2024 MMA General Discussion and Fight Announcements

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Kind of forgot about Rose TBH. She's not ranked in either division (yet is ranked #8 in the WP4P).

I don't know what's going on with Rose (if anyone ever does), but the Esparza fight was so weird and her comments leading up to the Fiorot fight were eyebrow raising. I wouldn't be surprised if we don't see Rose for a while and unless she's hungry enough to drop back down to 115, I don't think she's a serious title contender.

There is a rumour that Rose is fighting Ribas at 125lbs in March.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010

I still find it strange that they are forcing PPVs that nobody is buying. That date is the same as UFC Mexico as well, though it's probably earlier in the day in Saudi or it is really a Friday night card that is "February 24th" on Saudi time.

I would think that they could have thrown a card like that on ESPN on a non-UFC date and do pretty well.

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
1705022850716.jpeg

bov

Nov 13, 2010
If it's not Belal, maybe they found a way to put together the Masvidal/Edwards grudge match.

Edit-Forgot about the Diaz boxing match.

I got nothin.

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
My guess is Chael is trolling.

I don't know why they haven't announced Leon-Belal, but maybe it's because they are waiting to see if it will be the main event or the co-main.

Reactions: CDJ

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
I might have missed it, but GDR is booked against Dumont for April 6.

On one hand, she's 39 and I wouldn't be rushing her to a title shot if I was the UFC given how flaky she is. On the other, from a skill perspective, she might be the best in the division with how weak BW is right now.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
I might have missed it, but GDR is booked against Dumont for April 6.

On one hand, she's 39 and I wouldn't be rushing her to a title shot if I was the UFC given how flaky she is. On the other, from a skill perspective, she might be the best in the division with how weak BW is right now.
Honestly she’ll probably end up champ before the end of the year

Reactions: Taytro

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
And then vacate it because she really just doesn't care.
With no Cyborg around and having the baby out of the way she may stick around for a little

She is 39 though. But still, a scary women’s fighter. The power is real. And people forget she choked Pena unconscious in her last fight so she’s got that in her bag now too.

Reactions: 16Skippy and Taytro

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
So Ariel is reporting that they are moving the Saudi card from March to June because they wanted the card to be better.

I've said before his injuries came up that I thought they would put Islam in the main event of that card and I think this makes it much more likely. Perfect spot/timing to throw Islam v Gaethje in there. Other option would be if they gave Chimaev a title shot or a big fight - him v either Costa/Whittaker winner would be ideal.

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
So Ariel is reporting that they are moving the Saudi card from March to June because they wanted the card to be better.

I've said before his injuries came up that I thought they would put Islam in the main event of that card and I think this makes it much more likely. Perfect spot/timing to throw Islam v Gaethje in there. Other option would be if they gave Chimaev a title shot or a big fight - him v either Costa/Whittaker winner would be ideal.
I'd still be surprised if they used Islam for a non-PPV card, but it does make some sense, especially given Islam/Ali's comments.

Reactions: m9

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad