2024 NHL Draft: Play Like a Sieve So We Can Draft Zeev

coooldude

Jul 25, 2007
Greentree is super skilled but has heavy feet, though I think I like him more than Matthew Wood last season. Sennecke is a big question mark but has a lot of upside. MBN has everything you want but maybe doesn’t have the scoring upside of the rest, and he might be a little small relative to the style of game he wants to play (sort of like Ryan Leonard keeps getting physically destroyed in the NCAA).

Gun to my head, I might take Greentree. But Eiserman is probably the BPA, so if we take him with your tier of 13 off the board (though I don’t agree with Jiricek in that tier, it’s not unreasonable), then I’d probably be okay with it.
Funnily enough, I also had the MBN = Leonard parallel, or even Iginla. Power forward winger, skilled but hard-nosed with scoring, but a bit undersized to really play that game, all of them.

Greentree -- I was super intrigued but the heavy feet scare the hell out of me. It isn't like Yakemchuk where it looks like he has a lot more mobility and speed with a few years of technique and mobility training... I worry Greentree's just not explosive in his big muscles, just not enough fast twitch. Jason Robertson isn't fast but he's way more mobile than Greentree looks.

That's why I've gotten more interested in Sennecke or Chernyshov at 14.

Reactions: Sandisfan

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
Funnily enough, I also had the MBN = Leonard parallel, or even Iginla. Power forward winger, skilled but hard-nosed with scoring, but a bit undersized to really play that game, all of them.

Greentree -- I was super intrigued but the heavy feet scare the hell out of me. It isn't like Yakemchuk where it looks like he has a lot more mobility and speed with a few years of technique and mobility training... I worry Greentree's just not explosive in his big muscles, just not enough fast twitch. Jason Robertson isn't fast but he's way more mobile than Greentree looks.

That's why I've gotten more interested in Sennecke or Chernyshov at 14.
I kinda get complete bust vibes from Sennecke. Just a gut feeling. Chernyshov is somewhat interesting.

• Wow

NiWa

Nov 27, 2003
Ireland
I kinda get complete bust vibes from Sennecke. Just a gut feeling. Chernyshov is somewhat interesting.
I would put Chernyshov in that tier with the other wingers.
Still agree with the others that ideally you'd hope Iginla is still on the board.

Wingers: Demidov > Iginla > others

Reactions: StanleyCup2035

RussianShark

Cheech
Mar 15, 2009
Bay Area
Why are we at 18.5% odds instead of 25.5%?

This is from the NHL's official Instagram page.

Screen Shot 2024-04-26 at 3.49.22 PM.png

• Haha

RussianShark

Cheech
Mar 15, 2009
Bay Area
The difference between 18% and 25% is when a team 12-16 wins we didn’t win the lottery but we would pick 1st.

18% is the odds of Sharks winning the lottery.

25% is the odds the Sharks pick 1st overall.

Gotcha, I'm now realizing this has already been discussed ad nauseam in this thread but the NHL's post threw me off guard once again. Stupid lottery.

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
I would put Chernyshov in that tier with the other wingers.
Still agree with the others that ideally you'd hope Iginla is still on the board.

Wingers: Demidov > Iginla > others
There’s unfortunately zero chance Iginla is there at 14. He’s so, so good.

coooldude

Jul 25, 2007
MBN with all 4 of Norway's goals today. Norwegian Ryan Leonard, possibly. Sure will be an interesting 8 weeks till the draft.

CaptainShark

Sep 25, 2004
Fulda, Germany
I have MBN rated a little higher than most. He doesn’t have the greatest upside, but he looks like a very safe pick and he seems like a very good fit to play on a line with our skilled playmakers. So I would be fine with taking him.

Regarding Eiserman: I think I read somewhere, that he is best friends with Celebrini, the article stated that they talk on the phone daily… IF we get #1 and Eiserman, there would be a little bit of extra value in it for me as I think it could make it a little easier down the road to keep Celebrini happy

Last edited:

one2gamble

Dec 24, 2007
I have MBN rated a little higher than most. He doesn’t have the greatest upside, but he looks like a very safe pick and he seems like a very good fit to play on a line with our skilled playmakers. So I would be fine with taking him.

Regarding Eiserman: I think I read somewhere, that he is best friends with Celebrini, the article stated that they talk on the phone daily… IF we get #1 and Eiserman, there would be a little bit of extra value in it for me as I think it could make it a little easier down the road to keep Celebrini happy
I'm not making a pick at 14 "to make someone happy".

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Definitely. I wouldn’t hate him at 14, he’s the type of player every team wants, even if he doesn’t have the upside that some other guys would have. MBN is maybe a bigger and more skilled Zetterlund.
You think MBN has potential to be better than Zuccarello? Think that’s incredibly unlikely.

• Wow
Reactions: Grinner

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad