NHL Entry Draft 2024 NHL Draft Talk

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Players the Sens could look at at the end of the 1st , early 2nd... named to Team Canada 2024 IIHF U18 team (April 25 - May 5) in Finland

RDs
Harrison Brunicke
Henry Mews
Spencer Gill
Charlie Elick

Forwards of interest in that range possibly
Cole Beaudoin
Maxime Masse
Ryder Ritchie

No Tij Iginla on the roster atm.

HoweHullOrr

Oct 3, 2013
Staios was pretty clear that at the top of the draft, they intend to go BPA and not let position sway them, there will arguably be a couple RD that could be BPA when they pick, so Idk if that changes anything, but if Staios is being honest, and they really like Iginla ahead of everyone else, I could see them take him.

Besides, any RHD we select this summer won't be ready for at least 2 or 3 years.
Wasn’t Korchinski, a 7th overall (Ottawa traded the pick to Chicago) in the Hawks lineup a year after his draft? He played just one year with the Seattle Thunderbirds after his draft, no?

Last edited:

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Henry Mews better not be the pick.
I see alot of people rip on him but game 3 against oshawa he was the best player on the ice. He is a very talented smooth player with incredible vision. He must play really soft because otherwise there is alot to like.

Staios was pretty clear that at the top of the draft, they intend to go BPA and not let position sway them, there will arguably be a couple RD that could be BPA when they pick, so Idk if that changes anything, but if Staios is being honest, and they really like Iginla ahead of everyone else, I could see them take him.

Besides, any RHD we select this summer won't be ready for at least 2 or 3 years.
When the player is ready should have absolutely nothing to do with the decision. RHD is still the most valuable position so that should be taken into account. 2 years for this group really isnt a long time, they arent knocking on the door.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
I see alot of people rip on him but game 3 against oshawa he was the best player on the ice. He is a very talented smooth player with incredible vision. He must play really soft because otherwise there is alot to like.

When the player is ready should have absolutely nothing to do with the decision. RHD is still the most valuable position so that should be taken into account. 2 years for this group really isnt a long time, they arent knocking on the door.
I think both kevshunov and parekh are gone.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
I think we're on the same page here: My point about when a player is ready related more to current needs not necessarily aligning with our needs when a prospect is ready.

I do think position factors into BPA, for example two equal caliber D, one RH and one LD, the RHD is the BPA between them. But, if your list has a LHD ahead of a RHD all factors considered, Staois is saying he'll take the LHD at 7 regardless of our current need for a RHD, sort of like how we took Sanderson over Drysdale despite really needing a RHD.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
I think we're on the same page here: My point about when a player is ready related more to current needs not necessarily aligning with our needs when a prospect is ready.

I do think position factors into BPA, for example two equal caliber D, one RH and one LD, the RHD is the BPA between them. But, if your list has a LHD ahead of a RHD all factors considered, Staois is saying he'll take the LHD at 7 regardless of our current need for a RHD, sort of like how we took Sanderson over Drysdale despite really needing a RHD.
As he should.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Not the who's who of Draft rankings... but the different rankings is something we could very likely have through NHL scouts

Here’s how the defenders land, in order, in recent draft rankings from FC Hockey, Daily Faceoff, The Athletic’s Scott Wheeler and Corey Pronman, and McKeen’s. We’ve also included our aggregated consensus list.
ConsensusFC HockeyDaily FaceoffWheelerPronmanMcKeen’s
LevshunovSilayevLevshunovLevshunovLevshunovDickinson
SilayevDickinsonDickinsonParekhYakemchukSilayev
DickinsonBuiumSilayevDickinsonBuiumLevshunov
ParekhLevshunovParekhBuiumSilayevParekh
BuiumParekhBuiumSilayevParekhYakemchuk
YakemchukYakemchukYakemchukYakemchukDickinsonBuium
Y’know when we say that reasonable people can disagree? Well, a lot of very well-informed people disagree over what order these six blueliners should fall on their various rankings, and relying on a “best player available” strategy probably depends on what specific attributes your club values most highly in a defender.

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
I find Mews has kind of stalled and doesn’t have a lot of jam but I’d be fine taking him with Boston’s pick. 2 years ago he looked like a potential top 5 pick, last year he looked like a top 15 pick now he is late first. The reason is a lack of progression. I hate Cameron as a coach, makes players worse.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
IIHF U18 Worlds Today...
Finland Latvia 11am;
Canada Sweden 12pm
USA Slovakia on now in the 3rd

----------------------------------------
OHL
Saginaw London starts tomorrow 7pm ... should be a heck of a series. Hopefully Parekh is healthy he missed a couple games vs the Soo including g7

Last edited:

PierresGabriels

Jan 13, 2010
Orleans
While my preference would be to get lucky and walk away with a Celebrini, Levshunov, or Buium; I am really warming up to the idea of Yakemchuk and wouldn't be disappointed if we landed him.

Right shot D who are rangy, nasty, and skilled are so rare in this league. Having one that pays off would be amazing down the road in the playoffs.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
While my preference would be to get lucky and walk away with a Celebrini, Levshunov, or Buium; I am really warming up to the idea of Yakemchuk and wouldn't be disappointed if we landed him.

Right shot D who are rangy, nasty, and skilled are so rare in this league. Having one that pays off would be amazing down the road in the playoffs.
Buium may drop. Those other two likely not

Bileur

Jun 15, 2004
Ottawa
If the sens win the lottery and Chicago offers 3+20 (TB’s pick) for 1 do you pick Celebrini or take the deal?

Adele Dazeem

Oct 20, 2015
On an island
If the sens win the lottery and Chicago offers 3+20 (TB’s pick) for 1 do you pick Celebrini or take the deal?

Celebrini all day.

In 2011 we traded picks 35 and 48 for pick 24

In 2018 we traded pick 22 for picks 26 and 48

So likely somewhere in the 20-23 range depending on the year and teams we are dealing with

If Bob McKenzie's list is the most accurate and Tij falls around the 16-20 region, could be something to look into.

In 2011 we traded picks 35 and 48 for pick 24

In 2018 we traded pick 22 for picks 26 and 48

So likely somewhere in the 20-23 range depending on the year and teams we are dealing with

If Bob McKenzie's list is the most accurate and Tij falls around the 16-20 region, could be something to look into.

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
Celebrini all day.

Bob will release one more list before the draft atIginla will be higher

Reactions: Sensators

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
How high could we go if we package #26 and #39
NHL is weird. Probably not high that second is worth less at the draft. At the deadline it’s hot commodity.

What are you doing with 20th overall. Historically nothing

Lightning were just not smart there with the goalies out

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad