Michal Kempný (HC Sparta Praha),
Radko Gudas (Anaheim Ducks, NHL),
Jan Rutta (San Jose Sharks, NHL),
Tomáš Kundrátek (HC Oceláři Třinec),
Libor Hájek (HC Dynamo Pardubice),
Jan Ščotka (HC Kometa Brno),
Jakub Krejčík (HC Sparta Praha),
David Špaček (Iowa Wild, AHL)

Ondřej Beránek (HC Energie Karlovy Vary)
Radan Lenc (HV71, SWE)
Matěj Stránský (HC Davos, SWI)
Michal Kovařčík (Mikkelin Jukurit, FIN)
David Kämpf (Toronto Maple Leafs, NHL)
Roman Červenka (SC Rapperswil-Jona Lakers, SWI),
David Tomášek (Färjestad BK, SWE),
Jakub Flek (HC Kometa Brno),
Jáchym Kondelík (Banes Motor České Budějovice),
Ondřej Kaše (HC VERVA Litvínov),
Dominik Kubalík (Ottawa Senators, NHL),
Ondřej Palát, (New Jersey Devils),
Lukáš Sedlák (HC Dynamo Pardubice),
Daniel Voženílek (HC Oceláři Třinec),
Pavel Kousal (HC Sparta Praha).

Is this the correct roster? Krejcik and Scotka wtf?
Krejcik, Scotka, Beranek, Kovarckik, Flek ... those should not be there > instead of them Tichacek, Kral/Galvas, Vrana, Nosek, Rychlovsky (why did we cut him out also ffs, he was at least young interesting player, so much better then to watch burn out Beranek with Flek again)

Reactions: Czechboy

Czechboy

Cole is the real MVP!
Apr 15, 2018
So noted AHL bust Kondelik just beat out zohorna, Nosek, zadina and Vrana for a 4th line role.

martygod12

Oct 27, 2019
So noted AHL bust Kondelik just beat out zohorna, Nosek, zadina and Vrana for a 4th line role.
He actually dont bother me, he played well and he is at least interesting to watch with some potential for the future. I dont mind guys like this, I mind those 29+ old mid guys from ELH who are completely boring, weak and have absolutelly zero potential for the future. They are there just taking space out of younger and equally good players

We now must completely pray Pasta and Zacha, and better also Necas, Jiricek all gets kicked out. or its a group bye bye for us, with some luck maybe some QF thrashing from Sweden or US lol

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
Different times, the gap between NHL and Europe was much smaller back then. Not a lot of NHL guys for other teams beside Russia too. Plus we had really top players in Europe, who were really elite.
It was an olympics year, so there were far fewer NHLers available. With that said, Russia or Canada (esp. Russia) should have won the gold considering their rosters.

Malkin, Ovi, Kovalchuk, Datsyuk In their primes alongside Fedorov, Semin, Varlamov, Kulikov, etc.? How do you lose. :laugh:

Reactions: Eye of Ra

martygod12

Oct 27, 2019
It was an olympics year, so there were far fewer NHLers available. With that said, Russia or Canada (esp. Russia) should have won the gold considering their rosters.

Malkin, Ovi, Kovalchuk, Datsyuk In their primes alongside Fedorov, Semin, Varlamov, Kulikov, etc.? How do you lose. :laugh:
It was pure luck also, I remember that game, they very outplaying us like crazy, but Vokoun completely shut it down and we scored 2 goals out of like 4 chances :D

9 out of 10 games we would probably lose like 5-6:1 but that was that one game lol

Playmaker82

May 2, 2023
Norway
Tichacek, Vrana and Rychlovsky in for Scotka, Lenc and Flek/Beranek/Kondelik. The rest is quite ok to be fair. The problem now is that there is ZERO top players with some flair, while there is a logjam of "middle, boring but hardworking" players.

Voodoozz

Czechmate
Feb 22, 2016
Pilsen
www.youtube.com
I didn't expect this from Rulík, thought he'd be much bolder. They virtually have only 1 goalscorer in Kubalík (who's coming off an abysmal season) and ZERO offensive defensemen (I'm not even sure D.Špaček actually gets to play). Semifinal would be a tremendeous success for this roster.

martygod12

Oct 27, 2019
Reason for cutting Vrana is: "ale nepřijel v takové formě, jakou bychom si představovali"

Lol and what did Kubalik show? Absolutely nothing.
I dont know which team they were watching, but Vrana was one of the best of our attackers lol. Better then Kubalik agree, miles better then Lenc who is probably going instead of him

I didn't expect this from Rulík, thought he'd be much bolder. They virtually have only 1 goalscorer in Kubalík (who's coming off an abysmal season) and ZERO offensive defensemen (I'm not even sure D.Špaček actually gets to play). Semifinal would be a tremendeous success for this roster.
He disapointed me very much, I expected much bolder and offensive lineup from him. This is disgusting Kari shitshow of mid defensive players all over again

Reactions: Czechboy

Voodoozz

Czechmate
Feb 22, 2016
Pilsen
www.youtube.com
I dont know which team they were watching, but Vrana was one of the best of our attackers lol. Better then Kubalik agree, miles better then Lenc who is probably going instead of him

He disapointed me very much, I expected much bolder and offensive lineup from him. This is disgusting Kari shitshow of mid defensive players all over again
I still firmly believe Rulík is a great coach with great philosophy. Maybe he can pull off a Jukka Jalonen miracle with bunch of "average" euro players. Maybe. I doubt it when I look at the current team versus the other top nations. Now, If we finally get "lucky" with the NHL playoffs - some combo of Necas, Pastrnak, Zacha, or Hertl would completely change the look of this team (and Hronek/Jiricek of course). I hope they keep open as many roster spots as possible.

BigBadBoar

Dec 20, 2017
Pardubice
I still firmly believe Rulík is a great coach with great philosophy. Maybe he can pull off a Jukka Jalonen miracle with bunch of "average" euro players. Maybe. I doubt it when I look at the current team versus the other top nations. Now, If we finally get "lucky" with the NHL playoffs - some combo of Necas, Pastrnak, Zacha, or Hertl would completely change the look of this team (and Hronek/Jiricek of course). I hope they keep open as many roster spots as possible.
Rulík is an extremely system-oriented coach. Always has been like that. Individual skills are not the main quality for him, but the players' ability to work within the system he believes in. Also, I quite understand the extremely defensively minded roster. If he had Pastrňák and Zacha available, or Nečas, or Hertl, he would probably compose the team quite diferently. But given the fact he simply hadn't any typical goal scorer available (Kubalík has been cold the entire season, Vrána got his chance but wasn't looking good), it was reasonable to put together a team like this. Defensive, physically strong. Rulík is an experienced coach who knew he didn't have players to form a line-up which could play an open game vs. the top teams. The only chance is to play tough, well organized, and hope for some "ugly" goals to come.

PS: I noticed Alois Hadamczik literally said during the press conference he wants the players to "hate their opponents". Seriously, that man went a complete psycho and a shame for Czech hockey.

Reactions: Voodoozz

Voodoozz

Czechmate
Feb 22, 2016
Pilsen
www.youtube.com
Rulík is an extremely system-oriented coach. Always has been like that. Individual skills are not the main quality for him, but the players' ability to work within the system he believes in. Also, I quite understand the extremely defensively minded roster. If he had Pastrňák and Zacha available, or Nečas, or Hertl, he would probably compose the team quite diferently. But given the fact he simply hadn't any typical goal scorer available (Kubalík has been cold the entire season, Vrána got his chance but wasn't looking good), it was reasonable to put together a team like this. Defensive, physically strong. Rulík is an experienced coach who knew he didn't have players to form a line-up which could play an open game vs. the top teams. The only chance is to play tough, well organized, and hope for some "ugly" goals to come.

PS: I noticed Alois Hadamczik literally said during the press conference he wants the players to "hate their opponents". Seriously, that man went a complete psycho and a shame for Czech hockey.
I understand where you're coming from. Still, I think he went too over the top with the emphasis on big defensive-minded players. You need skating in international hockey. I don't really get why he sent Tichacek home for instance... he was by far the most creative defenseman on the team, and he wasn't too bad on defense either. Yeah he's a smaller guy but he's very good at defending the rush. I remember him stopping Bedard 1v1 like 3 times in the U20 gold medal game. It's hard for me to imagine Bedard vs Ščotka/Krejčík on the rush:laugh: but maybe they'll surprise us all.

BigBadBoar

Dec 20, 2017
Pardubice
I understand where you're coming from. Still, I think he went too over the top with the emphasis on big defensive-minded players. You need skating in international hockey. I don't really get why he sent Tichacek home for instance... he was by far the most creative defenseman on the team, and he wasn't too bad on defense either. Yeah he's a smaller guy but he's very good at defending the rush. I remember him stopping Bedard 1v1 like 3 times in the U20 gold medal game. It's hard for me to imagine Bedard vs Ščotka/Krejčík on the rush:laugh: but maybe they'll surprise us all.
Yes, the omission of Ticháček is something I don't agree with. I don't think skating should be a problem of this team, most of the players are very good skaters. Creativity and finishing may be the problem. The coaches clearly saw it coming, that was why they invited Vrána for the camp. I was hoping Vrána would show up, but it was rather a disappointment.

Czechboy

Cole is the real MVP!
Apr 15, 2018
Different times, the gap between NHL and Europe was much smaller back then. Not a lot of NHL guys for other teams beside Russia too. Plus we had really top players in Europe, who were really elite.
And Jagr and vokoun both in great form!

Reactions: martygod12

martygod12

Oct 27, 2019
Yes, the omission of Ticháček is something I don't agree with. I don't think skating should be a problem of this team, most of the players are very good skaters. Creativity and finishing may be the problem. The coaches clearly saw it coming, that was why they invited Vrána for the camp. I was hoping Vrána would show up, but it was rather a disappointment.
Vrana was disaspoinment lol? He was very visible in those games against Slovakia, and at czech games one of the few who at least tried to create something and. I could name more then half of the team which was more dissapointing and invisible then him.

Omission of him and Tichacek is completely ridiculous and it will cost us. Only thing that can save this mistake is one or preferably two of the Hertl, Necas, Pasta, Zacha coming and of course in the defense one of the duo Hronek, Jiricek coming.

Thats probably the only optimistic thing about this nomination. As I understand they kept places open for all of them, so there is still chance to get at least something from this currently very average team.

Reactions: Goodman68

FinPanda

Team Finland 2022 WHC champions
Mar 13, 2014
Vaasa, Finland
Czechs seems to have weakness on defence. Seems to be the case every year. You guys should have enough offence but it is the same guys in defence making mistakes. Thankfully you have some good defenceman prospects at least.

I remember that one Czech defender making a lot of mistakes and Finland just kept scoring while he was on the ice. I don't remember his name though.

martygod12

Oct 27, 2019
Czechs seems to have weakness on defence. Seems to be the case every year. You guys should have enough offence but it is the same guys in defence making mistakes. Thankfully you have some good defenceman prospects at least.

I remember that one Czech defender making a lot of mistakes and Finland just kept scoring while he was on the ice. I don't remember his name though.
Scotka, Krejcik, Zabransky ? You can take your pick, those are just training dummies on skates ... yet we somehow still prefer them in favor of actuall quality and creative defenders like Tichacek, Kral or Galvas

Reactions: FinPanda

Swipes

Apr 13, 2010
Reason for cutting Vrana is: "ale nepřijel v takové formě, jakou bychom si představovali"

Lol and what did Kubalik show? Absolutely nothing.
They just picked from a list of pre-written excuses.

I'm terrified of seeing Krejcik. He was terrible in the past, I can't imagine how he's going to be now...

Our defense has been dire for years. At least there are prospects, but there have also been prospects in the past, and yet the situation remains the same lol. Shame about Tichacek, thought he'd make it.

Czechboy

Cole is the real MVP!
Apr 15, 2018
So how many guys from Extraliga? Like half? I'm absolutely convinced there is some mandate that says half the team must be Extraliga. Hasn't worked once... Not f***en once. But sure.. let's try it again.

Team seems slow, old and uncreative. I said repeatedly that I liked the U18 team despite results. Not even factoring in 3 insanely strong opponents (then Swiss and Slovakia looking good) ... I would hate this team every single time.

I'll cheer to the end but I just can't see much success at all. Quarters and an easy out because we have no game breakers and no one will be able to score. Expect 3-2 type games against the weaker opponents. And blowouts against the rest. 7th.

martygod12

Oct 27, 2019
I think it was Scotka. Its sad to see.
Czech hockey is in clinical death right now, and sadly its also the coaches and staff who refuses to help him revive.

We need a generational substitute in the NT, but czech hockey leaders refuses to see that. They are so afraid of doing something new, something bold and exciting, only thing they manage to do is year after year relying on the same average, burned out players, who never won anything, and always dissapointed, we will never get anywhere unless we finally scratch those.

We need to finally scratch those 28+ unwinning generation and go for the young guys, new guys, and rely on experience only from NHL.

From europe only take exceptional and young promising players. That is the way.

Not Scotkas, Krejciks, Fleks etc. year after year again, who never won anything and are always average at best.

Its the cancer of czech hockey, that brutal conservativness and fear of doing something new and innovative. No always play it safe, doesnt matter it sucks and doesnt work. But just dont risk and play it safe. Stupid mentality.

Reactions: FinPanda

FinPanda

Team Finland 2022 WHC champions
Mar 13, 2014
Vaasa, Finland
Czech hockey is in clinical death right now, and sadly its also the coaches and staff who refuses to help him revive.

We need a generational substitute in the NT, but czech hockey leaders refuses to see that. They are so afraid of doing something new, something bold and exciting, only thing they manage to do is year after year relying on the same average, burned out players, who never won anything, and always dissapointed, we will never get anywhere unless we finally scratch those.

We need to finally scratch those 28+ unwinning generation and go for the young guys, new guys, and rely on experience only from NHL.

From europe only take exceptional and young promising players. That is the way.

Not Scotkas, Krejciks, Fleks etc. year after year again, who never won anything and are always average at best.

Its the cancer of czech hockey, that brutal conservativness and fear of doing something new and innovative. No always play it safe, doesnt matter it sucks and doesnt work. But just dont risk and play it safe. Stupid mentality.
Finland has a bit of generation change in the current team but it is only because most of the old players told Jalonen no this time. I guess you only get that change when they decide to retire from hockey. I thought Jalonen would bring something new for your team but he was fired so quickly.. I mean he probably wasn't gonna bring gold every year but I think he was given up on little too quickly. I do understand why they fired him though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad