Votes: 11 3.3%
  • Beckett Sennecke

Votes: 55 16.4%
  • Zayne Parekh

Votes: 17 5.1%

• Total voters

Playmaker09

Sep 11, 2008
He's been playing great since the start of the new year. People only started noticing now with the playoffs being more of a spotlight.
That's not true, it's since February 25th. It's a 65 day heater.

From Jan 1 to Feb 23 he had 20 points in 22 games.

DramaticGloveSave

Voice of Reason
Apr 17, 2017
That's fair. Keep in mind, Lindstrom's injury is probably the only reason keeping him out of a guaranteed #2 spot.
Not sure he’d be able to leapfrog Demidov and Silayev but perhaps with the Russian factor he’d be firmly in that tier. Same with Sennecke.

G0bias

Oct 4, 2007
MTL
Sennecke used to be a puck hound before his crazy growth spurt. There are flashes of his physicality but you can tell he's not always confident in it right now, he's very lanky.

Once he gets his conditioning and strength up to par, i suspect we'll see that part of his game shine again.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Basus suggesting Sennecke possible at 5 now...

I'm starting to think that the Habs have Sennecke higher than Lindstrom.
Basus? The androgynous, soothsayer art model that Da Vinci rendered in an oil painting (dubbed the "Monu Lisu"), stored in Le Louvre's underbelly?

b3P0KC6.jpg

Last edited:

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
My bold takes, Silayev go to Chicago. I think Silayev is VERY highly regarded by the scouting community and the Bob McKenzie list which rarely miss is a proof of that.

I think,
1. San Jose: Celebrini
2. Chicago: Silayev or Demidov or Levshunov
3. Anaheim: Levshunov or Helenius or Silayev
4. Columbus: Silayev or Sennecke or Levshunov
5. Montreal: Demidov or Sennecke or Iginla

I have a feeling Silayev is #1 target of Anaheim, Chicago and Columbus. I think he is getting Hedman hype now.

Something crazy but with all the recent discussion from all teams insider maybe not that far fetched. Sennecke to Columbus is me doing 1+1. Grant best mate is Timmins and he always hype up his friend top ranked players when his draft list arise. He did it with KK. No coincidence IMO with Grant McCagg claiming Sennecke as possibly going top 3. (IMO he knows Timmins loves him). I still think Columbus have Silayev ahead than Sennecke though if both are available.

Last edited:

themilosh

Sponsor
Apr 27, 2015
Oakville, ON
And if both Demidov and Lindstrom are gone by 5, Sennecke could be the pick. That's likely what he meant.
Honestly, at this point do you really think Hugo is going to whiff the pick? This is the first draft in as long as I can remember that the #5 - #15 range is truly a toss up. Not to say that any one from this group would not become the "second best" in a redraft, but all it takes is 1 other team eyeing the same prospect to forse your hand.
The good news is CH get the 1st choice from this group, and Im predicting the final decision comes down to the interview.
Hughes is a master at personnel assesment, that he grew up on the West Island makes him not only ideal but the perfect guy in charge of this pick.
We all have our preferences, but if Hugo say Sennecke is the pick at #5 then why not? So long as we get 2 from this group (trading up from WPG++), hell i'd be thrilled if we can can get 3 pucks from this group!!
Imagine Iginla, Sennecke and Eiserman - we actually have the assets (and cap room) to pull this off.

Bacchus1

Fill the net!
Sep 10, 2007
Montreal
It was virtually unanimous too. In fact it was pretty much "anybody but Brady Tkachuk".
Those dudes were pretty vocal and came off like they knew what they were talking about pretty hard. Personally, I wanted to pick Tkachuk but I didn’t feel I knew enough about all the prospects and so I kept that opinion to myself, and later joined the KK bandwagon even though I felt that Brady was the better choice.

Pretty much how I feel about every draft, though. I don’t follow the prospects diligently, and so I am quite the dilettante when it comes to drafting.

In the end, I just hope for the best from our team.

Schooner Guy

Jun 23, 2006
London won in 2OT. Maybe Sennecke will play in Game 4.
He won't play unless he's totally healthy and gets the green light. He missed Game 7 last series. Nobody's going to mess around with the brain of a kid who's about to go top 15 in the draft (maybe much higher).

It would be like if Slaf got injured in February. Would you still be keen on signing him to a major extension? Part of what makes one sold on Slaf is that he kept it up since Christmas and is now doing it again at Worlds.

I was hoping to see Sennecke do the same through the OHL playoffs and then the Memorial Cup. If he had he’d firmly be in the top 5 discussion, probably the 3rd forward taken. Now I think he’s back behind Lindstrom for me assuming he doesn’t play again this year. It’s just tough to make such a major investment on someone with such a small sample size of great play. It’s part of the reason I’m not as sold on Lindstrom as some.
Slaf started making noise with NHL scouts in December of his draft year as someone who was going to go very high no matter what public lists or HF Boards masses were saying. He was being talked about as potential #1 by some teams even before the Olympics. Sennecke's play has been raved about since after the holidays when Oshawa started moving up the standings.

I'm sure personal character and interviews will be important for these kids that the Habs could be picking at #5. The good thing is this regime does its due diligence and looks at every perspective and angle.

Also Oshawa was never going to the Memorial Cup even with a healthy Sennecke. This London team is unreal.

Sennecke is Jeff Carter
I don't see him like that. Sennecke has unreal puck skills and better creativity than Carter. Carter had that superstar shot and had very strong north south speed for a tall player.

Last edited:

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Jarvis is a 70 points player at 22 years old while being a pest, great on the board and defensively responsible. You're not getting much better than that at 5.

Rangers are beating the Canes because of their pathetic goaltending.

Anyway, Catton isn't similar to Jarvis aside from the fact they are both good players under 6' from the WHL.

Similar value, not style. The point here is I like Catton but I think Iggy will bring more value

Cayden can turn defenders so easily in the CHL. His agility and acceleration at almost 100kg is remarkable.

This is why he is ranked in most top 10's. Is that size/skating/physicality package. My only concern is his injuries and not much international play to evaluate. I really wanted to see him in the U18's to see how his game looks against the best his age. The biggest question I have is can he finish it tight spaces and how does his offensive game translate at the NHL level.

If Gorton/Hughes takes him, I'll trust them.

Basus suggesting Sennecke possible at 5 now...

I'm starting to think that the Habs have Sennecke higher than Lindstrom.

Crazy statement to most fans, but it's very possible the Habs could have both Iggy and Sennecke ahead of Dimidov and Lindstrom. Most would say no but NHL draft boards are not that predictable.

This group after Celebrini has be very curious in terms of how much movement there will be in "redrafts' in a few years.

It is insane how many goalie prospects that Russia is developing.

They don't play much D like in NA and it's a high tempo/skill type game. Goalies probably exposed in many games and makes them better? Not sure but it's my best guess. Something tells me the goalies are good because of what they went through. Lots of good shooters in Russia.

I think Batherson or Boldy are closer stylistically.

Carter had elite speed and an elite shot.

I like the Sennecke/Batherson comparison. Big body with good hands in tight with goal scoring ability. Decent skater.

Aside from the derail of comparing to his father, who do you pick for Tij Iginla's comparison?
* Kaprisov?

Looking for good skaters with size/weight and can shoot the puck. Don't like the Kaprisov pick, who else? I have not seen too many Iggy comparisons other than people talking about his father.

Reactions: vokiel

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Basu didn't really say he had any inside information but obviously he's started asking around about Sennecke.

I do think they are hoping for Demidov or Lindstrom (barring medicals) after that, I don't know who they prefer between Iginla or Sennecke.

Either way, we are going to get a good forward and if Adam Nicholas thinks he can turn Sennecke into a legitimate top line forward, then he's earned the right.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad