2024 Draft Discussion

Rzombo4 prez

May 17, 2012
I think we will have some solid options around 15 but I can't say I am exactly pining for anyone in particular. MBN, Yakemchuk, Sennecke, Connelly, Basha, Greentree and Hage are all fine. I probably like Eiserman less than others I guess (although I can totally see him coming back to bite me in the ass).

heyfolks

Apr 30, 2007
You can say that for any draft lol I pushed hard for months for raymond and kasper and he took them. Other times didnt ... we can never know 100% what any gm will take except the #1 pick

I just know we need elite talent upfront I'm not wasting a top 15 pick and possible trade up for a dman. We have seider and edvinsson ... pelikka buium wallinder Gibson johanson in the pipeline,free agency and trades

No ones trading you a top line forward and those barely make it to free agency. Draft a potential forward line guy

Cant see anyone taking pick 47 and berggren for pick 17. What do I know

I don't know what you know, they know but you clearly know one or the other is going to be drafted at 17. How you know and they don't know you know is not something I know.

What I do know is McKenzie does NOT have either ranked in the top 15, and the Wings own the 15th pick. Using Bob McKenzie's rankings, where he has Greentree at @17 and Hage at #36 leads me to state the Wings can draft Greentree at 15. I think we can agree that, according to Mr. Bob McKenzie, he will be available. That gets the one player into the system.

MR. McKENZIE has Hage ranked at 36. (See below for elite prospect rankings whereby they reference Bob's picks.)

Do you take the #47 pick and Berggren for the #36?

heyfolks

Apr 30, 2007
The Wings are moving into the top 10... I can feel it.

Heyfolks quote circa 2016-current (Adjusted from 1-10 based on dreadfulness of regular season play.)

Axel Sandy Pelikan

Michael Brandsegg-Nygard or Bust.
May 11, 2023
What is so dumb is that the Wings are just now completely f***ed out of those 8 spots in the lottery forever. The spots we dropped because everyone else won. Now that we have advanced past the lottery and they changed it because Edmonton is dong water and were so bad to jump so many times… we can’t even possibly recover, even if we slip out.

Complete bullshit. We were only ever in a place to get f***ed over.

ShanahanMan

Jan 31, 2009
Tokyo, Japan
Wait what? You’re saying it’s impossible for us to be top 8?
What is so dumb is that the Wings are just now completely f***ed out of those 8 spots in the lottery forever. The spots we dropped because everyone else won. Now that we have advanced past the lottery and they changed it because Edmonton is dong water and were so bad to jump so many times… we can’t even possibly recover, even if we slip out.

Complete bullshit. We were only ever in a place to get f***ed over.

schuelma24

Jul 14, 2023
none of our underachieving division friends moved up so a good night.

Good chance to get a solid, bigger winger at #15 and an outside chance that Helenius or Catton falls due to size concerns.

Reactions: OgeeOgelthorpe

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
MR. McKENZIE has Hage ranked at 36. (See below for elite prospect rankings whereby they reference Bob's picks.)

Do you take the #47 pick and Berggren for the #36?
McKenzie is an idiot, and Hage will go much earlier. If for whatever reason Hage is still available at #36, you trade for that pick with whatever draft pick and spare parts you have for sure.

Seen a few people on Twitter saying it. Idk if it's true or not?
No, the lottery rule is that you cannot advance more than twice in any 5 year period.

jaster

Take me off ignore, please.
Jun 8, 2007
Teams are only allowed to improve their positioning via the Lottery twice in a five year period (beginning with the 2022 Lottery.
Chicago will win it next year.

Holden Caufield

Oct 9, 2020
Ontario
McKenzie is an idiot, and Hage will go much earlier. If for whatever reason Hage is still available at #36, you trade for that pick with whatever draft pick and spare parts you have for sure.

No, the lottery rule is that you cannot advance more than twice in any 5 year period.

McKenzie does not even rank the prospects…and he doesn’t claim to either.
He compiles a list based off a bunch of real NHL scouts who give him their opinion/rankings.

That is also a reference to a mid term list. The recent list was only top 15.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad