2024 Draft

Qubax

Oct 25, 2002
Visit site
...I'm starting to really like this guy:

Maybe he's an option with our late first or a 2nd.

--
I also like Konsta Helenius if Iginla goes before us and if we are concerned that Lindstrom will be more Colborne than Joe Thornton/Byfield

I'm almost more in favor of Helenius than Catton.

Reactions: FLAMESFAN

Backlund

Dec 29, 2009
Calgary, AB

--
I also like Konsta Helenius if Iginla goes before us and if we are concerned that Lindstrom will be more Colborne than Joe Thornton/Byfield

I think Helenius goes before Iginla. Tij might not even be a top 10 pick.

FLAMESFAN

Feb 27, 2002

--

As long as we took a C in the 1st rnd, I'd be happy with Gridin in the 2nd.
Maybe we can even get his linemate....

User1996

Jun 24, 2020
Hoping Ritchie’s playoffs don’t move him too high and he’s still there at Vancouvers pick. He’s a guy I have in the teens, but that’s also the highest I’ve seen. I think there’s a lot there to work with. RHS as well never hurts.

Reactions: Bounces R Way

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
Not to pound the drum again (although I guess that’s what this technically is), Zeev Buium is a gem. His ability to escape forecheckers and move the puck is special. Has defended very well today too.

I’m convinced we look back in 10 years and he’s the best of that crop of D.

Alright I'm on the Buium hype train too. Kid is so smooth out there.

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
I'm already fairly sure that Huska is a placeholder for Jarome.

If we draft Tij, I'm 99.999% confident that Jarome will be our next coach

User1996

Jun 24, 2020
Liking Ollie Josephson out of RD in the 2nd round. Skates well enough, wins puck battles at a high rate, big jump in production this season compared to last, a little bit of skill and creativity sprinkled in. Plays in all situations for the Rebels. Projects as a C in the pros unlike some of the C’s typically ranked ahead of him.

Not your typical high upside, high skill, swing for the fences pick I usually advocate for at that spot, but seems like a really easy bet to become a Backlund replacement at some point.

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
Honest question from a Sens fan, would Flames nation be interested in a trade like this?

Ottawa: Rasmus Anderson
Calgary: 7th overalll

Could draft Tij Iginla - Ottawa will finish around 6- 7 right where Iginla should be drafted. How good is Andersson for really? Top pairing guy?

Flames Fanatic

Mediocre
Aug 14, 2008
Cochrane
Honest question from a Sens fan, would Flames nation be interested in a trade like this?

Could draft Tij Iginla - Ottawa will finish around 6- 7 right where Iginla should be drafted. How good is Andersson for really? Top pairing guy?

Normally top pair, but this year wasn't his usual self.

Personally I'd be heavily tempted. Would leave our D... even more questionable, but probably worth it to bolster the rebuild/retool.

Is Carter Yakemchuk good?

Definitely one of the top D options. Kinda Phaneuf esque but a better skater?

Reactions: Janks and Tuna99

User1996

Jun 24, 2020
Is Carter Yakemchuk good?
Probably shouldn’t be in the debate at 8, 9 or 10.

I’d have Celebrini, Demidov, Buium, Catton, Dickinson, Lindstrom, Silayev, Helenius, Levshunov, Eiserman all at least a tier above as of now.

Kranix

Deranged Homer
Jun 27, 2012
I'd rather get a skilled forward like Catton at 8-10 than one of these D

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011

It's definitely tempting. If we are moving Andersson thats probably as good a single solid future as we could hope for.

viper0220

Oct 10, 2008

I don't think that Ottawa does that, there some great D prospects in this draft and the ones in the top 10 will have higher celling than Anderson.

When will we know the order?

FLAMESFAN

Feb 27, 2002
I don't think that Ottawa does that, there some great D prospects in this draft and the ones in the top 10 will have higher celling than Anderson.

When will we know the order?
I think Anderson fits their time frame better, rather than waiting 3+ years for a prospect
They just need a goalie IMO

User1996

Jun 24, 2020
Current top 10, feel free to ask away. Parenthesis beside name is number of viewings. Still expect some movement - should have a top 96 done by June.

1. Macklin Celebrini (6)
2. Ivan Demidov (2)
3. Zeev Buium (5)
4. Konsta Helenius (5)
5. Anton Silayev (3)
6. Tij Iginla (5)
7. Cayden Lindstrom (5)
8. Berkley Catton (10)
9. Sam Dickinson (6)
10. Artyom Levshunov (3)

Ad

Upcoming events