• Beckett Sennecke

Votes: 56 15.8%
  • Zayne Parekh

Votes: 20 5.6%

• Total voters

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
This has nothing to do with an anti-resilient culture. This isn't a coach being a bit too hard on players and being cancelled or people piling on Caufield writing Homophobic Slur. It's a pattern of sociopathic behaviors over a long period that scream red flags. People are saying they hope the Canadiens steer clear, not that this guy can't live a productive life. You're taking a strange angle here and writing up long posts repeating the same things ad nauseum. Problematic adults were problematic youths. It's okay to discuss it and it's okay if people want to steer clear with all the noise around him.
Yeah I can't tolerate all the things he's done. The Swastika thing was dumb but that alone is not the reason why he should be a DND. At least with Mailloux it was an isolated incident, there's a clear pattern with this kid.

themilosh

Sponsor
Apr 27, 2015
Oakville, ON
any chance the Habs pull another Mailloux with WPG 1st?
1713131044934.png

Draft

Jan 23, 2013
I would challenge Marco heavily on Lindstrom going top 5 - if he came back healthy and played the U18s, sure, but for now all we have is a small sample size and then some injuries.

It's possible he still does and personally if his medicals are good, then I would pull it at top 5 as well... but for teams that may have a bit more of an open book on what they're looking for, that might push him down out of the top 5.

Also, Iginla has 0 pts in 2 games against Prince George, the same team that an injured Catton had trouble producing against. Do we sound the bells about the concerns of Iginla being an unreliable playoff producer?
It only takes one team to like him, but I think you're right that he slides. The way this injury has been handled may turn some teams off and the viewings just aren't there. My guess is that most head scouts and team executives weren't hanging around Lethbridge this winter to see him live and he's had very little exposure through big tournaments. While I recall there being some positivity and attention around his play last season, he just started playing C this year and 32gp to evaluate that transition likely isn't enough if you want to be sure he's playing in the middle in the NHL. If he'd come back healthy to end the year, then this would be an entirely different story. Prime candidate for a slide when you've got guys showing great things through the end of the year.

Something that I haven't seen mentioned much around Iginla is the impact of playing with a guy like Cristall through the last half of the year. While his NHL upside remains pretty murky, Cristall is one of the best playmakers in all of junior hockey and plays a not unsubstantial role in both Kelowna's and Iginla's success. Iginla's numbers improved once the two started playing together at even strength and not just the PP. This move to the top line may play a part in the perception/narrative around his 'enormous' growth through the year. Gojsic (would consider drafting), Szturc, and Price are nothing to sniff at either. Not saying that it's the only factor, but it should be considered when we're comparing top-10 picks. Catton had none of that support through the year and still consistently produced.

themilosh

Sponsor
Apr 27, 2015
Oakville, ON
Too many prospects in same position Puts team on the spot to make necessary trades though. Other teams know it and hard to get decent return.
you only really need 2 or 3 teams who need your prospect to find value... RHD is a valuable commodity rn, and probably for the next 3-4 years... If we draft another RHD this draft it will not hurt us in the least.

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
That's a mystery for me as well. I have Levshunov lower, by a couple of ranks.

Maybe it's just because Levshunov is RD, rarer, and Buium is LD.

That's my best guess as well. But Buium is seriously being slept on. The closest thing to Makar I've seen.

Lane Hutson gets so much hype, but Buium looks like Hutson with NHL size and actual good skating.

My goodness, WTF guys. We have such a tremendous class of Ds and we are hypnotized by the Iginlas and Cattons...

If not Eiserman, get me Buium or Parekh. We'll figure out the rest later.

Draft

Jan 23, 2013
I've just watched Zeev Buium highlights for the first time. Why is Levshunov ranked higher?
Tools, frame, physicality, handedness. He's got the potential to be the minute munching, all-situations RD that teams covet. PP, PK, 3v3, EV, last minute, any matchup type of guy. While I think he's currently leaning more Sergachev than Hedman, the tools and potential are absolutely there to be dominant in multiple facets of the game.

Buium is a different brand defenceman that teams simply don't value as highly.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
I've just watched Zeev Buium highlights for the first time. Why is Levshunov ranked higher?

That's a mystery for me as well. I have Levshunov lower, by a couple of ranks.

Maybe it's just because Levshunov is RD, rarer, and Buium is LD.

My guess is RHD, bigger and plays a more complete game.

Again, just a guess, but come draft day Buium could easily got before.

Lockin17

Jul 31, 2018
Draft Buium, Dickinson or Parekh at #5
Then trade a LHD if you draft Buium or Dickinson (Matheson) or RHD if you Draft Parekh (Mailloux or Barron) + WPG first and get like either Greentree or Helenius

This would be a great draft

Reactions: BeliveauFan4ever

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
It’s something @Lafleurs Guy posted in this thread a couple of pages earlier, looked for it a little but couldn’t find the post. Don’t remember the original source neither.
Yeah, I can’t seem to find the article or where I posted it. Might not have been in this thread. I don’t think it was the Atheltic that I posted.

Here’s a quote from the Athletic article. I don’t think it’s the one we’ve been referring to but it’s in the same vein:

“I think I have a pretty well-rounded game, it just gets overlooked because of how much I score. It’s almost one of those things where the scoring rates work against you,” Eiserman said. “Obviously the No. 1 thing I do is score, but I think I pass the puck very well and that’s a big part of my game. And my 200-foot game from last year has gotten really good. My coaches are saying that it’s definitely not a problem anymore and it’s perfect.”

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
Roll the dice on Dean Letourneau with the Jets pick and hope he pans out, could be a Giant Unicorn
He's got a brother that's going to a division 1 team, too that the Habs can get with a 7th.

Maybe I never remember what the cut off is as he just turned 20 at the start of March

CheldishGamibno

Turtles & Refrigerators
Aug 19, 2006
Mute City
That's my best guess as well. But Buium is seriously being slept on. The closest thing to Makar I've seen.

Lane Hutson gets so much hype, but Buium looks like Hutson with NHL size and actual good skating.

My goodness, WTF guys. We have such a tremendous class of Ds and we are hypnotized by the Iginlas and Cattons...

Since last week I've watched way more of Buium. My pick at 5-6-7 might be him before Lindstrom and Iginla. I would be thrilled with those 2 don't get me wrong but Buium would automatically become our best young D, if Hutson pans out as he is supposed to be, can you imagine that D? lol. Then trade WPG's 1st and a 2nd for a Newhook type trade if possible.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015

Yeah Buium is a beauty and in my opinion has the best chance of becoming a top 10 dman in the league out of all these guys. He has that "it" factor.

Saxon

Mar 9, 2015

Imagine a Buium / Reinbacher top pairing :naughty:

Kobe Armstrong

Jul 26, 2011
McCagg has a thing for Sennecke in the top-10 which probably means that he has a pretty good intel he goes top-15 as a late riser. Kind of like how he hyped Ostlund and But knowing they would go high

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016
McCagg has a thing for Sennecke in the top-10 which probably means that he has a pretty good intel he goes top-15 as a late riser. Kind of like how he hyped Ostlund and But knowing they would go high
I think he had Ostlund ranked 2nd OV, he went 16th OV. Sennecke might go top 15, but I highly doubt Habs will considere him with their pick. Im higher on Hemming and MBN personally

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

SlafySZN

May 21, 2022

I understand why, size, speed, developing at a fast pace during the year.

Reactions: bopeep

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad