NHL Entry Draft 2024 NHL Draft Talk

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Wild guess, any of Helenius, Yakemchuk, Sennecke, Connolly, Brandsegg-Nygard could be there as well. Eiserman is liked in the scouting community more so than here, could see him in the 5-10 range on Mac's list as well, though I'm high on him.

1. Celebrini
2. Saliyev
3. Levshunov
4. Lindstrom
5. Demidov
6. Dickinson
7. Buium
8. Parekh
9. Catton
10. Iginla

11-15 guess would be Yakemchuk, Sennecke, Helenius, Eiserman and Connolly. Connolly could be replaced by Greentree or Brandsegg-Nygard

Last edited:

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
They couldnt generate anything against Toronto you think they will against Florida?... Florida also gets to the middle of the ice and the net this wont be the Toronto perimeter maple leafs coming at them. Boston is going to have to find a completely different gear if they want to be in this series.

Im not saying the Bruins won’t get outplayed for chunks of the series, but Swayman will keep them it. if the Bs PP can connect early on the series they could get it to 6-7 games and Swayman just does his thing and they win. Floridas had some key playoff inquires and Paul Maurice teams just bother me even though I recognize he’s a good coach, I think he’ll get out coached by Monty

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Bob says the top 10 has 5 forwards 5 defensemen ; Top 15 9 Forwards 6 Defensemen

Bondra I would guess is pretty close on the mix in the top 10 ; Celebrini, Demidov, LIndstrom, Catton and then who? could be one of a few
. Yakemchuk is my guess to be outside the top 10. Buium could sneak up a spot or two.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast

1. Celebrini
2. Demidov
3. Saliyev
4. Levshunov
5. Lindstrom
6. Dickinson
7. Parekh
8. Buium
9. Helenius
10. Iginla
11. Catton
12. Yakemchuk
13. Eiserman
14. Sennecke
15. Connolly

Will likely be more movement before the draft, Sennecke likely keeps climbing and some movement from the combine.

Yakemchuk sits 12th, had 2 votes in the top 5 and 8 outside the top 10

Eiserman sits 13th, had 3 votes in the top 10 and 7 outside the top 10

Sennecke sits 14th, had 1 top 5 vote and 2 top 10 votes, 7 outside the top 10

Helenius and Parekh each got a top 3 vote

Going to be 30 different lists. Won't be any trading down I wouldnt't think

Biggest movers were:
Eiserman down 9
Sennecke up 6
Iginla up 6
Buium up 5
Demidov up 4
Connolly down 4

Last edited:

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018
Wild guess, any of Helenius, Yakemchuk, Sennecke, Connolly, Brandsegg-Nygard could be there as well. Eiserman is liked in the scouting community more so than here, could see him in the 5-10 range on Mac's list as well, though I'm high on him.

1. Celebrini
2. Saliyev
3. Levshunov
4. Lindstrom
5. Demidov
6. Dickinson
7. Buium
8. Parekh
9. Catton
10. Iginla

11-15 guess would be Yakemchuk, Sennecke, Helenius, Eiserman and Connolly. Connolly could be replaced by Greentree or Brandsegg-Nygard
Could you speak a bit more to this?

Senator Stanley

Dec 11, 2003
Visit site
Seems like a consensus top 6 grouping of Celebrini, Demidov, Silayev, Levshunov, Lindstrom and Dickinson, but with several outliers that some teams have cracking that grouping - Parekh, Yakemchuk, Buium, Helenius, and now Sennecke.

If the Sens hold at 7, maybe they get lucky and a player that's in their top 2-4 gets to them. Once again we're seeing why winning/losing a couple extra games makes a massive difference. A team slotted fifth has a realistic shot at the number 2 player on their board this year. A team slotted seventh could easily see the top six on their list go before them.

Last edited:
Reactions: DJB and DrEasy

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018
Likely speaking more to myself, my mistake on the generalization, I have no clue why he was always ranked so high, midseason he even recieved 2nd overall votes. He looks more like a 15th+ guy to me, but always is (was) in scouts top 10 lists
Cheers. I dont get it either, he seems to me like a guy who fans typically overrate compared to scouts. Kinda like Holtz, Caufield, or Debrincat... but all those guys seem more well-rounded and to have more fallback qualities

Rodzilla

Aug 31, 2010
Canada
Seems like a consensus top 6 grouping of Celebrini, Demidov, Silayev, Levshunov, Lindstrom and Dickinson, but with several outliers that some teams have cracking that grouping - Parekh, Yakemchuk, Buium, Helenius, and now Sennecke.

If the Sens hold at 7, maybe they get lucky and a player that's in their top 2-4 gets to them. Once again we're seeing why winning/losing a couple extra games makes a massive difference.
But hey, this winning will matter in the future, winning mentality (year 7)

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
As I said a few days ago ...there will be a lot of different draft lists this year... just what's your cup of tea.

The lack of clear consensus beyond Celebrini — from No. 2 through to No. 10 and beyond — would be unprecedented. I’ve been doing draft rankings like this one for more than 35 years, and I don’t recall a year where the Top 10 is such a hodgepodge of opinion.

Silayev still ranked very high by NHL teams

Levshunov, Dickinson, Parekh and Buium almost back to back can go in any order

Pretty nice top 15 list.

Sensators

Sep 15, 2009
Sennecke is going top 10. Too much upside. Big, physical, grown 3 inches this year, ELITE Hands and vision, can do it all. Idk how this guy had so few points during regular ssn? Anybody watch him alot? Big fan.

DJB

Jan 6, 2009
twitter.com
Again I’ll continue to say that because outside of Celebrini there lacks a consensus in the next 5-7 guys tells me scouts are all over the map on this class due to it being weak.

I’m not a fan of the class.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Again I’ll continue to say that because outside of Celebrini there lacks a consensus in the next 5-7 guys tells me scouts are all over the map on this class due to it being weak.

I’m not a fan of the class.
where would they be if the next 5-7 are all really good and yet offer something different from each other.... All over the place .. it does not mean its weak

Senscore

Let's keep it cold
Nov 19, 2012
It'll be the Devils because that's what the NHL is about now.

Creating more bullshit sideshow rules instead of actually letting bad teams get good players.

I like the limitations on top picks within a certain time frame but the lottery bullshit has to go

Dan Patrick

Mar 11, 2020
It'll be the Devils because that's what the NHL is about now.

Creating more bullshit sideshow rules instead of actually letting bad teams get good players.

I like the limitations on top picks within a certain time frame but the lottery bullshit has to go

NHL unfortunately sees itself as being much closer to the NBA than the NFL even though the NBA has significantly higher single player impact on the team. One star in the NBA can be in the game for 70+% of the time and have a way greater impact on their team which obviously isn’t the case for the NHL. We really should just have zero draft lottery. Dissuading tanking simply isn’t enough of a reason to punish bad teams so heavily.

Masked

(Super/star)
Apr 16, 2017
Parts unknown
NHL unfortunately sees itself as being much closer to the NBA than the NFL even though the NBA has significantly higher single player impact on the team. One star in the NBA can be in the game for 70+% of the time and have a way greater impact on their team which obviously isn’t the case for the NHL. We really should just have zero draft lottery. Dissuading tanking simply isn’t enough of a reason to punish bad teams so heavily.

I really like the idea of ranking the draft for non-playoff teams by the amount of points after they've been eliminated from the playoffs. Cheering against your team when you're hoping for a better draft position has always felt wrong to me and this fixes that problem.

Reactions: OD99 and DrEasy

Joeyjoejoe

Dec 18, 2015
Ran it twice.

2 out of 3 Sens ended up with the 2nd overall. The other time we dropped a spot :(

Relapsing

Jul 3, 2018
1000000571.png

Boom.

Only took seven tries.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad