Votes: 11 3.5%
  • Beckett Sennecke

Votes: 54 17.0%
  • Zayne Parekh

Votes: 17 5.4%

• Total voters

Benstheman

Nov 20, 2014
I would take Miettinen with Winnipeg's pick if we still have it. He's ranked to go 33-50. Early 2nd.

He's a big guy who can skate & has skills. He played last year in Finland's U20, but decided to come to Canada to play for Everett this year.

It was his first year, and he got off to a slow start, but then picked it up in 2nd half. He finished with 67 pts in 66 gp, and was well above ppg in 2nd half.

I would not be surprised if he goes before #25.
This. Love him too. Probably an ideal 3rd line center with upside. Love his play around and in front of the net.

Though there are lots of possible good picks at 27.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

vokiel

#MolsonIsntWine
Jan 31, 2007
Montréal
I think Surin and Freij will be available around 27. I'd make the selection, trade the other picks we have after it, if we must. Trading up is going to be expensive, and not worth it. Like getting Tinordi once more.

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
What about the nightmare scenario (highly unlikely)

1- MC
2-DEMI
3-lindstrom
4- Iggy Jr

Would you guys go next available forward? Catton , helenius, eiserman, sennenke etc or go top rated dman? I would personally go with zee buium think he's going go be a stud ,position wise sucks but we can always trade Matheson next year or apparently he plays both sides well or trade down to the 8-9 because in this scenario I'm sure their will be a run on dman and we can still get those forwards at 8-9
That would be a great scenario ! Getting Levshunov would be great and our top 4 would be one of the best in the league

Doublechin

Jun 23, 2013
I think Surin and Freij will be available around 27. I'd make the selection, trade the other picks we have after it, if we must. Trading up is going to be expensive, and not worth it. Like getting Tinordi once more.
I'm starting to get on the Surin train, live his game and physicality. If scouts think he can be a middle of the lineup contributor than he's great value in the 20s.

Guy is as physical as it gets

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Catton is more than likely on the same no draft list that Benson was last year. There's a limited amount of undersized players that you can add to your core and they already have 3 (assuming Hutson makes the cut) which is a lot and they know that. So unless the guy is on his own tier like Demidov, they aren't picking the smaller guys like Catton and Benson.

Reactions: Runner77

Leto

Feb 16, 2023
It does make a lot of sense. I don't see NJD taking Catton. But, top 9 is what I think might happen too.

I think NJD need a guy with size, motor and grit. They already have enough small-medium sized guys (J.Hughes, Bratt, Holtz, Mercer,etc). I think a guy like MBN fits that need.

I can also see them trading the pick in a package to address their goaltending situation.​

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
It does make a lot of sense. I don't see NJD taking Catton. But, top 9 is what I think might happen too.
Tom Fitzgerald leaves a door open to trading the Devils’ pick but we’ve heard stuff like this before:

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
I think NJD need a guy with size, motor and grit. They already have enough small-medium sized guys (J.Hughes, Bratt, Holtz, Mercer,etc). I think a guy like MBN fits that need.

I can also see them trading the pick in a package to address their goaltending situation.​

Yeah, MBN just makes too much sense. A big, fast shooter would be a perfect fit on that team.

Reactions: TheBuriedHab

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal
Catton is more than likely on the same no draft list that Benson was last year. There's a limited amount of undersized players that you can add to your core and they already have 3 (assuming Hutson makes the cut) which is a lot and they know that. So unless the guy is on his own tier like Demidov, they aren't picking the smaller guys like Catton and Benson.
He's 5'11". I guess you consider Suzy undersized.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
The poster doesn’t appear to be discounting smaller players but making an argument about optimizing asset mix which is not unreasonable.

The Last Red

Jan 2, 2022
I don't understand how some people say Lindstrom's skating isn't great. His technique is a bit odd (stands too upright) but to me it sounds a lot like what people were saying about Leo Carlsson last summer, the concerns are unfounded. If he's available at 5 I hope Hughes runs to the stage to pick him.
No doubt. If Demidov is gone by 5, then Lindstrom or Iginla, in that order.

Reactions: Favster

vokiel

#MolsonIsntWine
Jan 31, 2007
Montréal
It's the weight figures taken from the beginning of the season which worries folks, and then they look at his shift by shift vids, and he does look like a small player playing smaller than others. He is a shifty and creative player on the ice. I doubt he ever picks up enough muscle to become a more physical and aggressive kind of forward. Like Johnny Hockey essentially.

SlafySZN

May 21, 2022
Surin will be taken before our 2nd pick, sadly.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad