Votes: 53 17.7%
  • Zayne Parekh

Votes: 17 5.7%

• Total voters

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Agreed. I went through this process this week. He's not lucky, he's just sick.

I expected a lot more out of Helenius (the Finns generally). Looked to me like he mailed it in. He even said in an interview after their tournament exit that "it wasn't [his] decision to be there," before saying that it was "good to be with the guys before the home crowd etc." but the cat is kinda outta the bag. He's still in that 9 to 13 range for me, has been all season.

It would explain why Helenius looked mostly bored. Lol

Reactions: NotProkofievian

Playmaker09

Sep 11, 2008
Seems like a huge group of two-way left-handed Cs should be available around the Winnipeg pick: Surin, Boisvert, Boilard, Beaudoin

Would be nice given our only lefties are Newhook (who probably plays W) and Kidney/Simoneau who are unlikely to be NHLers.

Seb

All we are is Dustin Byfuglien
Jul 15, 2006
heard on bpm sports that rumors out there we picking 6th?

It's the likeliest scenario but I doubt VERY MUCH it has been leaked. Tho it's possible.

EDIT : I just saw your screenshot, it would be hilarious if it is indeed the real draw.

bcv

My french sucks.
Sep 18, 2010
Same kind of image leaked in the past, they're just doing testing for the show.

waitin425

Jan 10, 2009
Canada
**Puts on my conspiracy hat**

If the NHL does in fact rig the lottery, they just royally f***ed up and under no circumstances can have that result take place, for fear of being outed. Therefore, they will have to modify the fix and change the order. Utah either jumps clear to #1, or, the Habs move up to avoid detection. Let's hope the fix is in for us to move!

**Takes off my conspiracy hat and drinks a beer**

Reactions: Hacketts

Canadienna

Jan 27, 2015
Dew drops and rainforest

I found this an interesting read from Bob. TLDR is despite there being a lot of variability in the arrangement of prospects within the top15, there is a strong consensus on who the top 12-15 prospects are, with very few scouts picking players that no one else picked.

Would love to use the WPG and/or CGY picks to jump back into that front half of the draft.

Reactions: Expos94

Michoulicious

Dec 9, 2014

I found this an interesting read from Bob. TLDR is despite there being a lot of variability in the arrangement of prospects within the top15, there is a strong consensus on who the top 12-15 prospects are, with very few scouts picking players that no one else picked.

Would love to use the WPG and/or CGY picks to jump back into that front half of the draft.

I'd really want one of the top LHDs at #5-6 OA (Buium, Dickinson) if Demidov and Lindstrom are gone, and then one of the forwards with a 2nd pick in the top 15 (Sennecke, Iginla, Eiserman, etc.). That would be ideal.

But trading to pick in the top 15 will be very tough, especially if all the teams agree there is a tier drop after 12-15.

Maybe a team like Philly would like one (or a few) of our young LHDs + WPG pick for #12. That is the only team I could see being interested given where they are... York, Seeler, Zamula, meh. Bonk is a RD.

Reactions: Canadienna

HURRICANES ROCK

Nov 17, 2007

To be succinct. The top 15 are all really good and 6-15 are virtually interchangeable and after that, there is a big drop off at 16.

Reactions: Canadienna

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad