2024 NHL Draft Picks 11, 43, 75, 107, 108, 171, 203, 222

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
As a western Canada guy. I'd love to see Catton fall to Buffalo. Kid is a future star.
Also wouldn't cry if Tij Iginla or Caden Lindstrom are taken there. I get the love of picking D, but with Byrum, I would be A-ok taking another first round F.

I just don't see how Catton falls out of the top 10. Granted, I was amazed and shocked when Benson fell out of the top 10 so it's not unheard of but there is so much to like about his game.

Lindstrom feels like a guy who doesn't last past 3. All that size, physical play, speed in a center? Whoever drafts him will have trouble walking to the podium.

MarkusKetterer

Shoulda got one game in
As a western Canada guy. I'd love to see Catton fall to Buffalo. Kid is a future star.
Also wouldn't cry if Tij Iginla or Caden Lindstrom are taken there. I get the love of picking D, but with Byrum, I would be A-ok taking another first round F.

I think Iginla is the best pick. At worst I see him as a physical 3rd liner that creates room for everyone else. With the makeup of the team I’m fine with passing on a future 1st liner for him.

Reactions: Old Navy Goat

Strummer53

Sep 11, 2021
I just don't see how Catton falls out of the top 10. Granted, I was amazed and shocked when Benson fell out of the top 10 so it's not unheard of but there is so much to like about his game.

Lindstrom feels like a guy who doesn't last past 3. All that size, physical play, speed in a center? Whoever drafts him will have trouble walking to the podium.
Catton is sub 6 feet, so there are teams that will pass on him simply due to that. Combined with the amount of D that are ranked highly (scouts dream) he will fall a lot farther than he should as he is top three-five skill IMO.
Lindstrom is definately someone that I could see sticking next year. Would love it if Columbus picked him and kept him just to hear the out roar from MH (see: Sillinger, Cole)

elchud

Nov 1, 2015
I like Bednarik a lot. Might be a reach with our 2nd...but then again maybe not.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
I like Bednarik a lot. Might be a reach with our 2nd...but then again maybe not.

Not sure if it's a reach or not - seems some really like him in the 30-50 range based on all the folks pushing their lists out. I wonder if his stature inhibits his style as he advances. Does he continue to play the same way as players around him get taller and heavier? Is it that the fight is in that dog and it won't matter (I would lean that way but that's more on talking to the people around him to get a better picture that isn't exactly available to me. :D )

Reactions: elchud

Doug Prishpreed

May 1, 2013
Brooklyn
The latest from Craig Button -

:popcorn:
Are Zayne and Zeev settling in as the consensus top two defensemen in this class? Seems like everyone is starting to show them up front.

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA

9. Buffalo Sabres

Zayne Parekh, D, Saginaw (OHL)

Buffalo has one of the best prospect pools in the NHL and it gets another injection of tremendous talent here.

In Parekh, Buffalo gets the best offensive defenseman in the draft, breaking all kinds of OHL records over the past two seasons in Saginaw. Right-handed defensemen who are dynamic offensively are hard to find and aren't available in trades. Adding Parekh to the group of Rasmus Dahlin, Owen Power and Bowen Byram gives them a right-handed defenseman who has been impactful at every level. He drives play offensively, moves well on his edges and manipulates defenders with ease.

His defensive game has improved but will need to continue to develop. At the NHL level, if he can use his footwork and engage physically more consistently, his offense will carry him. Buffalo is adding the future quarterback of its power play with this selection.

FWIW:

1.) San Jose -- Celebrini
2.) Chicago -- Levshunov
3.) Anaheim -- Lindstrom
4.) CBJ -- Eiserman
5.) Arizona -- Demidov
6.) Ottawa -- Dickinson
7.) Montreal -- Catton
8.) Calgary -- Silayev

Doug Prishpreed

May 1, 2013
Brooklyn

FWIW:

1.) San Jose -- Celebrini
2.) Chicago -- Levshunov
3.) Anaheim -- Lindstrom
4.) CBJ -- Eiserman
5.) Arizona -- Demidov
6.) Ottawa -- Dickinson
7.) Montreal -- Catton
8.) Calgary -- Silayev
I don't feel like Rachel Dorrie has a good feel for which teams will pick who. This just seems totally random.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Mora is up on Djurgarden. Brandsegg-Nygard not on the scoresheet but he's on pace for about 15 minutes of TOI.

Willgamesh

Jan 31, 2019
Are Zayne and Zeev settling in as the consensus top two defensemen in this class? Seems like everyone is starting to show them up front.
A lot of our posters hate Zayne for his defensive game. I think he will be able to out produce his negatives.

Doug Prishpreed

May 1, 2013
Brooklyn
I think part of it is also that there really isn't a whole lot of consensus after Celebrini.
I can definitely agree with that. I like her mock but it just seems low-effort...something you'd expect from from an HF poster lol.

I just listed to the guys on the Athletic podcast and they just seem to put 1000% more thought and research into their opinions. If you're working in the media, I just expect more.

Brandsegg-Nygard not on the scoresheet but he's on pace for about 15 minutes of TOI.
He's the type of player we never get to draft because we're always drafting too-high and have to take the higher-ceiling player :(

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
I can definitely agree with that. I like her mock but it just seems low-effort...something you'd expect from from an HF poster lol.

I just listed to the guys on the Athletic podcast and they just seem to put 1000% more thought and research into their opinions. If you're working in the media, I just expect more.

He's the type of player we never get to draft because we're always drafting too-high and have to take the higher-ceiling player :(

He picked up an assist on Mora's second goal. He's the one pushing it back to the point here -

Dallas has one of their directors of player development (they have four, as well as 2 directors of player personnel, 1 director of scouting, 1 director of player evaluation, 1 director of European scouting, 1 director of amateur scouting, a director of conditioning and a few others) who also happens to be an assistant coach with Norway's national team there today. I don't speak Swedish, don't know what he said, but it seems like he could have excellent information on Brandsegg-Nygard yet I doubt if Dallas will get a shot at him.

Reactions: Doug Prishpreed

Doug Prishpreed

May 1, 2013
Brooklyn
He picked up an assist on Mora's second goal. He's the one pushing it back to the point here -

Dallas has one of their directors of player development (they have four, as well as 2 directors of player personnel, 1 director of scouting, 1 director of player evaluation, 1 director of European scouting, 1 director of amateur scouting, a director of conditioning and a few others) who also happens to be an assistant coach with Norway's national team there today. I don't speak Swedish, don't know what he said, but it seems like he could have excellent information on Brandsegg-Nygard yet I doubt if Dallas will get a shot at him.

Yeah Dallas seems like a long shot. I bet he'll go to Isles, Wild, Philly, or Wings, in that 12-16 area.

Faceboner

Jan 6, 2022
No need to look past Celebrini, Sabres gonna win that lottery
Heh funny thing is I would be ecstatic but I see how this sets up Chicago for winning the lotto the next two drafts and getting McKenna but either way getting celebrini would solve the 3c problem and he is a talent I could see push us into a playoff spot along with savoie coming up. I expect our top six to rebound but winning celebrini would solve alot of issues and almost seems like a perfect landing spot, he can break in at 3c with some decent talent surrounding him and a great d-core that is young.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Surin and Loko going into the third period today against Silayev and Chaika -

Another primary on the first goal, then picked up a roughing penalty to end the first.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad