Votes: 55 15.7%
  • Zayne Parekh

Votes: 20 5.7%

• Total voters

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Maybe try and get that guy with the Winnipeg pick, next years pick won’t be in the lottery anyway 😉

Reinbackers told me points are points just last year
Reinbachers production is much more impressive. Not only he was steady throughout the year, he did it with less ice-time, less support and with a lot more certainty and less variance. Silayevs production came by way of transition and plays he wasn't directly involved in.

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016
And he has the will to do it. He's a 17 year old mixing it up after the whistle with 30 year olds, no fear in him whatsoever. One of the most effective forecheckers in the draft. Let's see what he does in the WC.
Yep, kid is totally fearless in Liiga, not impressed at all by bigger players, doesnt back down. He is indeed relentless on the forecheck and insane motor over 200 ft.

Welcome back BTW.

sampollock

Jun 7, 2008
in my home
Norman Flynn suggested during his visit to the Antichamber a major transaction offer between the Montreal Canadiens and the Anaheim Ducks. He suggests that CH general manager Kent Hughes contact Pat Verbeek to offer him the 5th overall pick in the draft in exchange for 21-year-old center Mason McTavish.

I put this in the wrong thread.

I can't see this even happening

BJCOLLINS

Jul 7, 2003
Pirate Satellite
Interestingly enough, SJ would be my target at 14 OA to move up.

Winnipeg's 1st, Colorado's 2nd and Habs 2025's 2nd could do it

Agree 100%. SJ need NHL ready D….so to move up 10 spots, we could offer Winnipeg’s #24 + (former 1st) Barron + Harris/Struble. Gives the Sharks a young R/L D pairing that is already NHL experienced & essentially plug and play. Maybe I’m way off, but I’d be sending the Sharks chum as soon as they say no to our first trade offer. We need that pick!!! lol

What a draft if we walk away with Lindstrom plus Sennecke or Eiserman, Catton, Greentree, Yakemchuk.

This years draft will be fun to watch, Cheers.

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016
Thanks bud. Where do you have Hemming these days?
He disappointed me at the U18, inconsistent effort level, can throw his size around and be effective along the wall, there are shifts where you see potential, there are shifts where you wonder if he likes playing the game. I think there are IQ limitations with this kid. He remains one of the best shooters in the draft, but Ive soured a bit on him, 20-25 range probably.

Sorinth

Jan 18, 2013
Not sure if it was posted already but nhl.com had their post lottery mock draft (2 people doing separate mocks)

They both had Levshunov to Chicago and then Silayev to Anaheim but then split on Demidov/Lindstrom for Columbus with us taking whoever was left. I'd be pretty happy with that and honestly positionally that seems like a the most likely situation, Chicago and Anaheim both going D, Columbus going F, and we are left with one of Demidov/Lindstrom.

Reactions: Rozz

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
He disappointed me at the U18, inconsistent effort level, can throw his size around and be effective along the wall, there are shifts where you see potential, there are shifts where you wonder if he likes playing the game. I think there are IQ limitations with this kid. He remains one of the best shooters in the draft, but Ive soured a bit on him, 20-25 range probably.

I'm about the same. I didn't sour on him, but while I love the tools, but I wonder where the rest is and have been looking for it the whole season. I like him with the Winnipeg pick.

Reactions: Goldenhands

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Most likely top 4:

vF5oAEN.png

Riggins

Jul 12, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Norman Flynn suggested during his visit to the Antichamber a major transaction offer between the Montreal Canadiens and the Anaheim Ducks. He suggests that CH general manager Kent Hughes contact Pat Verbeek to offer him the 5th overall pick in the draft in exchange for 21-year-old center Mason McTavish.

Might as well offer them Winnipeg's pick for Leo Carlsson while we're at it. :laugh:

• Haha
Reactions: Habs10Habs and Leto

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Most likely top 4:

vF5oAEN.png

Silayev at 4 is the most likely outcome based on the info we have today which is worth more than your screenshot but less than the bandwidth I'm writing it on.

Nothing is really clear until after the combine and going into draft week. Most scouting teams haven't had their official pre combine meeting even Hughes mentioned we hadn't.

Gustave

Feb 15, 2007
Here
Wouldn’t call it nightmare scenario. Even then you can have Iginla or Sennecke.
True.

But at that point in my opinion we are reaching, which isn’t the end of the world.

We are in a corner with the LD situation, a bit. I’d tend to have Buium and Dickinson ahead of the other block of forwards (Iggy sennecke catton etc)

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
Most likely top 4:

vF5oAEN.png
Meh, I can live just fine with Iginla or Helenius or Sennecke or Catton. At this spot, the difference in potential pro upside is minuscule in the forward group. We're drafting a kid with some tools to develop in any case, I'm not putting all of my hopes and dreams in the Lindstrom basket.

Habricot

Oct 22, 2017
I fervently believe our biggest need is a #1 defenseman before a top 6 forward so I'm with you on this one. Not sold on any of our young defenseman to be leading the d core into a championship.
Ghule is much closer of becoming a #1D then any other guy in this draft. This is without commenting on other guys in the team like Matheson and Hutson.

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
Even though the Habs won't take a LHD I was watching some Buium highlights earlier and he's a pretty damn talented player to pass on if there. This would've been a great draft if the Habs were looking to draft a LHD since they would certainly have some damn good LHD prospects to choose from @ 5 this year that's for sure.

I wonder if the Ducks have any interest in maybe taking the very talented California kid Buium @ 3?

Reactions: rochab and Expos94

McGees

Jun 15, 2016

Norman needs to retire...If he was GM we would have traded:
Slaf for PLD!!!
Suzuki for Wayne Simmonds!!!
Cole for Kyle Palmieri!!!
:banghead:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad