Racing: 2024 Formula 1 Season

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
Helmut Marko is now being rumored of being suspended by Red Bull...

I really hope the entire situation comes to light one day, although I really don't expect it to be soon. Maybe someone inside Red Bull (who can be even somewhat impartial) will write a book about it one day.

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
Apparently Doriane Pin's nickname is Pocket Rocket and now we need Henri Richard's face photoshopped on her driving suit. Or Pin herself photoshopped with a Habs jersey.

It may be a bit optimistic, but IMO she has more driving skills than at least half the F3 grid. But she's also an endurance racer who needs to hone her single seaters skill

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
Apparently Doriane Pin's nickname is Pocket Rocket and now we need Henri Richard's face photoshopped on her driving suit. Or Pin herself photoshopped with a Habs jersey.

It may be a bit optimistic, but IMO she has more driving skills than at least half the F3 grid. But she's also an endurance racer who needs to hone her single seaters skill
She'll get higher publicity by wiping the floor with the rest of the F1 Academy grid, so I do like it as a stepping stone for her into single seaters. I hope that way she can get into a decent a F3 seat.

Reactions: DaveG

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
She'll get higher publicity by wiping the floor with the rest of the F1 Academy grid, so I do like it as a stepping stone for her into single seaters. I hope that way she can get into a decent a F3 seat.

I must admit I didn't have "Taking the Checkered Flag Twice" on my Doriane Pin bingo card.

But improving the FL lap by nearly half a second on the last lap after the 2nd place driver did set a FL is a total boss move if I ever saw one.

Too bad that the racing behind 4th place ranges from "Somewhat underwhelming" to "Farcical".

PanniniClaus

Oct 12, 2006
Still good battles on track but people want a title fight.

May get one for 2025 if the off track drama continues.

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
This season is over unless someone starts slashing the tires of the Red Bull cars before each race. It’s just not competitive right now. Credit to Red Bull for the car and Verstappen for being the best driver of this era but as a spectator it would be nice to see a race where the contest is for the top spots rather than watching one semi-interesting fight between Norris and Hamilton for a middling spot. Just meh for the most part.

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
Still good battles on track but people want a title fight.

May get one for 2025 if the off track drama continues.
I mean if Checo were a Nico Rosberg level talent it might still be interesting even with Red Bull looking like they could win literally every damn race this year. I'll still watch because the fight for 2-5 looks interesting this year and would be even more so if Aston didn't have one arm tied behind their back with Stroll being one of their drivers.

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
I mean if Checo were a Nico Rosberg level talent it might still be interesting even with Red Bull looking like they could win literally every damn race this year. I'll still watch because the fight for 2-5 looks interesting this year and would be even more so if Aston didn't have one arm tied behind their back with Stroll being one of their drivers.
That was really not a mistake someone in his eighth season in F1 should be making... Seemed more like lack of concertation than anything.

Reactions: DaveG

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002

Khelandros

Feb 12, 2019

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
Giving a second chance to a driver who caused a red flag at T7 of Albert Park during the last two sessions he drove there is certainly a move.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad