2024 Draft Discussion

Snuggs

Jun 24, 2018
Thanks for the attempted help; however, I'm helpless. Idk how to use that thing.

Our Lady Peace

Aug 12, 2014
BC
Would you take potential Compher at 15? Mid six who plays in any situation if so I believe Basha is the one
I like Basha and I guess if you want a guy who likely finds himself to be an NHLer like a Mathieu Perreault, then that's fine at 15

However I like the boom/bust guys that may be available there like Sennecke, Greentree, and even Hage as well. MBN as a more well-rounded guy could slip if teams start panicking and take all the defensemen beforehand

letsgowings9999

May 13, 2023
So what are some viable options at 15 if we were to stick? ( I'd still trade up 3-5 spots in a heartbeat this year)

Assuming

Celebrini
Levshunov
Lindstrom
Buium
Dickinson
Demidov
Silayev
Helenius
Parekh
Catton

Those 10 are taken before and these next 4 as well although some rumors of like eiserman dropping which would be ridiculous

Eiserman
Iginla
Yakemchuk
Nygard

We know yzerman goes off the board but is one of these next crop our pick??

Hage
Connelly
Sennecke
Greentree
Jiricek

Has to be right ??? I threw in jiricek cause I been hearing alot about him and how he had big upside. Could be a steal with him having missed a season?

That's not my main priority as I 100% want a forward but if we think hes a stud, with seider and pelikka that makes Gibson,tuomisto,johansson available in a trade package.

I'd have to look more into those 4. Would have said greentree but now I'm I intrigued with hage and sennecke. I just want a sure fire stud top 6 guy not a sure nhl guy who's just good.

I'm still moving up in a heartbeat for eiserman. Adding a 30-40 goal guy would be a big get

Anyone else who we might be looking at 15 if those I mentioned are gone ?

I was looking at miettinen on the 2nd round but he of course is now 18th on north american list. I doubt he trade back and get someone like him or lucas petterson instead?

Anyways sorry for the long rant, what are other viable options

cvaicunas

Aug 25, 2021
Trade up if you like him that well. What does a trade up to 5 or 6 cost legitimately? 15 plus... what? ( Real question )

* Draft lottery luck and we just end up picking 5th anyways.
.. ;)

Flop the Senators to 9th! Awesome.
I still believe... until I don't

• Love
Reactions: Snuggs

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
I don't think Silayev deserves be top10, should be fall , Stay home defansman. He could be Seider partner in the future

Rzombo4 prez

May 17, 2012
I really like Andrew Basha. Quick, hard working player. He could be a good middle 6 player.
I honestly don't know why people don't talk more about this kid as an option in the mid-first. I get that he doesn't have Greentree's or Sennecke's size, but apart from that I have a very difficult time arguing that those two are substantially more skilled or have a substantially higher upside than Basha. The motor and skating are just the floor for me. We want guys who play with the puck a lot and he is one of those guys. I can't think of anything Hage does better other than play center.

Reactions: lilidk

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
I don't watch enough to judge if we have Larkin replacement in the farm . Kasper is like 2-3 line center and Danielson, I think will be better at wing , but I am not sure. Do we still need to target center in the first ?

NickH8

Jul 3, 2015
I don't watch enough to judge if we have Larkin replacement in the farm . Kasper is like 2-3 line center and Danielson, I think will be better at wing , but I am not sure. Do we still need to target center in the first ?
What are you basing Danielson being better at wing on? He's played center most of his junior career so far.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad