Votes: 10 3.4%
  • Beckett Sennecke

Votes: 54 18.1%
  • Zayne Parekh

Votes: 17 5.7%

• Total voters

HURRICANES ROCK

Nov 17, 2007
No one is mentioning the Calgary Flames have the #9 pick and Iginla is rated #10 by Bob. It seems a lot of people here have Iginla up in the top 5 or 6 but I think he will fall to later. If he is available at say 7, do the Flames pull off something to get him. I think they will. Jerome is a GOD in Calgary. Tij will be JESUS. I think the Flames end up with Iginla one way or the other. There is so many options available at 7 8 9 that it won't cost the Flames much at all to get him.

Having said that. If the Habs fall to 7 would we take something for Tij to move to 10 or 11? How about the Flames remove the "top 10 protection" on next year's pick?

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
When has HuGo given anything resembling a time frame for their competitive window? ALL of that is a manifestation of these boards that gets repeated as though it has merit.

They'll take the player that they think will help win the cup. If that player is currently 18, amazing. If a player comes available that they like better that is 22, even better. They certainly aren't thinking like your post suggests and taking options off the table. I have no idea where this initially came from but its nonsense.
Trades in back to back drafts for 22 year olds in Dach and Newhook
Trading for 20 yr old prospects
Drafting 19/20 year olds in both drafts

Yeah, nonsense lmao
Maybe you need to pay better attention to their plan and moves.

Spearmint Rhino

Sep 17, 2013
I think we can all agree that Edmonton will take Connelly. :nod:
Vegas is my bet, in for a penny in for a pound for being most hated franchise
I believe it has happened twice.

I’ll scope for occurences during Bos/Fla.

Also, seeing him live, he Euro-fakes injuries.

Talented, I know, but…

A diving spitter? DND for me if true

Reactions: habsfan891

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
The defensemen are hot commodities! Give me Buium, Dickinson or Leshunov.
I wish Buium was a right shot. I’d actually consider him. No issues with two high scoring blueliners in the lineup. But there’s no room for him right now. We’re stacked on the left side.

Reactions: jaffy27

Jabba11

Hockey Lobby
Nov 28, 2009
hockeylobby.blogspot.com
I wish Buium was a right shot. I’d actually consider him. No issues with two high scoring blueliners in the lineup. But there’s no room for him right now. We’re stacked on the left side.
Remember, we should not take into consideration our current lineup. Buium has upside to become #1 LD on our team in the future. I wish he was right handed too but I think he'll end up higher than most think. The kid is a workhorse with talent and physicality.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Remember, we should not take into consideration our current lineup. Buium has upside to become #1 LD on our team in the future. I wish he was right handed too but I think he'll end up higher than most think. The kid is a workhorse with talent and physicality.
I think we should take into consideration our lineup though. Our D looks great. We need a forward. If he were RD I’d say maybe he’s too good to pass up but you can’t ignore what we already have and what we’re missing.

The Last Red

Jan 2, 2022
HuGo will take our current lineup into consideration. Their contracts are not infinite. You know, the real world.

Reactions: Jabba11

KevSkillz4

Apr 11, 2016
The “next Chara,” probably not. But maybe.

Not really. I don't see the hype with Silayev. Buium, Dickinson or Leshunov are more top 3 talent than him.

Maybe he is going to be good, but Owen Power is way more impressive than Silayev.

Jabba11

Hockey Lobby
Nov 28, 2009
hockeylobby.blogspot.com
I think we should take into consideration our lineup though. Our D looks great. We need a forward. If he were RD I’d say maybe he’s too good to pass up but you can’t ignore what we already have and what we’re missing.
I don't know if our D looks that great. Look at the holes we had last year. Matheson and Savard out in a few years and you're left with Guhle and hoping Hutson/Reinbacher become studs. Mailloux not sure he's more than bottom pair and Harris/Struble are ordinary. Arber is at best a top 4. So, no, we are far from the defense like Vegas, Dallas, Hurricanes, etc.

Imagine if you add Buium/Dickinson to Reinbacher + Hutson, that's a big 3. Then add Arber that's a much more elite defense than what we are hoping right now.

While up front, you can build around Slaf, Suzuki, Caufield and Dach. Then you get another asset through trade or FA to complement them. It's possible

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
I don't know if our D looks that great. Look at the holes we had last year. Matheson and Savard out in a few years and you're left with Guhle and hoping Hutson/Reinbacher become studs. Mailloux not sure he's more than bottom pair and Harris/Struble are ordinary. Arber is at best a top 4. So, no, we are far from the defense like Vegas, Dallas, Hurricanes, etc.

Imagine if you add Buium/Dickinson to Reinbacher + Hutson, that's a big 3. Then add Arber that's a much more elite defense than what we are hoping right now.

While up front, you can build around Slaf, Suzuki, Caufield and Dach. Then you get another asset through trade or FA to complement them. It's possible
If you do that you now have to trade Ghule. And we already are going to have to trade Matheson and a whole whack other guys.

As for us not looking great on D this year - most of our future blueline wasn’t here yet. They’re only coming in now.

Where we really need help is up front. We have one line. If Dach is healthy we might have two. We desperately need some up from talent. It’s much better to draft it with a high pick then try to trade for it.

The Last Red

Jan 2, 2022

Our D looks good enough. Our F’s look like crap, however.

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
So one team had Helenius top 3 on Bob's survey. If that team pick 3-5, we might have the ultimate chaos at the draft. :laugh:
Same thing with Sennecke at 5.

Or it might all be the Habs and they just removed all the Ds from their list. :DD

If some teams are crazy to draft Silayev top 3, thanks god, that's a such news for Habs !
Columbus is apparently quite interested in him, as is Arizona Utah. I also think people in here undervalued him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad