Votes: 9 3.5%
  • Beckett Sennecke

Votes: 52 20.3%
  • Zayne Parekh

Votes: 14 5.5%

• Total voters

Lockin17

Jul 31, 2018
Not against any of your choices, they’re all fine, but I hate trading down, especially for more picks. Considering we might have the biggest prospect pool in the league (quantity wise), I don’t want more picks or prospects. I’d need an NHl ready quality prospect and the 9 spot, so that rules out the Flames in that scenario.

I’d say just take the one you prefer and roll with it.
The plan would be this

MTL : #5
for
CGY : #9 + #28
------
MTL : #25 + #28
for
Caps `#17
or
NYI: #18

#9 = Helenius/Catton/Iginla
#17/#18 = Greentree/Hage/Sennecke

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
That's what Calgary would say, the downside is huge for them on that.

Yeah, no. Both teams say no. Montreal doesn't get anything tangible and risk dropping from the 5th pick for literally nothing, which would make them look completely foolish.

Lockin17

Jul 31, 2018
You could also threaten Calgary that you're taking Iggy unless they do this:

To Calgary: #5
To Montreal: #9 and Calgary drops the protections on their 1st next year
Rather have the Canucks first pick this year

Shutdown

Sep 7, 2009
Montreal
Barron, maybe up to 16-17th? He is still somewhat young but is losing value by the minute.
Harris, you can add him all you want, you aren't moving up. Guy holds very little value.
Struble, maybe move to 20th.
you're either overestimating Barron or underestimating Harris here - who is 1 year older than Barron, not 5 or 6.

not arguing what either player is worth in a trade-up scenario. just that you're discounting a guy who's an easy 6th-7th defenceman on half the teams in the league.

Nicko999

Jan 23, 2008
Montreal
I mean, we all want the best player possible, but isn't it reassuring that whatever happens, the team is getting a heck of a prospect ?
It's the wrong way to look at it. Our direct competitors (our tanking friends lol) are getting an even better prospect theoretically.
The important thing is drafting well. Did we get a hell of a prospect in 2018 when we drafted KK 3rd overall?

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
It's the wrong way to look at it. Our direct competitors (our tanking friends lol) are getting an even better prospect theoretically.
The important thing is drafting well. Did we get a hell of a prospect in 2018 when we drafted KK 3rd overall?

Yeah, it definitely isn't the wrong way to look at it, considering your next sentence and example from 2018 literally nullifies what you just said previously, as there were star players up to the 12th pick. Team needs to draft well, no shit lmao. Picking 5th should help with that. The direct competition only matters if they're in the same competition window. The teams in the top 4 are looking to stay there for a while.

Reactions: Simarino

Doublechin

Jun 23, 2013
So Crosby, Mckinnon, Bedard, Keller, Jack Hughes etc... are all in the 5,11 just like Catton
This guy is not Undersize like Debrincat or CC

Hughes : 5,11 , 170 pounds , 4 years older
Catton : 5,11 , 165 pounds .
Only one is an elite staying pro center and showed it in his draft year to go first

Reactions: austin316

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Sennecke 1 point away from being the OHL point leader in the playoffs. Only been held pointless once in this postseason. That combined with his 22 points in his last 12 regular season games. He’s finally getting used to his crazy growth spurt. I bet a lot of teams are intrigued.

Schooner Guy

Jun 23, 2006
Sennecke 1 point away from being the OHL point leader in the playoffs. Only been held pointless once in this postseason. That combined with his 22 points in his last 12 regular season games. He’s finally getting used to his crazy growth spurt. I bet a lot of teams are intrigued.
Sennecke was listed 5ft10 when Oshawa picked him less than two years ago. He is now 6ft3.

I thought he looked great in the CHL Prospects game. Can stickhandle in a phone booth.

austin316

Oct 4, 2016
I hope we draft one of the top RD prospects if Lindstrom is gone. No interest in Catton or any of the other forwards (besides Celebrini of course).

Yakemchuk would be amazing

SannywithoutCompy

Dec 22, 2020
Man hockey fans have such a weird size fetish. Catton is an elite player that constantly attacks the middle of the ice and has an extremely high hockey IQ but because he doesn't make the arbitrary cut off of 6'0" he's not gonna take us anywhere in the playoffs. Nevermind Point, Marchand, Kucherov, Kane, Briere, or any of the other great playoff performers who were considered "small".

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad