• Beckett Sennecke

Votes: 54 18.2%
  • Zayne Parekh

Votes: 17 5.7%

• Total voters

Sam I Am

Jul 23, 2003
Visit site
He is a very good hockey player, but pretty light and gets pushed off the puck too easily. Reminds me a bit of Zegras. He is likely a no draft anyway.

Team Canada and USA are absolutely stacked and its easier to shine in those circumstances. Team Finland is 2 players, the rest are mid/late round picks at best. Team Finland absolutely got steamrolled last tuesday, they just couldnt handle USA forecheck and they got outplayed in all facets oif the game, especially the puck battles.. No excuse for Helenius though, he needs to elevate his game.

Extremely unlikely that the Habs are interested in Connelly especially in the top 7. Just saying that the other top 2024 eligible forwards in the U18 have not convinced me. The true standouts are 2025 and 2026 eligible.

If the Habs have bad luck in the lottery and slide back to 6th or 7th there is an excellent chance that both Demidov and Lindstrom will be off the board. Iginla is a possibility I suppose but I can't help feeling that the BPA at that point will be a defenseman. Maybe Catton is the best bet--too bad he's not playing .

Reactions: Anardil

KevSkillz4

Apr 11, 2016
Sennecke is very very legit. I would not be mad if he is the pick for Habs at 5 or 6.

Catton, Iginla or Sennecke are all good options if Lindstrom or Demidov are not there.

Gustave

Feb 15, 2007
Here
If he’s there with Colorado, I would jump on it

He’s a gamer that is not afraid to go in dirty area and he has one of the best shoot in the draft
I’ll even go Winnipeg on him, I don’t care at this point :laugh:

I’m walking away with him in my prospect pool. Sue me.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
I’ll even go Winnipeg on him, I don’t care at this point :laugh:

I’m walking away with him in my prospect pool. Sue me.
I feel you. People are sleeping on him hard. He's a little ball of hate that can score goals at a rate only Eiserman and Iginla can rival. He's crazy talented.

Were falling head over heels for Sennecke but were ignoring Poirier who's scoring 16 goals in 12 games in the Pos.

If you took away all of 8 poiriers assists, he would be 7th in scoring in the Q's Pos, lmao.

He currently leads the nation in goals, points and PPG. Oh f*** it, plus minus too.

All this while being the youngest draft eligible left in the playoffs.

Gustave

Feb 15, 2007
Here
I feel you. People are sleeping on him hard. He's a little ball of hate that can score goals at a rate only Eiserman and Iginla can rival. He's crazy talented.

Were falling head over heels for Sennecke but were ignoring Poirier who's scoring 16 goals in 12 games in the Pos.

If you took away all of 8 poiriers assists, he would be 7th in scoring in the Q's Pos, lmao.

He currently leads the nation in goals, points and PPG. Oh f*** it, plus minus too.

All this while being the youngest draft eligible left in the playoffs.
My whole fandom resides in this; his goals are translatable to a pro game. He goes hard to the net, strong bottom half body.

That shot is NHL level already, so he has two ways to score. Say you draft Catton at first, Poirier becomes a no brainer from a roster construction POV.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
My whole fandom resides in this; his goals are translatable to a pro game. He goes hard to the net, strong bottom half body.

That shot is NHL level already, so he has two ways to score. Say you draft Catton at first, Poirier becomes a no brainer from a roster construction POV.
For me, he's one of the reason I wouldn't mind going D or size in the top 5. Reach for him, I don't care.

Something like Lindstrom + Poirier + Elick/Emery and Id be happy.

PavelBrendl

Jul 9, 2013
314409366_3444685212455562_9079985942417272478_n.jpg

Reunite two of these kids.

Kaiden Ghoul

Youppi va t’il devoir chauser ses patins calvaince
Jan 19, 2020
I could see them maybe trade back if player out of their top 5 is selected ahead of us

Nevins

Jul 12, 2014
Wow!!!!

I just listened Marco D'amico's interview on the French Radio 91.9.

He said that he did about 15 interviews so far with prospects of the June draft and Berkly Catton is the one who impressed him the most:

He said that usually the interviews are 15 minutes long but with Catton's passion of the game the interview was an hour.

He said that he is exactly the type of Martin St Louis cause he is a student of the game.

He gave an example:

Catton told him that last summer he spent hundreds of hours working on his shot but for him it was not enough so he décided to go to a goaltenders camp to speak with them. Catton asked them what were the areas where they were the most uncomfortable in the net. So with the answers that the goaltenders gave him he worked on his shot specically on that.

D'Amico said Catton had the best personnalty he interviewed so far because of his passion , his knowledge of the game etc.

Catton told him thst during the season he watched 15 habs games to study Nick Suzuki's game on 200 foot and Cole Caufield for his release.

I had Catton 3rd overall because of his IQ ( the most important quality for a hockey player). ...this convince me even more..
Agree withthe You.Catton’s hockey IQ and playmaking hability is why he is my favorite,after Demidov.

Reactions: Rozz and crosbyshow

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad