WC: 2024 Czech team in Prague!

Old Man Jags

Mar 25, 2006
Necas is out of the SC (having been 3-1 up in the game; 3-5 in the end). Any possibility he will decline to join the team? I am hoping he is already packed and on his way to the airport!

Reactions: Swipes and Czechboy

Petey But Really Jim

SMD
Sponsor
May 3, 2021
Necas is out of the SC (having been 3-1 up in the game; 3-5 in the end). Any possibility he will decline to join the team? I am hoping he is already packed and on his way to the airport!

you're tellin me, you've been on here since 2006 with the name old man jags, and the man is now 18 years older

bitchin

Goodman68

Jul 11, 2016
I also think that playing at home gives us that extra confidence boost and effort level.
That's for sure too. But I believe that the team would play in a similar way anywhere else. Rulík has to attack in the coach's DNA.

Reactions: Swipes

Old Man Jags

Mar 25, 2006
you're tellin me, you've been on here since 2006 with the name old man jags, and the man is now 18 years older

bitchin
Yes, he is 18 years older and still playing, completely nuts. He was "Old" man Jags already in 2006 compared to other hockey players at his level at the time, and he's still around, playing the occasional game in the Czech league.

That's for sure too. But I believe that the team would play in a similar way anywhere else. Rulík has to attack in the coach's DNA.
Then why did Rulik exclude some of the creating attacking players, good goal scorers, offensively minded defenders etc? Still much better than the depressing dreariness of Kari Jalonnen's game of course.

Goodman68

Jul 11, 2016
Yes, he is 18 years older and still playing, completely nuts. He was "Old" man Jags already in 2006 compared to other hockey players at his level at the time, and he's still around, playing the occasional game in the Czech league.

Then why did Rulik exclude some of the creating attacking players, good goal scorers, offensively minded defenders etc? Still much better than the depressing dreariness of Kari Jalonnen's game of course.
I thought that Vrána, for example, should have been in the team based on his performances in the preliminaries. But that player has some playing history and maybe the coach didn't trust him to fight for the team like the players who remained in the nomination. It should be noted that the team is not formed according to the Canadian points obtained. I also thought some of the defenders being taken out was debatable, that's all true. That's why I was quite skeptical about what to expect from the team. But he pleasantly surprised me. They are playing actively, if they succeed today, they are certain of the quarter-finals. Considering how strong the team is on paper, Rulík et al. good job again..

martygod12

Oct 27, 2019
Okay so now I am expecting a chain of good news nothing else:

During the day today Necas is announced he is coming > then calm W against Austria > in the night Florida defeats Boston > during tommorow Pasta and Zacha are announced they are coming > in the evening W over GB > we go to the game with Canada with 15 points, boosted with Necas, Pasta, Zacha and playing for 1st place in the group lets goo :D

And now watch it go like this:

Necas wont come do to some hidden injury > we lose against Austria in OT/SO > Boston wins and overturn the series yet > we get some nervous W against GB > we go to the game with Canada with 12-13 points, lose and finish 3rd/4th in the group > Sweden or USA completely destroy us in the QF :D

If you have to bet, which scenario would you say is more likely lol?

Goodman68

Jul 11, 2016

During the day today Necas is announced he is coming > then calm W against Austria > in the night Florida defeats Boston > during tommorow Pasta and Zacha are announced they are coming > in the evening W over GB > we go to the game with Canada with 15 points, boosted with Necas, Pasta, Zacha and playing for 1st place in the group lets goo :D

Necas wont come do to some hidden injury > we lose against Austria in OT/SO > Boston wins and overturn the series yet > we get some nervous W against GB > we go to the game with Canada with 12-13 points, lose and finish 3rd/4th in the group > Sweden or USA completely destroy us in the QF :D

Maybe it will be a compromise between the two options:D

Reactions: martygod12

Old Man Jags

Mar 25, 2006

Pretty much my expectation. And isn't Necas out of contract?

Reactions: Czechboy

Old Man Jags

Mar 25, 2006
I really didn't expect anything else. Martin Nečas is not Pavel Zacha..
Thank goodness he is not Zacha!!

I hope you guys can add Necas, usually the exit interviews, medicals etc. take time so I think he couldn't confirm joining before he gets the OK from Canes
Yes, that is what I am mostly worried about. Some last minute issue because of the Canes, rather than Necas being unwilling to go.

swissdude

May 18, 2019
but usually that's also a reason to decline since they want to avoid an injury which would weaken their position in contract negotiations

Reactions: Czechboy

martygod12

Oct 27, 2019
Canes have no power here as Necas doesn't have a contract for 2024/25.
Exactly thats what we kinda forgetting, Canes really dont have a much say in this imo since he is basically a free agent now .. or idk how it goes if your contract ended and you havent resigned with the team yet

Goodman68

Jul 11, 2016
Canes have no power here as Necas doesn't have a contract for 2024/25.
Unfortunately, this is not true. I copy and translate the text:
Although his contract is expiring, he will still be a PROTECTED free agent. This means that if the two parties do not come to an agreement before this deadline, Carolina will still hold the rights to it. If another team offered Nečas a contract, it would have to be a so-called "offer-sheet", which Nečas would have to accept, and the Hurricanes would then have 7 days to match the offer. If they don't match, they will get some compensation (draft picks) from the other club.

According to his father, he has a fracture:rolleyes: But he wants to come. However, it is clear that nothing is certain at all.

Reds4Life

Dec 24, 2007
Unfortunately, this is not true. I copy and translate the text:
Although his contract is expiring, he will still be a PROTECTED free agent. This means that if the two parties do not come to an agreement before this deadline, Carolina will still hold the rights to it. If another team offered Nečas a contract, it would have to be a so-called "offer-sheet", which Nečas would have to accept, and the Hurricanes would then have 7 days to match the offer. If they don't match, they will get some compensation (draft picks) from the other club.

According to his father, he has a fracture:rolleyes: But he wants to come. However, it is clear that nothing is certain at all.

Nah, you're incorrect.

Necas is not signed, so Carolina has absolutely no say in whether he goes or not.

Canes only have the right to negotiate with him first, that's it.

Reactions: BigBadBoar

Swipes

Ice Hockey World Champions 2024!
Apr 13, 2010
Nečas said that he wants to show himself to scouts at the WC?
According to Robert Rampa he implied this. Not sure how reliable he is as a source.

But I agree that scouts should have more than enough info on him!

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
As we all click 'refresh' on our twitter waiting for Necas... the big dogs have all played 4 games and here are the pools

1715955607325.png

1715955637003.png

Obviously, lots of matchups left and things will change but Swedens reward for 1st would be Finland. Swiss would get US. We'd get Slovakia and Canada would get Latvia.

Just a fun experiment. I read an article on IIHF.... and they pointed out that Group A gets screwed because the winner will, most likely, get one of Swiss, Czechs, Finns and Canada - what a brutal crossover for first.lol

Latvia has had all their easy matches so I expect them to drop. I also expect the US to be exceptional in the quarters regardless of what they do in the round robin.

I'm thrilled with Czechs not losing in regulation and battling so well. Really enjoyed it and hopefully we can eke out a win against the goal scoring Austrian's today!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad