GDT: 2024 NHL Draft Lottery - May 7th 2024, 6:30 P.M ET

Devs3cups

Wind of Change
Sponsor
May 8, 2010
Even though we all wanted a different result this year, it's still an important day for the organization. Let's hope for the best!

Here are the draft lottery odds:

Screenshot 2024-05-06 at 7.46.38 PM.png

LGD! Let's hope for some good luck!

1715039228493.png

Alex NJD

Apr 28, 2015
Parsippany, New Jersey
The league is rigged and we will be winning today, in terms of who else wins

Good for them: San Jose, Utah, Anaheim, Seattle, Calgary, Minnesota
At least it's still West: Chicago, STL
Not happy about it: Montreal, Ottawa, Buffalo, Detroit
Hate life: Columbus, Philly, Pittsburgh

PizzaAndPucks

New Jersey Angels diehard
Nov 29, 2018
Thr Draft Party back in 2011 for Larsson was a fun time. I'm sure many of you were there.

The Devils better do a Draft Party this year. I can't remember if they did one for 2022 when we got Nemec. Would be nice to have one this year.

Hoping we can win this thing somehow tomorrow but we have won it plenty of times the last 10 plus years. This season in retrospect hopefully will be a bump in the road with a good piece acquired for our Cup chances the next few years.

Guttersniped

I like goalies who stop the puck
Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018
Thr Draft Party back in 2011 for Larsson was a fun time. I'm sure many of you were there.

The Devils better do a Draft Party this year. I can't remember if they did one for 2022 when we got Nemec. Would be nice to have one this year.

Hoping we can win this thing somehow tomorrow but we have won it plenty of times the last 10 plus years. This season in retrospect hopefully will be a bump in the road with a good piece acquired for our Cup chances the next few years.

They had a draft party in 2022, the response to the pick was mixed. (Well, one guy was audibly unhappy lol.)

PizzaAndPucks

New Jersey Angels diehard
Nov 29, 2018
They had a draft party in 2022, the response to the pick was mixed. (Well, one guy was audibly unhappy lol.)

Yeah now I remember it without even having to watch that video. At the time I was a bit bummed we didn't take Wright or Cooley. We seemed to be rumored to be high on Nemec though leading up to the Draft. Just looking at that Draft on EliteProspects right now and it's looking to be a stacked one.

Nemec was the type of player we needed in the system , tbe perfect kind of player to conpliment Luke Hughes on the same or different pairing. Plus taking Casey in the 2nd Round is looking to be an added plus.

NJ07102

Apr 15, 2012
Germany
It is funny in hindsight, but this is when Hedman showed 0 signs of any offensive ability. People forget how long it took him to get going.
Totally true. But that is why we have draft icons like McKenzie who know the prospects so much better than we do ;)

Devils731

Jun 23, 2008
Jeez for all that hype, Larsson looks like an absolutely horrendous skater in the highlight videos they showed. Looks like he’s skating in mud. Was he considered a good or bad skater at the time?
Pretty good skater, if I remember right.

Larsson has a nice stride when he’s skating long distances. He has a horrific first few steps. Him playing on the bigger ice surfaces against slower pace really helped mask his lack of quickness and agility while his skating at speed was emphasized.

IMG_3010.jpeg

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
The league is rigged and we will be winning today, in terms of who else wins

Good for them: San Jose, Utah, Anaheim, Seattle, Calgary, Minnesota
At least it's still West: Chicago, STL
Not happy about it: Montreal, Ottawa, Buffalo, Detroit
Hate life: Columbus, Philly, Pittsburgh
If the league is rigged Utah wins the lottery to drum up excitement/interest in the new market.

That's my conspiracy theory.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad