WC: 2024 Czech team in Prague!

martygod12

Oct 27, 2019
I'm afraid US in the QF is the most realistic outcome at the moment unless we ride high after Pastrnak arrival and pull an upset.
I think its very real that Fins will defeat Swiss, they are at a high risk of not even advancing to QF and will play at 110%. Swiss then wont get in front of us regardless of our result with Canada. But we cant rely on this. We have to win over Canada some time finally. Its 14f***in years at WCH since our last win. So why not this year with Pasta on the team?

Probably the best result would be to win in the OT and Swiss lose at least a point with Finland. So we stay 2nd and avoid US and Sweden, but also not getting Slovaks, which would be a huge pain in the ass also this year imo. Best out of the group B to get is Germany imo, which will very likely end up 3rd

Reactions: Czechboy

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
1716212061886.png

Lines from practice today...

So what i'm seeing is that Zacha and Pasta are taking the spots of Kondelik and Stransky. I could be wrong of course but that's how it looks to me.

I would argue the Cervus line is line 3 though. Really curious how it works out and if it works out.

That US quarter looms... agree that the FInn's will be desperate against the Swiss and had a great game against Canada to build on. Lots of scenarios but it is nice to know if we win in regulation then we don't care what anyone else does.

Kampf said it was the hit in the last game and that he is fine for next game.

Reactions: martygod12

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
And, for fun, Imagine this line up with Vrana, Zadina, Nosek and Zohorna on it.lol

You could have Vrana/Kase/Kampf again
A fourth line of Zadina/Kampf/Nosek.

Jokes aside... this is getting close to our World Cup team.. basically we are missing Hronek and Jiricek. Faksa, Blumel and not much else. Chytil.

We are damn close to our best possible players available.

martygod12

Oct 27, 2019
And, for fun, Imagine this line up with Vrana, Zadina, Nosek and Zohorna on it.lol

Jokes aside... this is getting close to our World Cup team.. basically we are missing Hronek and Jiricek. Faksa, Blumel and not much else. Chytil.

It's close, I would say if we go for 2026 og already, we missing Hertl, Chytil, Faksa, Kulich, Zadina/Blumel in the front

In D Hronek,Jiricek maybe Svozil/Tichacek by that time also? But Hronek and Jiricek is like 70% of our D strength right now lol, so D is far from the strongest possible here :D

GKs are pretty much set

So that give you around 7-9 players missing which is still a lot, but with Pasta on the team yeah, I would say this is 70-75% of the best we can field

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
It's close, I would say if we go for 2026 og already, we missing Hertl, Chytil, Faksa, Kulich, Zadina/Blumel in the front

In D Hronek,Jiricek maybe Svozil/Tichacek by that time also? But Hronek and Jiricek is like 70% of our D strength right now lol, so D is far from the strongest possible here :D

GKs are pretty much set

So that give you around 7-9 players missing which is still a lot, but with Pasta on the team yeah, I would say this is 70-75% of the best we can field
Forgot about Hertl! But I did mean more if there were a 2024 best on best .. this team is close to it. I'm assumign this is Cervus's swan song as well.

Usually only small nations with limited NHLers can send this close to an A team at the Skoda's. We are damn near close here.

Of your list.. Kulich and Zadina were available. So was Tichachek.

On a good note.. while they won't win any awards.. our D has been solid and unspectacular which is about the most they can do. I have rarely bitched about any of them and they are just quietly doing their jobs back there. We haven't had too many atrocious goals against either (drunk Mrazek for 2 I guess.lol). It's been a real good tourney so far. Quarters scare the shit out of me though.lol

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
The offense is ridiculously stacked. This team can win it all, although the defense is much weaker.
We need a Nemec, Seider, Josi type and they wouldn't give us Jiricek from AHL as he'd change our D pretty quick.

MrazeksVengeance

VENGEANCE
Feb 27, 2018

Kinda nice… but kinda sad.

Reactions: Goodman68

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
Read a funny one on Twitter...

Hadamczak should introduce himself as the man that got Zacha on the NT.lol

• Haha
Reactions: Swipes

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
Also, Nedved is the best GM. He made a lot of players available and looked all over for talent. He seems to really understand the role.

Rulik has been masterful as I honestly don't have much to bitch about during the games. A lack of finish was the big thing but we were always getting shots. Now we have at least 2 guys that might be able to finish a little more effectively.

1716215504001.png

We are the only nation with a Top 5 NHL scoroer.. and a Top 10 and a Top 15... next guy is Matthew Tckahcuk at 20 I believe.

Looking at our NHL guys...

1716215727025.png

Yellow means they are here.. blue means cut and unhighted means unavailable.

Also what a shit NHL year for us in general.lol

martygod12

Oct 27, 2019
Also, Nedved is the best GM. He made a lot of players available and looked all over for talent. He seems to really understand the role.

Rulik has been masterful as I honestly don't have much to bitch about during the games. A lack of finish was the big thing but we were always getting shots. Now we have at least 2 guys that might be able to finish a little more effectively.

View attachment 873483

We are the only nation with a Top 5 NHL scoroer.. and a Top 10 and a Top 15... next guy is Matthew Tckahcuk at 20 I believe.

Looking at our NHL guys...

View attachment 873485

Yellow means they are here.. blue means cut and unhighted means unavailable.

Also what a shit NHL year for us in general.lol
Sweden and US brought stacked rosters, Slovaks and Swiss are here at almost full strength. Now we also got close to the best we can field. Canada is always stacked no matter what team they bring.

Really great and high quality tournament so far and the playoffs will be on fire

Finns went the other way with the euro squad and it's backfiring at them like crazy lol.

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
Finns went the other way with the euro squad and it's backfiring at them like crazy lol.
Would you want them in quarters. Finn's look right on track to upset someone soon to my eye. This is who they are. If it ends with them vs Sweden.. I got that at 50-50 despite the paper roster differences. This is exactly how Kari runs things. Them beating the Swiss clean would also be nice.

dryz

Feb 10, 2011
Czechia
I think its very real that Fins will defeat Swiss, they are at a high risk of not even advancing to QF and will play at 110%.
Could happen but I don't trust Fins against this stacked Swiss team. They will be on their second of back to back as well. Was Fiala suspended? :D

There could also be an upset in Ostrava group. Slovaks were not happy yesterday with the conditions there and temps will be pretty high tomorrow. Sweden is struggling with France right now.

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
Could happen but I don't trust Fins against this stacked Swiss team. They will be on their second of back to back as well. Was Fiala suspended? :D

There could also be an upset in Ostrava group. Slovaks were not happy yesterday with the conditions there and temps will be pretty high tomorrow. Sweden is struggling with France right now.
Noticed Nemec is not happy with Ostrava!

• Haha

Goodman68

Jul 11, 2016
When it comes to Jiříček, I've been looking at what Columbus fans are writing about him on purpose and let me tell you, it's definitely not as positive as many think. There are questions about his next NHL season, his strength, his defensive skills, his skating (of course)..:help:

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
When it comes to Jiříček, I've been looking at what Columbus fans are writing about him on purpose and let me tell you, it's definitely not as positive as many think. There are questions about his next NHL season, his strength, his defensive skills, his skating (of course)..:help:
Maybe true but he's still easily our 3rd best Dman.lol

Reactions: Goodman68

martygod12

Oct 27, 2019
I will say that on the one hand, he clearly wasn't ready yet for NHL this season it seemed. He needs to work on his game more, especially his skating and defensive play. Of course

On the other hand, I think Blues weren't using him right this season. They slapped him somewhere in the third pair mostly, with limited ice time, gave him more defensive role which doesn't suit him that much imo. And especially didn't give him any PP time on the blue line, where he could have make use of probably his biggest strength, his shot.

And he is still a 20yrs old D averaging what ? 0.7ppg in AHL and being a crucial player there .. I think there is no reason to worry yet. He needs to get a proper chance with the Blues, 20+ minutes a game and serious PP time. If he fails after that, then there will be reason to worry

martygod12

Oct 27, 2019
Noticed Nemec is not happy with Ostrava!
Nemec and Slafkovsky sometimes feels like they are bit full of themselves lol. Already thinking they are some big stars, eventhough they haven't achieved anything yet.

I mean a like the guys and wish them a very successful careers in NHL, but bitching on conditions is a bit lame imo. They are always the same for all players lol

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018

Not official but I do like it. Obviously stransky is a better offensive player than beranek and Flek but they probably have special team assignments. Tomasek is excellent on.draws and probably pp2. Flek is PK. I'd guess beranek is too??? That is a beautiful top 9

patas92

Nov 29, 2019
Kempny and Krejcik are our worst Dmen by far. Every time they are on the ice you pray that they wont do any stupid foul or mistake and yet they are basically only ones playing in overtime. Can anybody explain this to me?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad