WC: 2024 Czech team in Prague!

Czechboy

Cole is the real MVP!
Apr 15, 2018
It is as it is. We currently lack the depth. The team can still be performing good. As I said above, it is a tournament, not a league. But on paper we can't compete with Canada, Sweden, United States.
I meant about O2 TV.lol I wanted to watch the final legally.

GettingYourMoms

Jun 6, 2018
First time in history, 38yo Cervenka is going to be best player of team Czechia. Voracek done, Vrana dope and done, Krejci done, Ondrej Glass Kase done, Palat washed out, Zadina bust, Kaut bust, Zboril and Hajek busts, and other bums from extraliga. Anybody like Kulich, Rousek Blumel or R. Zohorna would make massive difference.

Mirinho

Jan 23, 2007
First time in history, 38yo Cervenka is going to be best player of team Czechia. Voracek done, Vrana dope and done, Krejci done, Ondrej Glass Kase done, Palat washed out, Zadina bust, Kaut bust, Zboril and Hajek busts, and other bums from extraliga. Anybody like Kulich, Rousek Blumel or R. Zohorna would make massive difference.
We all know that, but you are too pesimistic 😂 with such considerations, we can immediately stop watching the national team and start watching another sport 😂 but I agree with your last sentence 😂

Reactions: Swipes and Czechboy

martygod12

Oct 27, 2019
Definitely agree we lack some real stars from NHL, agree Kulich, Blumel etc. would be great additions even from AHL ... but I would not say bums from extraliga .. some interesting players there too like Sedlak, Kase, from the young ones Rychlovsky or Tichacek

It will still be more then enough to play with anyone except for Canada, US and probably Sweden. But Sweden stars often tend to flop at WCH so I think there is a chance too. I would say that QF against Sweden would be like 65-35% for them. 55-45% if Pasta and Zacha get knocked out in round two and come later lol

Sedlák will probably be invited from Pardubice, and maybe David Musil. Voženílek, Kundrátek have a chance from Třinec. Nobody else, I would say. Guys who would join from now on, from whatever league, would have to be significantly better than players on the current camp roster. So, probably a few guys from the NHL, 3-4 from the Extraliga finals, maybe F.Král from Finland, and that will be it. It would make no sense to build a complete new team now. Or, more precisely: It would be reasonable if we had like 10 players on the Pastrňák, Zacha, Hertl, Hronek... level coming. But we don't.

Only O2TV Sport.
No David Musil pls, you said guys who should join from now on must really stand out, and Musil is a completely average defender.

Wooren

no longer perennial 4th place losers
May 17, 2015
Prague
I just want to see Chlapik and Kousal cut, they wouldn't hit an open net even if their life depended on it.

As a Sparta Prague fan, they can go kick rocks, especially Chlapik. Gotta laugh whenever I see this lazy bozo regarded as one of the elite players of Extraliga... :laugh::help:

Reactions: PanniniClaus

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
Definitely agree we lack some real stars from NHL, agree Kulich, Blumel etc. would be great additions even from AHL ... but I would not say bums from extraliga .. some interesting players there too like Sedlak, Kase, from the young ones Rychlovsky or Tichacek

It will still be more then enough to play with anyone except for Canada, US and probably Sweden. But Sweden stars often tend to flop at WCH so I think there is a chance too. I would say that QF against Sweden would be like 65-35% for them. 55-45% if Pasta and Zacha get knocked out in round two and come later lol

No David Musil pls, you said guys who should join from now on must really stand out, and Musil is a completely average defender.
Usa last gold was in the 50s. Sweden last gold was 2018. More like Usa stars tends to flop in wc.

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
US never sends out stars to WC though do they?
They do. 2018. We crushed them in semifinal. 6-0

Anyways, If Kubalik comes, dont worry. He had bad NHL season. But he is just 28.
He had 12 points last WC. He cant have lost all his skills in just 1 year.

Last edited:

martygod12

Oct 27, 2019
They do. 2018. We crushed them in semifinal. 6-0

Anyways, If Kubalik comes, dont worry. He had bad NHL season. But he is just 28.
12 points last WC. He cant have lost all his skills in just 1 year.
Oh yeah I forgot ... they beat us in QF 3:2 after that very unfortunate stumble from Hronek and Kane goal .. damn still stinks lol

Czechboy

Cole is the real MVP!
Apr 15, 2018
Hronek looking very I likely.. but Swiss might get Josi and Finn's might get Saros lol.

Someone bubble wrap Kampf and faksa.lol. That is about as good as it'll get unless they can ory jiricek or Kulich away which is about as likely as me playing for the Czechs in Prague.

Tomorrow is a press conference and it should be more clear after that. Also, we play kazakhistan and a win gets us 2nd in pool at U18.

martygod12

Oct 27, 2019
Hronek looking very I likely.. but Swiss might get Josi and Finn's might get Saros lol.

Someone bubble wrap Kampf and faksa.lol. That is about as good as it'll get unless they can ory jiricek or Kulich away which is about as likely as me playing for the Czechs in Prague.

Tomorrow is a press conference and it should be more clear after that. Also, we play kazakhistan and a win gets us 2nd in pool at U18.
Seems like the biggest chance is Hertl right now. Carolina, Boston and Vancouver are practically through. But I guess we will wait for the guys after the round 2. In the end it doesn't matter if they arrive game 1 or game 5 in the group stage. As long as they are there for the QF lol.

Rochester 1:1 .. Syracuse now playing two games at home so there is still chance. There is now that ridiculous 5day gap between the games lol.

I mean seriously do the use some ai generator to set up the dates or what lol? Even from the player perspective who would want to wait 5 f***in days between games especially in playoffs when you are in some tempo and in a zone.

Both teams are based in New York, that is even more ridiculous lol, there is even no traveling involved to justify such a crazy gap between games.

Goodman68

Jul 11, 2016
They were called
G Dostál, Mrázek, Vejmelka
D Gudas, Rutta
F Kubalík, Zadina, Zohorna, Palát, Nosek

Cut
Frodl, Klimeš, Málek
Galvas:skeptic:, Pyrochta, Šustr
Rychlovský, Filippi, Kantner

martygod12

Oct 27, 2019
Here is a complete nomination for Czech games

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240429-140412.png
    Screenshot_20240429-140412.png
    695.4 KB · Views: 4
Reactions: Eye of Ra

martygod12

Oct 27, 2019
So Vejmelka too, interesting and I guess no Rittich even if available.

Rutta confirmed that's really good

Zadina is there too curious to see if he makes the final nomination, Zohorna is there too very good. He was a nice addition last year.

Spacek and Tichacek made the cut, I love that.

But also some ridiculous names too sadly.like we talked before, the we will surely see some lol.

Zábranský, scotka, Krejcik why? Terrible defenders the weakest on the team

Beranek why? I really don't get why is this guy even in the nt. He is completely average even in extraliga. Flek and Lenc kinda meh, overaged players, don't have much to give to the team. Sure it's enough now in the friendlies, but they will be f***ed at WCH against NHL players.

Why cut rychlovsky and Galvas?

All and all good lineup, nice to see all the NA guys are confirmed. And I hope at least 90% of those ridiculous names I listed will be cut and won't make the final nomination

Last edited:
Reactions: Goodman68

Czechboy

Cole is the real MVP!
Apr 15, 2018
The Good - 3 NHL goalies... I legit don't care which one plays so I don't have to bitch about goalie choices. I love all 3!

Nice names to see are Rutta, Zohorna and Zadina. I would assume Rutta is a lock and the other 2 are trying out.

The bad - No Galvas, no Kral and the D is looking thin to me. Not devastating but was cheering for Rychlovsky. Not that I could say who he's better than to make the squad.

Forwards look better than I expected. Defensive oriented group.

Hoping to see at least Sedlak and one first round NHL added - Kampf or Faksa/Hertl.

Pretty happy so far.

martygod12

Oct 27, 2019
The Good - 3 NHL goalies... I legit don't care which one plays so I don't have to bitch about goalie choices. I love all 3!

Nice names to see are Rutta, Zohorna and Zadina. I would assume Rutta is a lock and the other 2 are trying out.

The bad - No Galvas, no Kral and the D is looking thin to me. Not devastating but was cheering for Rychlovsky. Not that I could say who he's better than to make the squad.

Forwards look better than I expected. Defensive oriented group.

Hoping to see at least Sedlak and one first round NHL added - Kampf or Faksa/Hertl.

Pretty happy so far.
I hope Kral is not in the team yet only because he ended only yesterday, same as guys from Pce, Tri

Really hope Rulik is not stupid and won't overlook Kral in favor of Scotka, Krejcik or Zábransky. Those are not even close to a WCH level

Reactions: Czechboy

Czechboy

Cole is the real MVP!
Apr 15, 2018
I hope Kral is not in the team yet only because he ended only yesterday, same as guys from Pce, Tri

Really hope Rulik is not stupid and won't overlook Kral in favor of Scotka, Krejcik or Zábransky. Those are not even close to a WCH level
I'm starting to wonder tbh. He just cut Galvas and he was damn near a lock for me! In the end, it won't matter that much as they are all so similar. I am probably just pissed as I wanted Galvas.lol

My guess today:

Gudas, Kempny, Rutta, Kundratek, Kral, Tichachek, Spacek,

Any AHL updates?

Mirinho

Jan 23, 2007
According to interview with Nedvěd, no chance for Kulich and Rousek even if they will be available. He said they are not proved in NT .... lol 😂 so no need to watch and cheer against Rochester.

Vegas won't let Hertl go to Prague (Nedved has some signals about this).

And the only last possible pieces from NA are Simek (still negotitating with GM of wings about him), Smejkal (who was injured few days ago, so it depends on this) and Jiricek. Jiricek has biggest chance from those 3.

+ They will hold 1 place for Pasta (to last possible moment)

Last edited:

martygod12

Oct 27, 2019
According to interview with Nedvěd, no chance for Kulich and Rousek even if they will be available. He said the are not proved in NT .... lol 😂 so no need to watch and cheer against Rochester.
Yeah lets bring hundret years old Lenc and Flek instead. They were so great last year so why not lol

Seem really stupid especially since Rulik personally knows what Kulich is capable of.

Today is one bombshell after another lol

Reactions: Mirinho

martygod12

Oct 27, 2019
On the other hand I read there is a chance Cleveland will free Jiricek for WCH .. but I dont want to give my hopes up

Czechboy

Cole is the real MVP!
Apr 15, 2018

Here is the interview.. Simek is a free agent and I have no idea why they wouldn't release him. Old veteran in AHL taking playing time from young players. Stupid.

Smejkal is playing Jiricek but he said they may release Jiricek.

If I could only have one between Kulich and Jiricek.. today I take Jiricek because we do have Kubalik and Vrana to be shooters (and Tomasek). Jiricek would immediately make our D better.. so let's hope that is true.

Not even considering Kulich is hillarious to me but they are trying to get AHL guys and Nedved has done a very good job in his defence.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $50.00
    Event closes