HF Habs: 2024 NHL Draft Thread

DrBizz4r3

Oct 5, 2020
With the teams with the best odds to finish second (CHI/SJ) needing top d prospects, do you think there is a possibility of a trade 2 vs 5th ++. They may bet that their prospect will still be there and adding valuable pieces and i think that we are in for quantity for quality. Demidov would be a dream but a small russian winger could make a gm prefer the safe d option. I it almost never happens, but i find it interesting that Hugues say trade up or down if they think that the Bpa at their rank is not a forward

Rozz

Jun 23, 2012
Niagara Falls, Ont.
Drafting odds

58.2% chance of drafting 6th or 7th

WdqCxe6.png

and 41.8% chace 1,2,3,5... great odd we get someone awesome!!! :D

Rozz

Jun 23, 2012
Niagara Falls, Ont.
We don't talk enough about Levshunov on this board.
I have not looked at the dman much as I just want the hight offensive potential this draft... swing for the fences!

that said.. what's your take on him and why should we want him? I'm open to being swayed :)

Last edited:

KevSkillz4

Apr 11, 2016
So far I'm very happy with the picks Habs scouts made in 2022 and 2023 draft, so I have big faith on scouts to draft the best player possible for Habs team.

Drafting a player like Slaf who have all tools to become one of the best wingers in NHL and Reinbacher potential to become a two-way beast and become the best partner possible for a player like Lane Hutson, that's a huge win for the rebuild.

Go Habs Go, no matter the pick, I have big faith with Habs management!!

Benstheman

Nov 20, 2014
So far I'm very happy with the picks Habs scouts made in 2022 and 2023 draft, so I have big faith on scouts to draft the best player possible for Habs team.

Drafting a player like Slaf who have all tools to become one of the best wingers in NHL and Reinbacher potential to become a two-way beast and become the best partner possible for a player like Lane Hutson, that's a huge win for the rebuild.

Go Habs Go, no matter the pick, I have big faith with Habs management!!
So Helenius it is.

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003
It's mind boggling how the value of elite hockey IQ often gets dismissed here. In a modern hockey world where almost all top 6 NHL forwards skate and have strong puck skills, hockey IQ is the trait that most often differentiates them.

It is the one and only trait that all elite players have in common.

Reactions: Schooner Guy

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
Hmmm. I don't trust Marinaro on habs stuff, but the media guys are usually right when they say they wont pick a certain guy.
You don't even need to be an insider to know Eiserman isn't the guy for this Habs management at 5th oa. Just their drafting habits point at it: they focused on players with excellent development curve in their draft year, Eiserman main negative has been his lack of development this season.

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
You don't even need to be an insider to know Eiserman isn't the guy for this Habs management at 5th oa. Just their drafting habits point at it: they focused on players with excellent development curve in their draft year, Eiserman main negative has been his lack of development this season.

Meh, the only people I hear talking about Eiserman's bad season is twitter nerds.

Still ranked highly by NHL scouts.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
I have not looked at the dman much as I just want the hight offensive potential this draft... swing for the fences!

that said.. what's your take on him and why should we want him? I'm open to being swayed :)
He's a massive physical package. He's seriously big, like heavy. He reminds me a lot of Sergachev, big shot, good skater, physical, pushes the pace and he's sometimes lacking in his D coverage but overall D isn't a weakness. His potential is very similar to what Sergachev had pre-draft.

Reactions: Rozz

HabsMD97

Jun 30, 2014
king's landing
I was looking at a few team's drafting history and turns out chicago didnt draft a single defenceman in the first 6 rounds last year. They 100% looked at this draft last year and decided they were just gonna draft D this year instead.

Reactions: Favster

FrankMTL

Jan 6, 2005
I know i'm late to the party regarding this, so not only is Lindstrom missing the U18's, now Catton is missing them as well? Well, that puts a major damper on that tournament. Was really looking forward to watching Catton on Team Canada.

• Wow
Reactions: atrud66 and vokiel

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad