2024 Draft Discussion

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
Yeah idk, when I think of small, I think of like, Raymond/Debrincat size bros... not dudes hovering around 200lbs and 6'0. More like under 5'10 and under 180lbs.

That article is probably dated, he's listed at 6'1" 190. Seems like a kid Stevie would like, he says all the right stuff and apparently skates well. This team needs more speed, I wouldn't be upset if he's the 1st rd pick.

Torn labrum last season, and lost his dad before this season. Kid handles adversity a lot better than any current Wing aside from DBoss.

Rolo Tomassi

May 6, 2010
Yeah idk, when I think of small, I think of like, Raymond/Debrincat size bros... not dudes hovering around 200lbs and 6'0. More like under 5'10 and under 180lbs.
Not to split hairs, but Raymond is about average, or slightly below. Debrincat is a smurf and. gets tossed around far more, IMO.

HoweFan

Jan 10, 2017
I’m still taking Nygard with my first pick but with my second I’m now hoping for Surin. Do you think he will make to our pick? Unfortunately Lucas Fischer doesn’t usually make it to for my third. I guess we have more of a need for forwards.

Reactions: lilidk

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
I’m still taking Nygard with my first pick but with my second I’m now hoping for Surin. Do you think he will make to our pick? Unfortunately Lucas Fischer doesn’t usually make it to for my third. I guess we have more of a need for forwards.
You could never have enough guys like Mazur and Kasper

heyfolks

Apr 30, 2007
Sportsnet has a good summary of the first round talent.

My Pick: Cayden Lindstrom. If that is a miss, Liam Greentree.

Lindstrom is projected at 14 and the Wings are at 14. I know, a big reach. (Greentree is at 16)

Reactions: wings95

Rolo Tomassi

May 6, 2010
Sportsnet has a good summary of the first round talent.

My Pick: Cayden Lindstrom. If that is a miss, Liam Greentree.

Lindstrom is projected at 14 and the Wings are at 14. I know, a big reach. (Greentree is at 16)
Lindstrom is mostly predicted to go much earlier; I’d be shocked if he made it to our pick. One can dream though…

Reactions: wings95

Rzombo4 prez

May 17, 2012
Beckett Sennecke definitely. He's rising fast though, I just hope the top ~13 teams stick with the "household" draft names and Detroit pulls a fast one to get this very high skill winger.

Greentree is my 2nd go-to if not Sennecke.
Sennecke was skating like a giraffe the one time I watched this season. Is it getting any better? He did strike me as a smart player though.

Our Lady Peace

Aug 12, 2014
BC
Sennecke was skating like a giraffe the one time I watched this season. Is it getting any better? He did strike me as a smart player though.
Getting better, but he had a massive growth spurt as well. I'm optimistic on those types of players since he likely just needs time to fit into his bigger body and then usually the skating comes along

RedHawkDown

still trying to trust the yzerplan
Aug 26, 2011
Canada
I’d like MBN, Greentree, Sennecke in that order. Catton obviously if he somehow drops like Benson did. Connelly if the team investigates his character concerns and is satisfied with his outlook moving forward.

Getting both MBN and Surin would be fun though. A top 9 with Danielson, Kasper, Mazur, Surin, and MBN would be very hard to play against. Larkin, Raymond, and ASP for the offensive flair.

Reactions: The Zetterberg Era

Rzombo4 prez

May 17, 2012
I’d like MBN, Greentree, Sennecke in that order. Catton obviously if he somehow drops like Benson did. Connelly if the team investigates his character concerns and is satisfied with his outlook moving forward.

Getting both MBN and Surin would be fun though. A top 9 with Danielson, Kasper, Mazur, Surin, and MBN would be very hard to play against. Larkin, Raymond, and ASP for the offensive flair.
I would be fine with any of those three. I also like Basha a lot in terms of forward options.

letsgowings9999

May 13, 2023
Thanks to our play of late ppl can forget about most of the guys they have interest in unless we trade more picks to move up which I'd do in a heartbeat with our pool being so deep

Also we should be rooting for florida to win the division now over Boston if we make the playoffs just incase we actually go off and actually win a series and then hope bruins lose round 1 lol

Rolo Tomassi

May 6, 2010
So, unfortunately, the Wings fell just short of a playoff spot. On to the draft.

We know Chicago and Pittsburgh are picking first and second, but where can we reasonably expect the Wings to pick? I know this is supposed to be a great draft for defensemen, but I kind of hope we find a way to grab a talented forward in the first round.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad