Votes: 11 3.2%
  • Beckett Sennecke

Votes: 55 15.8%
  • Zayne Parekh

Votes: 19 5.4%

• Total voters

Gabouch04

Jun 25, 2023
I don't know how you can watch Lindstrom and utter the words ''good skater'' in the same sentence as his name. He is a powerful one but he can't turn worth a lick and his edge work is very mediocre relative to other young top prospects coming up.
His techniques is a little bit weird (high center of gravity), but this can be easily worked on with a skating coach/Adam Nicholas. Kotkaniemi had the same problem, but he was always getting push around, Lindstrom doesn’t get push around. Plus from what he heard and from what he’s showing, Kotkaniemi isn’t willing to work on himself.

lindstrom’ edges are more then fine (or he wouldn’t be playing center at the junior level) and he’s powerful as you pointed out.

DramaticGloveSave

Voice of Reason
Apr 17, 2017
This is why speed and edges are two separate things. Lindstrom has good speed for his size, but his skating technique is not good at all. It’s more forgivable when you’re a big powerful player, but still, his skating needs a ton of work and he’s a bit of a project overall especially for a top 5 pick.

KevSkillz4

Apr 11, 2016
This is why speed and edges are two separate things. Lindstrom has good speed for his size, but his skating technique is not good at all. It’s more forgivable when you’re a big powerful player, but still, his skating needs a ton of work and he’s a bit of a project overall especially for a top 5 pick.

Lindstrom or Demidov will be no brainer at 5 if one are there at 5.

Iginla will be the most perfect choice if they are not there.

I'm a big fan of Iginla since the beginning of the season. But Lindstrom need to be the choice if he is available.

Reactions: WeThreeKings

The Last Red

Jan 2, 2022
Lindstrom or Demidov will be no brainer at 5 if one are there at 5.

Iginla will be the most perfect choice if they are not there.

I'm a big fan of Iginla since the beginning of the season. But Lindstrom need to be the choice if he is available.
100% agree. Then again, what happens if Lindstrom is no better than Evander Kane . . . Yeah, someone actually posted that crap here. I'd be pretty happy if Lindtsrom can be as good Kane in the NHL, without the craziness or idiocy of Kane off the ice.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: KevSkillz4

Naslund

Jun 18, 2006
USA
100% agree. Then again, what happens if Lindstrom is no better than Evander Kane . . . Yeah, someone actually posted that crap here. I'd be pretty happy if Lindtsrom can be as good Kane in the NHL, without the craziness or idiocy of Kane off the ice.
I posted that. And your answer is that you would be happy with Evander Kane-type impact when he is on his best behavior, for our 5th overall pick this year? I think we have different expectations for this pick.

Harry Kakalovich

Sep 26, 2002
Montreal
Our defense, currently, sucks too. Just like the O.

If the Habs goalie isn’t among the three stars, the wrong lamp is lit 4-5 times.

The needs are many, front and back.

We are ‘all set’ ——> at not one position.
I agree, and also projecting lineups into the future is not very reliable.

Take the best player and the Habs'll never be disappointed.

Whereas if they don't take a player because of some other player they have projected into their future lineup, well those projections will change 5 times a year, and will look entirely different 3-4 years from now.

So just BPA - when is having too many good players a problem?

Reactions: dcyhabs

KevSkillz4

Apr 11, 2016

Yess!! Evander Kane profile always looks like a powerforward with talent offensive.

The Last Red

Jan 2, 2022
I posted that. And your answer is that you would be happy with Evander Kane-type impact when he is on his best behavior, for our 5th overall pick this year? I think we have different expectations for this pick.
Kane was a highly effective top 6 forward in his prime . . . even with his off-ice drama. Yes, I'd be happy with that. Would I be happier with a perennial 80-90 pt. scorer? Yeah, sure I would. But the odds of getting that at no. 5, or even above that, are slim. But that's why I'd take Demidov before Lindstrom. I don't see any other forward with Demidov's upside in this draft so a Kane-like player would be fine as a next best option.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
I mean we picked two guys that can’t even sniff Kane’s jock at 3. So a 55-60 point power forward would be a welcome addition. I also think it’s a poor comparison and that you’re selling him short. He’s more Jamie Benn stylistically than he is Kane anyways. Would you not be happy with a Jamie Benn? Or like @Garbageyuk said, another Slafkovsky. Imagine having two.

Reactions: Deebs

The Last Red

Jan 2, 2022
I mean we picked two guys that can’t even sniff Kane’s jock at 3. So a 55-60 point power forward would be a welcome addition. I also think it’s a poor comparison and that you’re selling him short. He’s more Jamie Benn stylistically than he is Kane anyways. Would you not be happy with a Jamie Benn? Or like @Garbageyuk said, another Slafkovsky. Imagine having two.
No, I want McDavid-like.

• Haha
Reactions: le_sean

Xirik

Sep 24, 2014
Alberta
If you can get past your initial reaction to the name isn't PLD a good comparison? Just a better version of him without the lockeroom cancer and terrible work ethic?

Naslund

Jun 18, 2006
USA
Kane was a highly effective top 6 forward in his prime . . . even with his off-ice drama. Yes, I'd be happy with that. Would I be happier with a perennial 80-90 pt. scorer? Yeah, sure I would. But the odds of getting that at no. 5, or even above that, are slim. But that's why I'd take Demidov before Lindstrom. I don't see any other forward with Demidov's upside in this draft so a Kane-like player would be fine as a next best option.
I think Iginla has 80-90pt upside at his peak, and I would prefer to take one of top defensemen in this draft rather than getting Kane-level of impact for our 5th overall pick, but that's just me. Kane's peak numbers were 30 goals and 55ish points while being -50 over the course of his career. I like Kane (and Lindstrom), but I'm looking for more. We need a difference maker, and I believe Iginla is it.

Walksss

Mar 26, 2013

Yeah Kane's total point production and his inconsistency leaves a lot to be desired but I think if Lindstrom could become a better version of that type of power forward he'd be a complete beast.

Almost impossible he could be the level of idiot that Kane is. I feel like he projects much better and yet similar in a lot of ways.

Naslund

Jun 18, 2006
USA
The spectrum of options is wider than bust (Galchenyuk), near bust (Kotkaniemi) and above average player (Kane). I know years of Timmins-Bergevin drafting has lowered expectations, but it is possible to draft a difference maker with a 5th overall pick...

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
The spectrum of options is wider than bust (Galchenyuk), near bust (Kotkaniemi) and above average player (Kane). I know years of Timmins-Bergevin drafting has lowered expectations, but it is possible to draft a difference maker with a 5th overall pick...
You have a weird definition of average. A 55-60 point power forward is a really good 2nd liner, borderline 1st liner. That’s more than average.

Naslund

Jun 18, 2006
USA
You have a weird definition of average. A 55-60 point power forward is a really good 2nd liner, borderline 1st liner. That’s more than average.
Kane was a 4th overall pick that was given all the ice time needed and opportunities (PP time) to put better numbers. Instead, he generated Gallagher-level numbers. That's an above-average player in my book.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Kane was a 4th overall pick that was given all the ice time needed and opportunities (PP time) to put better numbers. Instead, he generated Gallagher-level numbers. That's an above-average player in my book.
4th overall pick and is 7th in points in his draft year. I don’t see what the problem is. I think people need to start realizing how many players turn out to be busts and how average drafts typically are. It’s not always 2003.

Naslund

Jun 18, 2006
USA
Final thought. Lindstrom and Slafkovsky are completely different players.

I said "above average".

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I think we are at an impasse. Time to go to bed.

Still 40 days before the draft, so plenty of time to argue about everything...
kxcHmZD.png

:sarcasm:

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Can we speak about the pick received from the Jets or we are gonna go another 500 pages on Sennecke, Lindstrom, Iginla or any defenseman?

Since I didnt follow much that draft, what could be a potential target in your eyes? I could see a trade to improve a bit like they did with Miller in New York or Schneider for a player they tartargeted
Beaudoin, Titchie, Parascak, Hage, Boisvert, Mustard, Poirier, Basha, Elick, Chernyzov, Artomonov, Surin, to name a few.

If both Basha and Boisvert are available with Winnipeg pick who would be your pick ?
Who did the Habs pick at 5? I think Basha is the better player but if they go Catton or Demidov? I think Id like Boisvert. Both are close though.
Cayden Lindstrom is a bad skater? Okay.
If you're not flawless you're not good.

Reactions: Vachon23

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad