Prospect Info: 2024 Entry Draft Thread - Let's Talk About Picks, Bay-bee

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
Letourneau at #21 would be disappointing to say the least. Do not mind him yet at 21 there are decently better options. My realistic hope would be that Connelly drops to us. Otherwise a few guys there I would not mind: Hage, Surin, Sennecke, Greentree and Chernyshkov. Just no interest in another T. Bjornfot, J. Hughes, etc vanilla like pick. Try and get a better piece not a potential 3rd line/pairing guy.
Of all the prospects in the draft, I'm fairly confident that Connelly's not an option. Unless Bergevin is running the Kings.

• Haha
Reactions: apadilla

AnThGrt

Feb 13, 2005
Park City, UT
Of all the prospects in the draft, I'm fairly confident that Connelly's not an option. Unless Bergevin is running the Kings.
Only reason he would be available there is the PR. Top ten in talent. More important though to get vanilla character players like Bjornfot and Hughes!

Players have done WAY more questionable things and still went drafted. Connelly posted a picture of a nazi symbol when 16 and quickly removed it. Dumb dumb dumb move. Plenty of reports from all kind of others including coaches and trainers come his work ethic, being a team player, etc.

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
Only reason he would be available there is the PR. Top ten in talent. More important though to get vanilla character players like Bjornfot and Hughes!

Players have done WAY more questionable things and still went drafted. Connelly posted a picture of a nazi symbol when 16 and quickly removed it. Dumb dumb dumb move. Plenty of reports from all kind of others including coaches and trainers come his work ethic, being a team player, etc.
I've read of issues with teammates, too. It's not just the Nazi symbol issue.

You can have personality, or even be a heel on the ice, and still be a good teammate. Look at Brandt Clarke.

chris kontos

Feb 28, 2023
my condolences to any young, promising player drafted by the kings:

#1. be prepared to spend at least 1 yr in the ahl getting your brains beat out.
2. expect not to be promoted on a basis of skill/talent but on agent choice and popularity and other "intangibles".
3. expect to be placed on a line or paired with borderine nhl quality talent
4. forget about actually competing against actual professional organizations on a team level.
5. media exposure will be minimal and non exisistant in the eatern time zones.
6. be set up to fail at every turn by an organization that wont pay you.

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
Should be good talent available at 21. There was a delay in some draft preview articles going up but hopefully they'll start going out soon.

Also recorded several U18 games to go along with the others I recorded over the year, so I'm hoping to make plenty more videos, too.

Upcoming articles:
EJ Emery
Terick Parascak
Michael Brandsegg-Nygard

SmytheKing

Apr 7, 2007
Not to be Debbie Downer, but the Kings traded Faber and their first for Fiala on draft day.
Yeah I can't wait for them to trade this years and some variety of Kaliyev/Turcotte/Spence for a 30 year old goalie with one year left on their contract.

FrozenKing18

Goongala! Goongala!
Aug 11, 2009
SoCal
Not to be Debbie Downer, but the Kings traded Faber and their first for Fiala on draft day.
Please no..

796s1p.png

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
History of the 21st Overall Pick:

2000 – Anton Volchenkov (D, Ottawa Senators)
2001 – Colby Armstrong (RW, Pittsburgh Penguins)
2002 – Anton Babchuk (D, Chicago Blackhawks)
2003 – Mark Stuart (D, Boston Bruins)
2004 – Wojtek Wolski (LW, Colorado Avalanche)
2005 – Tuukka Rask (G, Toronto Maple Leafs)
2006 – Bobby Sanguinetti (D, New York Rangers)
2007 – Riley Nash (C, Edmonton Oilers)
2008 – Anton Gustafsson (C, Washington Capitals)
2009 – John Moore (D, Columbus Blue Jackets)
2010 – Riley Sheahan (C, Detroit Red Wings)
2011 – Stefan Noesen (RW, Ottawa Senators)
2012 – Mark Jankowski (C, Calgary Flames)
2013 – Frédérik Gauthier (C, Toronto Maple Leafs)
2014 – Robby Fabbri (C, St. Louis Blues)
2015 – Colin White (C, Ottawa Senators)
2016 – Julien Gauthier (RW, Carolina Hurricanes)
2017 – Filip Chytil (C, New York Rangers)
2018 – Ryan Merkley (D, San Jose Sharks)
2019 – Samuel Poulin (RW, Pittsburgh Penguins)
2020 – Yegor Chinakhov (RW, Columbus Blue Jackets)
2021 - Fabian Lysell (RW, Boston Bruins)
2022 - Owen Pickering (D, Pittsburgh Penguins)
2023 - Charlie Stramel (C, Minnesota Wild)

That gives you some perspective.

Schmooley

Apr 5, 2016
Do a write up on the consensus top ten pick that will fall because of injury issues. The one thats a mid sized, high floor low ceiling two way center.
Thats who the Kings are taking.
They will spend 5 years developing him and once he finally gets healthy and cracks the lineup they will trade him.

SmytheKing

Apr 7, 2007
He's probably out of the range of the Kings, but if Yakemchuk falls a little bit, I'd try to move up to get him. Guessing he'll be similar to McTavish though where he ends up rising as we get closer to the draft.

SmytheKing

Apr 7, 2007
Matvei Shuravin is another guy I want to read more about but his ranking seems to be all over the place right now.

Lt Dan

F*** your ice cream!
Sep 13, 2018
Bayou La Batre
youtu.be
Should be good talent available at 21. There was a delay in some draft preview articles going up but hopefully they'll start going out soon.

Also recorded several U18 games to go along with the others I recorded over the year, so I'm hoping to make plenty more videos, too.

Upcoming articles:

Terick Parascak
We need this guy on name alone

Reactions: King'sPawn

Lt Dan

F*** your ice cream!
Sep 13, 2018
Bayou La Batre
youtu.be
These are the picks for the draft

The Kings have #21

1715031843787.png

Our 2nd was given away as part of the get rid of Cal trade (also to get the cap space to trade for PLDufus)
Our 3rd was traded away as part of the Gavrikov and Korpisalo trade
Our 5th was traded away along with Bitey Lemiuex for MacEwen

Reactions: King'sPawn

David Lunch

Apr 11, 2018
Incoming shower thought; you’ve been warned…

What are the chances that we could package our first and Kaliyev to get a higher 1st round pick? And if possible, how high could the Kings climb up the chart with that package?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad