HF Habs: 2024 NHL Draft Thread

sampollock

Jun 7, 2008
in my home
Tij Iginla, who stands six feet tall and weighs 186 pounds, has made remarkable progress this season. After a season where he had just 18 points in 48 games in the WHL the year before, he exploded offensively this year, finishing with an impressive total of 56 goals and 43 assists (99 points) in just 75 games.

Additionally, according to many scouts, Tij Iginla's style of play would be perfect to complement the trio of Kirby Dach and Alex Newhook. Even though he doesn't have the imposing size of Cayden Lindstrom, he plays with great intensity and often wins his duels along the boards.

Additionally, his shot is formidable, as evidenced by his 56 goals this season. He is considered one of the most skilled one-on-one attackers of the 2024 crop, and he likes to challenge opposing defenders when he attacks, a quality that few Canadian attackers currently possess.

Although many experts initially saw him being drafted between 10th and 12th in the middle of the season, his value is currently on the rise, similar to what happened with Mason McTavish during the auction of 2021.

Omar

Oct 10, 2017
Tij Iginla, who stands six feet tall and weighs 186 pounds, has made remarkable progress this season. After a season where he had just 18 points in 48 games in the WHL the year before, he exploded offensively this year, finishing with an impressive total of 56 goals and 43 assists (99 points) in just 75 games.

Additionally, according to many scouts, Tij Iginla's style of play would be perfect to complement the trio of Kirby Dach and Alex Newhook. Even though he doesn't have the imposing size of Cayden Lindstrom, he plays with great intensity and often wins his duels along the boards.

Additionally, his shot is formidable, as evidenced by his 56 goals this season. He is considered one of the most skilled one-on-one attackers of the 2024 crop, and he likes to challenge opposing defenders when he attacks, a quality that few Canadian attackers currently possess.

Although many experts initially saw him being drafted between 10th and 12th in the middle of the season, his value is currently on the rise, similar to what happened with Mason McTavish during the auction of 2021.
Unless we draft 7th I’m not drafting any reachers. We’ve been burned too many times

Playmaker09

Sep 11, 2008
Unless we draft 7th I’m not drafting any reachers. We’ve been burned too many times
Tij Isn't really a reach, he's a riser.

He probably doesn't deserve to be a top 8 pick based on his level of play alone, but if you take into account the steep development curve and late birthday, I don't have an issue with Hughes walking up to the podium and saying this is their guy, and they have a plan for him.

Ryan Johansen, Mark Scheifele, Bo Horvat, Moritz Seider were all huge risers late into the season who panned out great.

Spearmint Rhino

Sep 17, 2013
Tij Isn't really a reach, he's a riser.

He probably doesn't deserve to be a top 8 pick based on his level of play alone, but if you take into account the steep development curve and late birthday, I don't have an issue with Hughes walking up to the podium and saying this is their guy, and they have a plan for him.

Ryan Johansen, Mark Scheifele, Bo Horvat, Moritz Seider were all huge risers late into the season who panned out great.
Ryan Johansen :huh:

Reactions: Anardil

Nevins

Jul 12, 2014
Today in the game against Sweden , besides Gavin McKenna who is fabulous, I really liked Cole Beaudoin and Jeff Luchanko on the Canadian side .Alexander Zetterberg + Alfons Freij on the Sweden side were good. I did not notice iginla. The Defenseman Henry News is good offensively but worried me on the defensive side

Spearmint Rhino

Sep 17, 2013
RyJo was an excellent pick?

edit: 900 NHL games and a bunch of those spent as a legit top 6 forward, what do you expect from our pick if you think RyJo was a bad pick ?
Yeah just looked at his draft year and in that context it wasnt a bad pick. Overall he’s been an inconsistent player and pretty much out of the league now but he did had a few good years.

Reactions: ginomini

Habs7631

Feb 28, 2017
Nope, some may play 10 games and go back to the CHL. Europeans are all going to stay in Europe, and Russians are just staying in Russia.
Oh hell no I ain’t got time to wait a couple of years for these kids. Let’s win the lottery and get Celebrini then.

vokiel

#MolsonIsntWine
Jan 31, 2007
Montréal
Oh hell no I ain’t got time to wait a couple years for these kids. Let’s win the lottery and get Celebrini then.
Teams do not typically shore up current needs at the draft. It's rare that a prospect jumps right away. So that's why it's usually limited to the 1st OA and maybe 1 or 2 others behind them.

Thinking about it: Maybe Dickinson and Levshunov could do the jump. Levshunov is in the NCAA though, prospects typically do 2 seasons before jumping pro.

Habs7631

Feb 28, 2017
Teams do not typically shore up current needs at the draft. It's rare that a prospect jumps right away. So that's why it's usually limited to the 1st OA and maybe 1 or 2 others behind them.

Thinking about it: Maybe Dickinson and Levshunov could do the jump. Levshunov is in the NCAA though, prospects typically do 2 seasons before jumping pro.

Yeah I know I was just kidding, just feel like we have a bunch of solid pieces in the main team and they could make some noise with some help.

Either way I want another pick in the top 15 in this draft so bad.

Anybody feel like this would be an overpay to move up and gets a second 1st in the 10~15 range?

1. WPG 2024 1st round pick
  2. CAL/FLA 2025 1st round pick
  3. One of Mesar/Engstrom/Beck/any prospect (not Reinbacher or Mailloux)
  4. A 2nd round pick (any year)

Reactions: vokiel

Doublechin

Jun 23, 2013
Yeah I know I was just kidding, just feel like we have a bunch of solid pieces in the main team and they could make some noise with some help.

Either way I want another pick in the top 15 in this draft so bad.

Anybody feel like this would be an overpay to move up and gets a second 1st in the 10~15 range?

1. WPG 2024 1st round pick
  2. CAL/FLA 2025 1st round pick
  3. One of Mesar/Engstrom/Beck/any prospect (not Reinbacher or Mailloux)
  4. A 2nd round pick (any year)
Huge overpay

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
I don't know why, but the only player that doesn't make we worried outside Celebrini is Iginla. He would just fit this team like a glove.
That's interesting, considering I'd take Helenius/Lindstrom/Catton/Demidov over him. I have a hard time seeing him be more than a 2nd liner, and a 2nd liner with the 5th OA is pretty mediocre.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad