NFL: 2024 Free Agent Freak Show

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
That's super rich for a receiver who hasn't come close to 1,000 yards for a few years. Wonder if they front-loaded this contract, too.

Mooney 1,000 yd season was also with Dalton throwing him a lot of passes not Fields

Infact of Mooney's 10 highest yard games as a pro only two had Fields throwing him ball

12 Rec for 126 yds vs Vikings (Dalton at QB)
5 Rec for 125 yds vs Lions (Fields at QB)
5 Rec for 123 yds vs Lions (Dalton at QB)
5 Rec for 121 yds + TD vs Ravens (Dalton at QB)
4 Rec for 94 yds vs Giants (Fields at QB)
11 Rec for 93 yds vs Packers (Trubisky at QB)
5 Rec for 82 yds vs Saints (Bagent at QB)
5 Rec for 69 yds + TD vs Saints (Foles at QB)
7 Rec for 69 yds + TD vs Giants (Dalton at QB)

It's very clear he and Fields are often not on same page for some reason.

And while our WR's have issues of own (Scott unable to catch ball an example) we have seen time and again WR's get wide open only for Fields to miss them on throw or majority of times simply not seeing them open

Mooney should be good #2

The reality is Mooney play went downhill when Fields was one throwing him ball. I expect him to bounceback and be a strong #2 in Atlanta with Cousins throwing him ball

Last edited:
Reactions: AtlantaWhaler

AtlantaWhaler

Thrash/Preds/Sabres
Jul 3, 2009
Mooney 1,000 yd season was also with Dalton throwing him a lot of passes not Fields

Infact of Mooney's 10 highest yard games as a pro only two had Fields throwing him ball

12 Rec for 126 yds vs Vikings (Dalton at QB)
5 Rec for 125 yds vs Lions (Fields at QB)
5 Rec for 123 yds vs Lions (Dalton at QB)
5 Rec for 121 yds + TD vs Ravens (Dalton at QB)
4 Rec for 94 yds vs Giants (Fields at QB)
11 Rec for 93 yds vs Packers (Trubisky at QB)
5 Rec for 82 yds vs Saints (Bagent at QB)
5 Rec for 69 yds + TD vs Saints (Foles at QB)
7 Rec for 69 yds + TD vs Giants (Dalton at QB)

It's very clear he and Fields are often not on same page for some reason.

And while our WR's have issues of own (Scott unable to catch ball an example) we have seen time and again WR's get wide open only for Fields to miss them on throw or majority of times simply not seeing them open

Mooney should be good #2

The reality is Mooney play went downhill when Fields was one throwing him ball. I expect him to bounceback and be a strong #2 in Atlanta with Cousins throwing him ball
Good stuff. I do like Mooney at #2 (was hoping for Brown, but Mooney is fine), it's still a big contract. He was projected to fall around $8.5 to $11.5 on a 2-year deal.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Good for Lock

Gets chance to be #1 again wih Jones to miss chunk of start of year, Maybe he will find way to thrive this time

Also I dont see Devito as NFL #1 and he faltered badly at end of year so I don't see him as an option to start year

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Would team that acquired him need to have him on active roster to count towards his suspension?
Interesting question. So, you are asking if he needs to be one of the 53 players on the opening day roster to be considered suspended?

I think he needs to be signed to be then serve his suspension and thus forfeit the salary of those games.

Probably means he needs to be on the Active 53 man roster. Not sure if he qualifies for the PS.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad