2024 Draft Thread

TheMadHatTrick

Nov 2, 2008
I'm pretty much down to Elick, Brunicke, Roberts, or Luchanko at our pick. I think Brunicke and Roberts have the highest ceilings of the four, while Elick and Luchanko the highest floors.

Reactions: aingefan

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Gavin McKenna is only draft eligible for 2026 and he's dominating the U-18s right now. A lot of teams are gonna tank for him.

Reactions: uncleben

horner

May 22, 2007
U18
Canada vs USA
Great game to see all the dman in our range .
I hope the refs let them play a north American game.

Steven1562

May 13, 2013
This draft seems loaded with defenseman. I wouldn't be opposed to acquiring additional picks in this draft.

Reactions: horner

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Hutson looks awesome. He looks dominant. Mews looked terrible on the last goal.

Team Canada looks pretty bad this game. 9 shots in 35 minutes.

Last edited:

darrylsittler27

Oct 21, 2002
This draft seems loaded with defenseman. I wouldn't be opposed to acquiring additional picks in this draft.
I say first round is C or D heavy but yeah a 2nd rounder would be a good idea. If we are 22nd we are in trading range to jump up if a stud falls. many didnt like that Cowan pick but now he is OHL MVP with a 38 game pt streak?

That would be in range to get a pretty damn good prospect.
The thing is a guy like Robertson may get you into 17th if a stud drops. The first is heavy on C or D this year.

horner

May 22, 2007
PlYwrs in our range playing at the u18 tournament
Huston dynamic not sure about his defence
Mews is a couple of grades below him defense ?
Skahan a stud dman took out McKenna with ease just worried about his man
EJ Emery he's very calm defenseman
Elick haven't been impressed with him
Max Plant
Carson Wetsch
Beaudoin
Cater George is a stud

We need a 2nd rd pk

Reactions: arso40 and SprDaVE

LaPlante94

Apr 12, 2011
Was looking for a site that does mock drafts and the one I found lets you trade picks and tells you the value of each pick which was interesting. The one mock draft I did nobody I really liked who could possibly fall were picked before pick 23 so I looked at trades that were close value to pick 23. Trade with Calgary could work where we get picks 29, 64 and 74 for 23, 151 and 200. Flyers is another where we get picks 30, 51 and 77 for 23, 120 and 152. Those are best ones we could do imo if we want to stay in the 1st round. Trade with SJ for picks 33, 42, 85 and 194 for 23 works too. Chicago is another or pretty much any team with multiple 2nd ad 3rd round picks you could do for pick 23. One of the drafts I had Jiricek, Senneke and Hage available at 23 so if that was the case for real idk if I'd want to trade back. Idk how valuable/accurate those draft pick value ratings are but it's something to do when you got time to do it.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Was looking for a site that does mock drafts and the one I found lets you trade picks and tells you the value of each pick which was interesting. The one mock draft I did nobody I really liked who could possibly fall were picked before pick 23 so I looked at trades that were close value to pick 23. Trade with Calgary could work where we get picks 29, 64 and 74 for 23, 151 and 200. Flyers is another where we get picks 30, 51 and 77 for 23, 120 and 152. Those are best ones we could do imo if we want to stay in the 1st round. Trade with SJ for picks 33, 42, 85 and 194 for 23 works too. Chicago is another or pretty much any team with multiple 2nd ad 3rd round picks you could do for pick 23. One of the drafts I had Jiricek, Senneke and Hage available at 23 so if that was the case for real idk if I'd want to trade back. Idk how valuable/accurate those draft pick value ratings are but it's something to do when you got time to do it.

I'm not sure if Treliving has ever been a trade down kind of GM. If Dubas was still around I'd probably expect it. I'm a fan of moving down, especially if you don't have any 2nd round picks but it also depends on the scouts opinion of whats the value like.

The Leafs should be in a good spot to pick up a faller or at least the top of the back 3rd of the first round. They will have a shot at or most of Elick, Badinka, Beaudoin, Sennecke, Hemming, Ritchie, Brunicke, Luchanko, Mews etc to pick from... We'll see how it turns out.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad