Votes: 11 3.2%
  • Beckett Sennecke

Votes: 55 16.0%
  • Zayne Parekh

Votes: 18 5.2%

• Total voters

SannywithoutCompy

Dec 22, 2020
Fans are always gonna want forwards, I wouldn't use the fan base as a barometer. Beat writers close to the team have more weight.

Chicago's said its Demidov or Levshunov.
We know that makes sense.
Anaheim wants a RD or a right shot forward. Levshunov or Helenius are the fits and rumors there.
CBJ is rumored to love Silayev.
I wouldn't rule out Buium (Cali kid) or Yakemchuk for Anaheim either.

If they want Yakemchuk it would make sense for them to swap picks with Montreal and get an extra piece since they know Columbus wouldn't take him.

Reactions: jaffy27

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
Just for fun, I looked at what Ana and CLB boards where predicting their picks could be and base on their preference. Seems to me that the odds of Lindstrom being available at 5 are very small. They all think the team before them will pick him or they prefer him over other option, including Demidov. Also, when having to decide between Demidov vs dman, while this is not a unconstested preference, seems like Ana and CLB would go for a dman.

Oddly enough, base on this, there are more chances that MTL leave Vegas with Demidov then any other forward.
Fortunately for us, HF fans don’t make the pick!

Many wanted Wright or Cooley, we got Slaf

Many wanted Michkov or Leonard, we got Reinbacher

I would put zero stock into HF opinions on who they should draft

GrandmaCookie

Feb 10, 2019
Just for fun, I looked at what Ana and CLB boards where predicting their picks could be and base on their preference. Seems to me that the odds of Lindstrom being available at 5 are very small. They all think the team before them will pick him or they prefer him over other option, including Demidov. Also, when having to decide between Demidov vs dman, while this is not a unconstested preference, seems like Ana and CLB would go for a dman.

Oddly enough, base on this, there are more chances that MTL leave Vegas with Demidov then any other forward.
Celibrini to SJS.
CHI board has a poll: Demidov wins at near 70%: Who should the Chicago Blackhawks select 2nd overall in the 2024 NHL Entry Draft?

ANA has a poll and now at 3rd its : Levshunov wins at 60%+: With the third pick in the 2024 NHL draft the Anaheim Ducks select...

Colombus is the difference maker but my hopes for Demidov are low unless we move up.

• Haha
Reactions: Frank JT and tnq

KevSkillz4

Apr 11, 2016
Even if I see Iginla the most logical choice for Habs if Demidov or Lindstrom are not there. I will be a very happy man if Berkly Catton is the pick at 5.

In term of talent and potential, Catton is a top 5 worthy. Some people really wanted Cooley in 2022, now it's time to draft a player who looks like him at 5.

Slaf, Catton?!?! That's going to be fun to watch!

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
I've been seeing quite a few posts talking about Sennecke being a riser but I haven't seen any about Iginla also being a riser.

Iginla went from 16th on McKenzie's mid season ranking (January 2024) to 10th on his latest list from a few days ago. Sennecke went from 19th to 14th on Bob's latest list.

Deebs

There's no easy way out
Feb 5, 2014
Lowkey getting annoyed with people underrating him, he's a stud. I don't even think I'd be upset if we got him.

Guhle-Reinbacher
Hutson-Silayev
Xhekaj-Mailloux

That is a defense core that will give the other team zero room in the playoffs and every one of them is an elite skater.
Isn't Silayev a LD?

Kosseca

Feb 23, 2020
Fortunately for us, HF fans don’t make the pick!

Many wanted Wright or Cooley, we got Slaf

Many wanted Michkov or Leonard, we got Reinbacher

I would put zero stock into HF opinions on who they should draft
As I said "just for fun"....

Doublechin

Jun 23, 2013
Celibrini to SJS.
CHI board has a poll: Demidov wins at near 70%: Who should the Chicago Blackhawks select 2nd overall in the 2024 NHL Entry Draft?

ANA has a poll and now at 3rd its : Levshunov wins at 60%+: With the third pick in the 2024 NHL draft the Anaheim Ducks select...

Colombus is the difference maker but my hopes for Demidov are low unless we move up.
These don't really matter at all in the gran picture, teams ain't consulting HFboards forums for who they're picking. Chicago has a bunch of small and undersized forwards in its pipeline, adding another one like Demidov might not be appealing after watching 2 examples of very soft teams brutally fail this year (Devils, Leafs)

A competent management team picks the big RD here for Chicago unless they view Demidov in the Celebrini tier

I would say the odds that Chicago passes on Demidov aren't as low as people think

GrandmaCookie

Feb 10, 2019
These don't really matter at all in the gran picture, teams ain't consulting HFboards forums for who they're picking. Chicago has a bunch of small and undersized forwards in its pipeline, adding another one like Demidov might not be appealing after watching 2 examples of very soft teams brutally fail this year (Devils, Leafs)

A competent management team picks the big RD here for Chicago unless they view Demidov in the Celebrini tier

I would say the odds that Chicago passes on Demidov aren't as low as people think
Yeah no kidding lmao.

Clumsyhab

Feb 22, 2004
Montreal
For a second straight year, I got a feeling that we are just one pick away from drafting the player we really needed. Last year with the one of the 4 unanimous top 4 forwards, and this year with Celebrini/Demidov/Lindstrom/Levshunov...

Habitant#1

Feb 15, 2006
Brisbane

Kyle Davidson loves speed and skill more than anything, so I really don't see him passing on Demidov.

Beer and Chips

Feb 5, 2018
Do you spend the assets to move up or get a 2nd line nhl ready player? I wouldn't try to do both, we're not that rich.

Habitant#1

Feb 15, 2006
Brisbane
For a second straight year, I got a feeling that we are just one pick away from drafting the player we really needed. Last year with the one of the 4 unanimous top 4 forwards, and this year with Celebrini/Demidov/Lindstrom/Levshunov...
Exactly this.

This is the major downside of 'competitive losing', it means the team doesn't bottom out properly.

Habs are now exiting their tanking years without ever having a chance to pick a truly elite talent.

I'm very worried for this rebuild.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Pretty much all teams have different BPA after Celebrini. It simply isn't that definitive.
Yes, I'm saying if I were their management, I would make my own list of best players available and choose whoever is after Celebrini on my list.

It's time for SJ to make the big brain move and trade the 1st overall to Mtl for the 5th, Jets 1st and Barron.

I do wonder if 5th overall + Jets 1st + Flames/Florida 2025 1st gets you 2nd overall.

I'm not sure, given how few top 5 picks have been traded down. May have to throw in a 2nd from this year and next.

Reactions: DAChampion

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
Beckett Sennecke has a production of 68 points in 63 games as a RW in the OHL, so what is allowing him to track as a potential top five pick?

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018

I agree. That's why I wanted to trade Savard (and Matheson?) at the TDL.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad