• Beckett Sennecke

Votes: 54 17.2%
  • Zayne Parekh

Votes: 17 5.4%

• Total voters

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
That Oshawa vs North Bay OT is insane.....one-sided. Oshawa is doing everything but score.

Reactions: jiboy

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
Cant help but have Scheifele vibe from Sennecke
Sennecke is very similar aesthetically to what Scheifele was. Very lanky, poor balance, work in progress but great offensive tools with the exception that he is not a Center.

I also remember prior to the 2011 draft Scheifele was a favourite among habs supporters to be drafted with our pick (17th overall) because that's where most draft ranking had him but he was finally drafted (as a late riser) by Winnipeg 7th overall and it was a bit of a shock but in the end it's quite clear the Jets got a great player with that 'reach'.

jiboy

la game dans la game
May 2, 2007
He seems to process quickly what is going on , he's the flavor of the moment I dont wanna get carried away but there is definite elite upside with him.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Wow....well we will have another game to see Sennecke...Ty Nelson with a great play in 2OT to continue the series. 3-2 Oshawa in series.

Play started with Sennecke trying to overtake Mathurin and was unable to do so with Mathurin pinning him to the board...and then NBay came back and scored.

Oshawa so dominated that OT...and yet...

Sennecke is very similar aesthetically to what Scheifele was. Very lanky, poor balance, work in progress but great offensive tools with the exception that he is not a Center.

I also remember prior to the 2011 draft Scheifele was a favourite among habs supporters to be drafted with our pick (17th overall) because that's where most draft ranking had him but he was finally drafted (as a late riser) by Winnipeg 7th overall and it was a bit of a shock but in the end it's quite clear the Jets got a great player with that 'reach'.
Who in the past years was drafted top 5 with that kind of pedigree.....except...Kotkaniemi....it's all about potential for him. And what the heck is his ceiling. He'd be an insane great 2nd pick in a 1st round.

Reactions: Rozz

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
- We are looking to add weight at all costs with the top 5-7 choice. No ''little player'' unless obviously Ivan Demidov is available, with the talent he has, they will probably make an exception. But Berkly Catton doesn't seem like a feasible possibility for them (as of this writing).
No surprise there.

breaking, Montreal has already started putting up smokescreens for the draft
I remember last year when it was leaked that the Habs wouldn't touch Michkov with a 10 ft pole...some people here thought it was a smokescreen, too.

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
North Bay has been a strong team for a few years, last year they were especially deep and with Romani being a draft eligible he didn't necessarily get all the best minutes or opportunities. This year however not only did he move up the lineup but he showed up having improved a lot of his weaknesses; skating, compete, etc. He has always been a highly regarded and skilled player, he pretty much came up with Barlow except Barlow went to a team where he got a lot more opportunity right away. If they Barlow had gone to North Bay and Romani to Owen Sound, things might have worked out the other way around. Who knows.
Romani could be worth gambling a mid round pick on. A 3rd? We have extra picks. He had better numbers than Barlow this year.

Last edited:

SlafySZN

May 21, 2022
Wow....well we will have another game to see Sennecke...Ty Nelson with a great play in 2OT to continue the series. 3-2 Oshawa in series.

Play started with Sennecke trying to overtake Mathurin and was unable to do so with Mathurin pinning him to the board...and then NBay came back and scored.

Oshawa so dominated that OT...and yet...

They dominated wednesday’s game too. Sennecke was everywhere he had a goal to tie the game, another one to tie it back again in the 3rd period and they dominated in OT, he hit the post and then North bay took their chance couple of minutes after and scored.

Reactions: TheBuriedHab

Habssince89

trolls to the IL
Sponsor
Apr 14, 2009
Vancouver, BC
It's fun to think that WPG pick is going to get weaponized by Hughes with one of the young Dmen. It gives him so much flexibility in terms of what he can offer with the pick, and the players available aren't busts or failed in any way, there's simply not enough chairs. I think a good negotiator like Hughes will see this as dealing from a position of strength and selling high.

But what exactly does he do with the pick? Is it better to move up in the 1st round, or go after a young player like Dach/Newhook? Is he able to package Anderson/Gallagher with these assets for a different kind of return?

Personally I'd like to see him move up this year and try to see who falls around the 10-16 range. I like the idea of another Dach deal, but the right player has to be out there.

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
It's fun to think that WPG pick is going to get weaponized by Hughes with one of the young Dmen. It gives him so much flexibility in terms of what he can offer with the pick, and the players available aren't busts or failed in any way, there's simply not enough chairs. I think a good negotiator like Hughes will see this as dealing from a position of strength and selling high.

But what exactly does he do with the pick? Is it better to move up in the 1st round, or go after a young player like Dach/Newhook? Is he able to package Anderson/Gallagher with these assets for a different kind of return?

Personally I'd like to see him move up this year and try to see who falls around the 10-16 range. I like the idea of another Dach deal, but the right player has to be out there.
Moving up is smart if you can get a player that is sliding or that his rated very high on your list, if it's just trading up because you have too many draft pick, it's a bit useless and unnecessary.

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia

As long as it's not another Mesar. Just a wasted asset

Reactions: CristianoRonaldo

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
Sounds good but I remember people once said we drafting Shane Wright and Michkov also.
And you have very bad memory, because Wright/Michkov were who people wanted since season start and by March journo were saying Habs were on Slaf and Reinbacher...

Just a few days ago, we are told Habs ranking is Demidov, Lindstrom and Sennecke. So people are looking at Sennecke, because they have no idea who that is. ;)

Reactions: Redux91

Shutdown

Sep 7, 2009
Montreal
And you have very bad memory, because Wright/Michkov were who people wanted since season start and by March journo were saying Habs were on Slaf and Reinbacher...

Just a few days ago, we are told Habs ranking is Demidov, Lindstrom and Sennecke. So people are looking at Sennecke, because they have no idea who that is. ;)
who has said Sennecke from Habs media?

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
Marc-Olivier Beaudoin, but he's more a blogger/Twitter dude than anything else.
Didn't Basu mention it first in his podcast? Because Beaudoin seems to have just repeated what Basu said the day before in his podcast.

Grant McCagg also talked about Sennecke going top 10 a few days ago. Grant has crazy hot takes (I really doubt Sennecke is going top 3), but he's usually right about who is rising and falling because he still talks to NHL scouts and he can still "guess" the Habs pick very well.

Kobe Armstrong

Jul 26, 2011
Marc-Olivier Beaudoin, but he's more a blogger/Twitter dude than anything else.
McCagg had it first and we can either give him his credit or now that every other journalist is jumping on it we can pretend someone else got the scoop

MO Beaudoin even credited McCagg with calling it first. Something we've seen the past few years as well...

Zilo44

Jul 4, 2012
Habs took the riser in Slafkovsky in 2022. Did the same with Reinbacher in 2023. It’s not out of this world they keep the same approach

Reactions: dinodebino

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad