• Beckett Sennecke

Votes: 55 16.2%
  • Zayne Parekh

Votes: 18 5.3%

• Total voters

Rozz

Jun 23, 2012
Niagara Falls, Ont.
From the highlights I've seen, Sennecke looks slippery like Perry. Height and weight are similar. That is all I see. Obviously many other aspects of the game.
I said the same thing! I see the same "slippery" moves that perry had... not saying they are great comparables otherwise... but when I watched clips that was one if the first things that stood out.

Reactions: waitin425

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
The Hawks aren’t exactly filled with D prospects. They drafted Bedard, Nazar, Moore high up, all similar sizes on O. I can see them going big on D in either Levshunov or Silayev.

I mean they’ll need to build a Dcore and the sooner you start, the better.
And Bedard, Nazar and Moore aren’t enough up front. They lack everywhere, so everything is a possibility.

Reactions: Gustave

DramaticGloveSave

Voice of Reason
Apr 17, 2017
I said the same thing! I see the same "slippery" moves that perry had... not saying they are great comparables otherwise... but when I watched clips that was one if the first things that stood out.
I think one of the things that makes Sennecke unique is his skating in addition to being 6’3” and having great puck skills. Most of those sweet handed 6’3” guys couldn’t skate like Sennecke (Perry, Spezza etc)

Reactions: Troyp and Rozz

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
His edgework is great, he doesn’t have Lindstroms power, but he’s a much more nimble and technically efficient skater. He moves around like a guy who’s 5’11”

From what I have seen, Sennecke is clever and has a great stick skills in terms of doing little things to gain some space. He's got an offensive mind for sure. I just don't think he has 5-8 range consideration in this draft. Could be a real steel type pick though.

His skating seems very good for someone his size but I'll have to trust you on this. Or go watch a lot more video. From what i seen, I would say his edge work is good but doesn't compare to Iggy. I've seen Iggy turn from board situations with clutter and escape with possession. I think his father has taught him well and he is mature beyond where you would see someone his age. He's great at the little things and then he has that shot/size added to this resume.

I think Iggy is the type that makes players around him better and I value that alot. I think Sennecke is the type that benefits from having a good center to work with. Nothing wrong with that if Sennecke is pulling his weight but I prefer Iggy's skating/size/shot power/vision. I said it before and will say it again, I have a very hard time nit picking Iggy's flaws.

Last edited:

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
I think one of the things that makes Sennecke unique is his skating in addition to being 6’3” and having great puck skills. Most of those sweet handed 6’3” guys couldn’t skate like Sennecke (Perry, Spezza etc)

Spezza was the comp someone made on a pod, but I'd say Sennecke has way more jam than Spezza ever did. But as far as a big ramgy guy with good skating and puck skills, Spezza fits that.

Reactions: VirginiaMtlExpat

Rozz

Jun 23, 2012
Niagara Falls, Ont.
I'll be honest, I'm not huge on Sennecke at 5... but as I was reading more and more about him rising, I watched some video. my take aways were that he's slippery, got the hands to get around people in tight, good size... good edges and skating.. didnt look overly fast... but maybe it just wasnt on display in the vids i watched...He definitely looks good in highlights..
but I'm just not sold on him at 5... then again i am by no means an expert or even properly informed on him lol

I'm still just a bit skeptical... probably ptsd lol

Reactions: DramaticGloveSave

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
If Bergevin is the GM of the Blue Jackets, who do you think he picks?

Bergevin probably likes Lindstrom? Or does Timmins convince them to draft a D?

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Bergevin with Timmins, they'll find the bust at 4th overall and clear the way for the Habs at #5.

Mark Hunter as Columbus GM would be good for us, you'd have to think Sam Dickinson would be a likely pick for them at 4th.

Bergevin probably likes Lindstrom. Timmins probably likes all the D.

Reactions: Rozz

DramaticGloveSave

Voice of Reason
Apr 17, 2017
Spezza was the comp someone made on a pod, but I'd say Sennecke has way more jam than Spezza ever did. But as far as a big ramgy guy with good skating and puck skills, Spezza fits that.
Maybe I’m confused and thinking of old Spezza, but I recall even young Spezza being slow. Could be wrong. But to me what makes Sennecke unique is being 6’3” with the hands and wheels to weave through traffic at high speeds.

Seb

All we are is Dustin Byfuglien
Jul 15, 2006
I'm assuming you are talking about Sennecke? How does his skating translate to the NHL level?

Yeah I was talking about him considering his recent growth spurt, I'm convinced there's still a lot of room for him to fill his frame.

As for his skating, I'm not an expert so I can't comment but from the videos I've been watching it seems he has great skating and edgework which makes him elusive.

Reactions: Habs Halifax

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Yeah I was talking about him considering his recent growth spurt, I'm convinced there's still a lot of room for him to fill his frame.

As for his skating, I'm not an expert so I can't comment but from the videos I've been watching it seems he has great skating and edgework which makes him elusive.

I like him a lot but not a 5th pick consideration for me. I do think his skating for his size is a good part of his resume.

I think Iggy can be a F Forsberg or believe it or not... A Kaprisov type. Sennecke is like a Batherson for me. When I watch video from both, I see Iggy sniping corners with his shot and feeding guys making them better. Better at makign something out of nothing. With Sennecke, I see a lot of goals scored on 2 on 1's and defensive breakdowns and PP points. No doubt about it, Sennecke has 30 goal threat power forward at the NHL level (like Batherson). I just think Iggy has that too but other parts of his game that make him effective in many areas.

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
Just gonna post the top 5 of Pronman's first mock

1. San Jose Sharks: Macklin Celebrini, C, Boston University-Hockey East​

Celebrini is the consensus No. 1 pick. The Sharks GM has basically said that’s who they’re taking. We can move on.

2. Chicago Blackhawks: Artyom Levshunov, RHD, Michigan State-Big Ten​

Our colleague Scott Powers believes it’s down to Levshunov or SKA winger Ivan Demidov for Chicago. Both are great prospects, but history has shown if it’s close the NHL team often will lean to the big defenseman over the smaller winger.

3. Anaheim Ducks: Anton Silayev, LHD, Torpedo-KHL​

Anaheim is sitting in a great position because of how talented their group of young forwards are and the collection of high-end defense prospects at the top of this draft. Whether it’s Levshunov, Silayev or Sam Dickinson, the Ducks are in a great spot to leave with a big, mobile defenseman. Silayev as a huge and mean defender fits in very well with the kind of team GM Pat Verbeek wants to build. The league thinks if they go forward it would be for Cayden Lindstrom.

4. Columbus Blue Jackets: Sam Dickinson, LHD, London-OHL​

The Blue Jackets could go in a few different directions. They’ve added forwards and defensemen high in the draft in recent years although if I had to pick a need for them it would be more defensive depth. Silayev or Dickinson feel like ideal adds for them for that reason based on need and best player available. They’re not in such a bind on defense though that this pick could easily be Ivan Demidov or Cayden Lindstrom up front.

5. Montreal Canadiens: Ivan Demidov, LW, SKA-KHL​

The draft breaking this way would be ideal for the Canadiens, who many in the league believe want to add a forward in this draft. They would have their pick of Demidov, Cayden Lindstrom, Beckett Sennecke and others. Demidov is considered the second-best forward in the draft by many and would fit a need for the Habs.

Jets pick Pronman gives us Boisvert.. what a dream that would be.
Where do I sign for both pick ?

Reactions: WeThreeKings

Seb

All we are is Dustin Byfuglien
Jul 15, 2006
I like him a lot but not a 5th pick consideration for me. I do think his skating for his size is a good part of his resume.

I think Iggy can be a F Forsberg or believe it or not... A Kaprisov type. Sennecke is like a Batherson for me. When I watch video from both, I see Iggy sniping corners with his shot and feeding guys making them better. With Sennecke, I see a lot of goals scored on 2 on 1's and defensive breakdowns and PP points. No doubt about it, Sennecke has 30 goal threat power forward at the NHL level (like Batherson). I just think Iggy has that too but other parts of his game that make him effective in many areas.

I like Iginla better as well, he has the Gallagher no-quit attitude along with a shot and skills.

He will be very frustrating to play against.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Where do I sign for both pick ?

Between Iggy and Sennecke?

The difference when I watch video is I see Sennecke producing with open ice and defensive breakdowns. PP points. When I watch Iggy, I see that as well but the added layer is what he does out of nothing and how he escapes pressure along the walls. You see more creativity with Iggy after you look beyond the goal scoring and size factor. More passing ability and better vision.

I'll eat this very badly if it doesn't play out, but Iggy is going to be a star in the NHL. Sennecke will be a top 6F.

The difference between F Forsberg/Kaprisov vs Batherson. And remember, Iggy is very young and trending hot.

Reactions: Naslund

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
Between Iggy and Sennecke?

The difference when I watch video is I see Sennecke producing with open ice and defensive breakdowns. PP points. When I watch Iggy, I see that as well but the added layer is what he does out of nothing and how he escapes pressure along the walls. You see more creativity with Iggy after you look beyond the goal scoring and size factor. More passing ability and better vision.

I'll eat this very badly if it doesn't play out, but Iggy is going to be a star in the NHL. Sennecke will be a top 6F.
No for Demidov at 5 and Boisvert with the Jets pick

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
No for Demidov at 5 and Boisvert with the Jets pick

Call me crazy but I'd consider Iggy over Demidov. Would be a tough call for me. I'm not entirely buying all the Demidov hype as a smaller type forward with skill and I'm not afraid to take Iggy over Demidov just like we did with Slav over Wright and Reinbacher over Michkov.

Iggy dominated the CHL just as much as Demidov dominated the MHL this past season. Iggy also has great U17 and U18 numbers and also passes the eye test.

This time, I'm taking the best Canadian after Celebrini. Iggy is red hot heading into this draft and is one of the youngest. It's very impressive and I just can't find any flaws.

Skating, Crossovers, Edge work: Check
Size/Weight at an early age: Check
NHL shot at an early age: Check
Play Making ability / Vision (makes players around him better): Check
Ability to play along the boards and come out with possession: Check
International resume: Check
Playoff type warrior: Check

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Marc “Those players are never available” Bergevin will drool at the opportunity of moving forward with Fantilli and Lindstrom down the middle.

Knowing Bergevin, he shy's away from any decision and puts all the decision on his staff.

He did draft Galchenyuk with his first pick as GM with the Habs (injured player in his draft year). Does he pick Lindstrom or go with D? Blue Jackets do need center help

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad