This would suck

1714137149353.png

• Wow
Reactions: RandomTask26

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Many people seem to think Demidov will be BPA at 2 and Chicago will still be a bottom 3 team next season, so I don't see them feeling any pressure to pick by need this draft.

They should feel some pressure to not build the smallest forward group of all time.

You think CHI will go for position instead of BPA ?

I don't think Demidov is a clear BPA to anyone and if you are looking at Chicago.. their build is heavy on forwards, specifically Bedard, Nazar, Reichel, Moore, Lardis, etc. that if they are going to be picking high, they'd best give Vlasic and Korchinski someone.

It's a highly regarded D draft and they need defense more than they need forwards, especially someone without a lot of size or jam.

Reactions: Lockin17

Lockin17

Jul 31, 2018
They should feel some pressure to not build the smallest forward group of all time.

I don't think Demidov is a clear BPA to anyone and if you are looking at Chicago.. their build is heavy on forwards, specifically Bedard, Nazar, Reichel, Moore, Lardis, etc. that if they are going to be picking high, they'd best give Vlasic and Korchinski someone.

It's a highly regarded D draft and they need defense more than they need forwards, especially someone without a lot of size or jam.
Agreed it make sense for CHI to go after a RHD

Reactions: WeThreeKings

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
It's the most likely outcome imo. If Chi passes on Demidov he goes 3 or 4 anyway. Chi is either demi or levshuno, Ana is the remaining and Jackets are taking a F. Eiserman or Cayden.

That leaves us with Iggy, Helenius, Catton, Buium and the faller of the top 5.

Bummer to miss on Mac and Ivan, but thrilling prospects.

Reactions: Expos94

Lockin17

Jul 31, 2018
It's the most likely outcome imo. If Chi passes on Demidov he goes 3 or 4 anyway. Chi is either demi or levshuno, Ana is the remaining and Jackets are taking a F. Eiserman or Cayden.

That leaves us with Iggy, Helenius, Catton, Buium and the faller of the top 5.

Bummer to miss on Mac and Ivan, but thrilling prospects.
Makes me think of last year top 4 was clear and we ended up with Reinbacher

I would expect whoever is picking at 2 to be targeting Levshunov. Anaheim will be looking at who they like between Dickinson, Buium, Parekh, Yakemchuk and Silayev. Then is CBJ who is a threat to go Lindstrom/Demidov.
I would be happy to get one of these 2, but if their gone , then we are missing out on the best fowards again and end up with a other D since it will be picking the best BPA

MtlSars

Dec 9, 2016
If Canes offer up Svechnikov for Habs 5OA do you make that deal?

Turned 24 past March, 5-years left @ $7.75M
Yes, that's exactly the type of player we need to round out our top 6. The guy you draft you hope becomes half the player Svechnikov already is.

If we don't win the lottery for Macklin or 2nd for Demidov and Carolina wants that pick, it's theirs...

Not the thread for this speculation but we'd be dumb to turn that down

ginomini

May 25, 2014
Highly unlikely they are taking a left shot defenseman, especially one is so close to what Lane Hutson will already be giving us.

I don't really see a fit for anyone on D other than Levshunov and he isn't falling.
I agree, but I just think Buium is the best player there so I would pick him.

Imagine the Avs saying "we don't need Makar because we have Girsrd, so we'll go with Cody Glass instead"
Yeah...what's so bad of having Buium and Hutson? too much talent?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad