Votes: 54 16.8%
  • Zayne Parekh

Votes: 17 5.3%

• Total voters

Jabba11

Hockey Lobby
Nov 28, 2009
hockeylobby.blogspot.com
There really isn’t much separating them, imo. They’re different for sure, but similar calibre of prospects in that I see both as projecting to be middle-six players. Both would be bad picks at 5th overall. I’d give the edge to Helenius though due to better work ethic, drive, and IQ, and he’s more well rounded. Sennecke definitely has some better tools (key word: some), but has more deficiencies.
I laughed at this statement from your post. But overall, agreed with the Helenius take!

Garbageyuk

Dec 19, 2016
Just like we lost out on Svechnikov and on one of the 4 Cs last year, also by one pick.

At least getting Slaf made up for some of it.
“Missing out” on Svechnikov isn’t the problem. The problem is they reached for Kotkaniemi due to positional need. If they’d picked Tkachuk or Hughes, nobody here would ever think about Svechnikov.

I laughed at this statement from your post. But overall, agreed with the Helenius take!
Elaborate. Do tell what’s on your mind. This is a discussion forum, after all.

• Love
Reactions: River Meadow

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
“Missing out” on Svechnikov isn’t the problem. The problem is they reached for Kotkaniemi due to positional need. If they’d picked Tkachuk or Hughes, nobody here would ever think about Svechnikov.
No question but the post I was responding to was about a scenario where the first 4 picks are forwards so I limited my response to that and avoided discussing the picks we flubbed on.

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016
At 5, I'd rather have Beckett Sennecke than Konsta freaking Helenius.

Come on guys with Helenius, he will be lucky to become Lundell 2.0 and Lundell isn't that good to be picking at 5.

Let's take Beckett Sennecke, the next Matt Boldy, not the next Anton Lundell.
Slack on the beer, they are nothing alike outside of the 200 ft. game, Helenius is much more skilled.

Kobe Armstrong

Jul 26, 2011
Chernyshov most likely won’t be there. The others, I’d consider along with Basha, Paraschak, Mews, and Elick (the latter two only if we don’t go with a D at 5).
Surin is the kind of guy that you can guarantee will get suspended a couple of times in the NHL, and that makes me want to pick him.

Most unhinged player in the draft, on a 4th line with Xhekaj jr they would wreak havoc. His offensive game is super simple but he should be able to get some points just from outworking other players

Jabba11

Hockey Lobby
Nov 28, 2009
hockeylobby.blogspot.com

Elaborate. Do tell what’s on your mind. This is a discussion forum, after all.
I laughed because I agree, both would be bad picks at 5th overall***

Althought, I wouldn't say Helenius is totally a bad pick at 5th overall. I just prefer Demidov/Buium/Dickinson more. But he's a stud

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Since most of us are fixated on Iginla/Sennecke assuming we miss out of Lindstrom/Demidov and if the last 2 years thought me anything then we're probably drafting Helenius for maximum emotional damage.

At least I'll sleep better knowing he has Goldenhands seal of approval. :thumbu:
Cattons the dude I secretly hope they draft. His skill level is off the charts.

CapSpace

Caufield is lit
Nov 25, 2013
Near Montreal
Surin is the kind of guy that you can guarantee will get suspended a couple of times in the NHL, and that makes me want to pick him.

Most unhinged player in the draft, on a 4th line with Xhekaj jr they would wreak havoc. His offensive game is super simple but he should be able to get some points just from outworking other players

Seems that Surin is almost batshit crazy and I want him bad.

Xirik

Sep 24, 2014
Alberta
Helenius didn’t do anything at the U18 and he’s doing nothing at the WC. It’s nice to have a good Liiga season, but the league stinks. There are better options at 5.
Are you just trying to be dishonest? He's been in one game in the WC and has 1 point.

On what planet is that bad?

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
So I watched the 3 shift by shifts of Beckett on YouTube, which even in Andy Sutton's eyes makes me an expert. He has some sweet hands, that's for sure. I would be surprised if we take him at 5 though.

River Meadow

Mar 29, 2016

Agreed af.

Draft BPA.

If there is a LHD and RHD, and the LHD is better but they think they need the RHD more because of a positional need, that is a fail, IMO.

RationalExpectations

May 12, 2019
At 5, I'd rather have Beckett Sennecke than Konsta freaking Helenius.

Come on guys with Helenius, he will be lucky to become Lundell 2.0 and Lundell isn't that good to be picking at 5.

Let's take Beckett Sennecke, the next Matt Boldy, not the next Anton Lundell.
Lundell is a major contributor to the Panthers success in his D+4 but sure let s make it sound as if he were a bad player.

Reactions: NotProkofievian

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
Agreed af.

Draft BPA.

If there is a LHD and RHD, and the LHD is better but they think they need the RHD more because of a positional need, that is a fail, IMO.

This is a tough year to not draft a defenceman, for sure. You better hit on a good forward because chances are one of Dickinson, Buium, Silayev, Parekh and maybe even Yakemchuk are going to be hard to find players.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Cattons the dude I secretly hope they draft. His skill level is off the charts.

I'm sure Catton is in their mix of players to evaluate as we head towards the draft. I personally would love to see the Habs draft board and where they rank the forwards.

I'm just not sure what kind of player Catton ends up in the NHL playoffs. I have full confidence he can be very effective in the regular season but not so sure he is the playoff warrior type.

Not trading for Zegras would be the same reason not to draft Catton IMO. Due to the type of forward we are looking to add.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad