NHL Entry Draft 2024 NHL Draft Talk

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
If draft order stays as is. I think it’s gonna be
Celebrini levshunov silayev parekh lindstrom buium and then us. And I think we go iginla

Wallet Inspector

Jan 19, 2013
My personal top 15 that probably isn't very well-informed and will likely change after a week:

1.Celebrini
2.Demidov
3.Levshunov
4.Catton
5.Parekh
6.Buium
7.Lindstrom
8.Iginla
9.Silayev
10.Helenius
11.Dickinson
12.Yakemchuk
13.Eiserman
14.Connelly
15.Greentree

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
hmmm no Germans in the top 100 this year.
Honestly they’re not going to be a common main stay at the top of nhl drafts unless stutzle and seider reache true super star status. Their best athletes are still going to play soccer.

Wallet Inspector

Jan 19, 2013
Since we have four 4th rounders this year, we should use at least one to take a shot at a player that has a small chance of making the NHL, yet has a high ceiling.

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
Since we have four 4th rounders this year, we should use at least one to take a shot at a player that has a small chance of making the NHL, yet has a high ceiling.
Perhaps we should use all 4 of those picks to do that. 4th rounders rarely amount to much as NHL players.

Typically the Sens’ pick drops after the lottery, not rises.
The probability of picking at our allocated spot is higher than it being demoted, however, I am expecting to draft at #7 but hoping for 1st or 2nd overall.

Butchy Dakkar

Dark Butch Yak didn't seem right.
Oct 3, 2020
To maximize where our second first round pick lands in the draft order, my understanding is we should be cheering for the highlighted teams to not make the conference finals.

They are:

1. Boston - can’t make the conference final or the rest of this post is moot.

2. The four division winners, as they will automatically be slotted for a worse pick than us (them not making it to the conference finals leaves room for other teams)

3. Teams that were not division winners but had a higher regular season point total than Boston. They will pick lower than our Boston pick anyway, so having them knocked out in round one or two leaves leaves space for worse regular season teams than Boston.

Of course, we also want Toronto knocked out, but that has nothing to do with where we will pick, so not highlighted.

In a perfect scenario, if all of the highlighted teams get knocked out in first two rounds, they will have a worse pick than us (minus Boston as that is our pick). Combined with four non-highlighted teams that can make the conference finals, in theory I think our pick can be as nice as 22. That won’t likely happen, but there is something to cheer for here.

Correct me if I’m wrong.

All of this possible at all with us beating Boston in the final regular season game.

IMG_2235.jpeg

Ref: NHL entry draft - Wikipedia

Reactions: DrEasy

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
FYI, Staios really likes Iginla.

Team is likely going RD all things considered equal, but definitely a dark horse, especially if we drafted later than 7.
Staios was pretty clear that at the top of the draft, they intend to go BPA and not let position sway them, there will arguably be a couple RD that could be BPA when they pick, so Idk if that changes anything, but if Staios is being honest, and they really like Iginla ahead of everyone else, I could see them take him.

Besides, any RHD we select this summer won't be ready for at least 2 or 3 years.

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
We like risers, sharp development curves, bloodlines and tools, so no surprise Tij would be high on our list.

Don't know if he makes it past the Habs at 5th overall though. They apparently like him quite a bit as well.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad