WC: 2024 Czech team in Prague!

Playmaker82

May 2, 2023
Norway
With Palat and Nosek, some players from european playoffs and likely Kampf and Faksa how would it look? (Not taking in Kubalik, Zadina pr now)

Cervenka - Spacek - Kase
Palat - Sedlak - Tomasek
Vrana - Faksa - Chlapik
Kampf - Nosek - Vozenilek
Rychlovsky

Gudas - Rutta
Kempny - Kral
Galvas - Tichacek
Hajek? Spacek? Kundratek?

Dostal
Mrazek

Something like this?

martygod12

Oct 27, 2019
Rough few days for them ... I'd be happy for them if they came back and won. They may be getting Cermak and fehervary very soon! Better D core than us in Prague potentially
Idk is Cernak and Fehervary really that much better then Gudas and Rutta? Idk also who they still can bring from euro Ds, but I think that euro core we have better

Edit: completely forgot Nemec, so yeah that NHL core they have better also larger lol, but euro Ds we have better imo, it could be very on par

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
With Palat and Nosek, some players from european playoffs and likely Kampf and Faksa how would it look? (Not taking in Kubalik, Zadina pr now)

Cervenka - Spacek - Kase
Palat - Sedlak - Tomasek
Vrana - Faksa - Chlapik
Rychlovsky

Gudas - Rutta
Kempny - Kral
Galvas - Tichacek

Dostal
Mrazek

Something like this?
That would be a very reasonable estimate. I know those NHLers are 3rd and 4th line in NHL but I'd imagine they could move up to Top 6 over the Euro's. Eg. Sedlak and Cervenka in their primes were also 3rd and 4th liners in NHL. Just my 2 cents though. Like that you kept Rychlovsky!

Reactions: Playmaker82

martygod12

Oct 27, 2019

Cervenka - Spacek - Kase
Palat - Sedlak - Tomasek
Vrana - Faksa - Chlapik
Rychlovsky

Gudas - Rutta
Kempny - Kral
Galvas - Tichacek

Dostal
Mrazek

Something like this?
Acutally doesnt look bad at all ... If we cant score any star from PO I would love the team to look like this ... but I am worried we can excpect some ridiculous names like Scotka, Sustr, Beranek, Lenc make the final lineup lol

martygod12

Oct 27, 2019
To add to this, I think maybe Kubalik is a real possibilty .. I would personaly take him, him and Vrana both had terrible seasons in the NHL, but they are just pure shooters and we need those

We need that Kubalik´s shot on the PP

martygod12

Oct 27, 2019
Just look at our lineup... lmao
Idk most guys from ELH, same as us. You played much better in the second, it was expected, that first period was ridiculous, second was much more on par given the current strength of both teams

And Zadina?
Idk those guys from Europe in that listed lineup are kinda no cut guys, I dont think they will not go in favor of Zadina, that must be guy like Pasta, Hertl, Necas etc. to push them from the team. But maybe I am wrong we will see

martygod12

Oct 27, 2019
Much better game from our side today. Yesterday we crushed the first period, but the second and third werent that good.

Today maybe except for the first 10 minutes we basically dominated the game. Only Skrovanek kept Slovaks from much worse beating.

Nice game. Spacek made some stupid mistakes but also had a lot of really good moments. Tichacek was good, he sometimes get outplayed in the back, but what he can do in the offense is amazing. If we dont get Hronek or Jiricek, he needs to be the guy on the PP, anything else is compeltely unreasonable.

Who should be cut: Sustr, Pyrochta, Scotka, Masin, Zabransky, Krejcik, Beranek, Flek, Lenc, O.Kovarcik, Kantner

Edit: also considering Mrazek and Dostal are coming, I would keep Malek and cut Frodl and Klimes

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Much better game from our side today. Yesterday we crushed the first period, but the second and third werent that good.

Today maybe except for the first 10 minutes we basically dominated the game. Only Skrovanek kept Slovaks from much worse beating.

Nice game. Spacek made some stupid mistakes but also had a lot of really good moments. Tichacek was good, he sometimes get outplayed in the back, but what he can do in the offense is amazing. If we dont get Hronek or Jiricek, he needs to be the guy on the PP, anything else is compeltely unreasonable.

Who should be cut: Sustr, Pyrochta, Scotka, Masin, Zabransky, Krejcik, Beranek, Flek, Lenc, O.Kovarcik, Kantner

Edit: also considering Mrazek and Dostal are coming, I would keep Malek and cut Frodl and Klimes
I'd like Zohorna to get a look tbh. He was good last year and suits this team well as he's a big body and has a good toolbox. I'd want it to be tryout though. But, for instance, he's much better at being Kondelik than Kondelik is. We will have a lot of guys that can't score but play real well on this team.lol

I'm 50-50 on whether Spacek or Tichachek make it.. I have them lower than Svozil and Jiricek for instance. I"m a big fan obviously and stylistically they are great but we are talking about a young and small Extraliga (barely) D and a very young AHL defender. However, they play a style I prefer vs our bigger, older and less active D. Curious what Rulik values. I'm still hoping for Hronek with Demko out. But he is RFA so not sure he'd come. I'm 90% certain I will like our final D nomination as there are 10 guys I like. Surely Rulik has to pick 6 of them?lol

Agree on Malek.. or Suchanek or Dobes. Exactly what I want as my 3. It will be Hrubec and he will get starts because it would be 'rude' to not play a Euro goalie in Europe.lol

Reactions: martygod12

martygod12

Oct 27, 2019
I'd like Zohorna to get a look tbh. He was good last year and suits this team well as he's a big body and has a good toolbox. I'd want it to be tryout though. But, for instance, he's much better at being Kondelik than Kondelik is. We will have a lot of guys that can't score but play real well on this team.lol

I'm 50-50 on whether Spacek or Tichachek make it.. I have them lower than Svozil and Jiricek for instance. I"m a big fan obviously and stylistically they are great but we are talking about a young and small Extraliga (barely) D and a very young AHL defender. However, they play a style I prefer vs our bigger, older and less active D. Curious what Rulik values. I'm still hoping for Hronek with Demko out. But he is RFA so not sure he'd come. I'm 90% certain I will like our final D nomination as there are 10 guys I like. Surely Rulik has to pick 6 of them?lol

Agree on Malek.. or Suchanek or Dobes. Exactly what I want as my 3. It will be Hrubec and he will get starts because it would be 'rude' to not play a Euro goalie in Europe.lol
Yeah Zohorna should come to get a look at Czech games for sure.

As for Spacek and Tichacek, sure I obviously too prefer Jiricek and Svozil, but there is like 10% chance they will be available. And I will take Tichacek and Spacek any day before the likes of Krejcik, Sustr, Pyrochta, Scotka etc. Sure they are young and make mistakes sometimes, but the older guys I mentioned are making the same stupid mistakes too lol, and in contrast to Tichacek and Spacek, they have absolutely nothing to compensate that in the front lol.

martygod12

Oct 27, 2019
Btw Vrana looked really good, obviously you can see that he is currently like a level down off what he used to be 2-3years ago, but I hope he can make a team. Maybe a good WCH can help him finally turn things around and he can still make a comeback to NHL and be on the same level he once was.

Reactions: Czechboy

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Yeah Zohorna should come to get a look at Czech games for sure.

As for Spacek and Tichacek, sure I obviously too prefer Jiricek and Svozil, but there is like 10% chance they will be available. And I will take Tichacek and Spacek any day before the likes of Krejcik, Sustr, Pyrochta, Scotka etc. Sure they are young and make mistakes sometimes, but the older guys I mentioned are making the same stupid mistakes too lol, and in contrast to Tichacek and Spacek, they have absolutely nothing to compensate that in the front lol.
It goes back to my tiers.lol

10-10 - Makar/Hughes/Josi - we don't have that!
9/10 - Pietrangelo, Doughty, Dobson, Bouchard - we don't have that!
8/10 - Hronek - we have one! I'd put Slovaks Cernak and Fehervary in here too.
7/10 - Gudas
6/10 - Rutta, Jiricek (today, don't yell at me but he was bottom pair in NHL and back and forth between AHL/NHL)
5/10 - Holy shit do we have 20 of these... from Tichachek to Kempny.

Guys that can't make the NHL today but are good.

Eg. Tichachek has so much more offence than Sustr and his potential is a million times higher. However, you can't teach Tichachek to have 300 NHL games experience and to be 7 feet tall. They are both flawed today. No idea which way the coahces go. And this isn't to say I don't think Tichachek can't become the next Gudas/Hronek level NHL (20 minute a night) defender but it's not today. He is most likely beginning in the AHL next year. So you could argue he's a year behind Spacek today.

And, I hope no one misinterprets this as I think they suck. Huge fan of our young guys. But we currently have a HUGE crop of guys that can't crack NHL rosters that are good in Extraliga or AHL.

Now look at the USA D and look at our best case scenario. They are sending 7's and 8's. Maybe even a 9. Power is an 8 and I don't think he's the top guy on Canada. Dahlin and Karrlsson oare 9's.lol

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Btw Vrana looked really good, obviously you can see that he is currently like a level down off what he used to be 2-3years ago, but I hope he can make a team. Maybe a good WCH can help him finally turn things around and he can still make a comeback to NHL and be on the same level he once was.
He was on a line with Tomasek and Kase. That would be a tremendous line to keep together! Has so much I like. Speed, 2 snipers and Kase is the guy to make it click.

I really do think we'll resemble a good Team Finland this year which is funny given we fired the Finnish coach.lol

martygod12

Oct 27, 2019
It goes back to my tiers.lol

10-10 - Makar/Hughes/Josi - we don't have that!
9/10 - Pietrangelo, Doughty, Dobson, Bouchard - we don't have that!
8/10 - Hronek - we have one! I'd put Slovaks Cernak and Fehervary in here too.
7/10 - Gudas
6/10 - Rutta, Jiricek (today, don't yell at me but he was bottom pair in NHL and back and forth between AHL/NHL)
5/10 - Holy shit do we have 20 of these... from Tichachek to Kempny.

Guys that can't make the NHL today but are good.

Eg. Tichachek has so much more offence than Sustr and his potential is a million times higher. However, you can't teach Tichachek to have 300 NHL games experience and to be 7 feet tall. They are both flawed today. No idea which way the coahces go. And this isn't to say I don't think Tichachek can't become the next Gudas/Hronek level NHL (20 minute a night) defender but it's not today. He is most likely beginning in the AHL next year. So you could argue he's a year behind Spacek today.

And, I hope no one misinterprets this as I think they suck. Huge fan of our young guys. But we currently have a HUGE crop of guys that can't crack NHL rosters that are good in Extraliga or AHL.

Now look at the USA D and look at our best case scenario. They are sending 7's and 8's. Maybe even a 9. Power is an 8 and I don't think he's the top guy on Canada. Dahlin and Karrlsson oare 9's.lol
Agree with the most except Cernak and Fehervary being 8/10 .. no chance they are on the same level as Hronek. 7/10 at best.

I usually agree with you on most things, but I just dont see anything that makes those two stand out

8/10 are guys like if I shoot the names Hronek, Seider (yet). Krug, McAvoy, Hanifin etc. no way Cernak and Fehervary are on the same level.

Btw Zaruba today talked about Rulik saying they want to go the "young" way, so hopefully that will be true.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Agree with the most except Cernak and Fehervary being 8/10 .. no chance they are on the same level as Hronek. 7/10 at best.

I usually agree with you on most things, but I just dont see anything that makes those two stand out

8/10 are guys like if I shoot the names Hronek, Seider (yet). Krug, McAvoy, Hanifin etc. no way Cernak and Fehervary are on the same level.

Btw Zaruba today talked about Rulik saying they want to go the "young" way, so hopefully that will be true.
Totally agree.. they are very good 20 minute a game defenders... so 7 out of 10. I did this while drinking coffee!lol 2 years ago, Simek was a 7 too. I figure Jiricek can get to a 9 with time. Svozil an 8. Spacek a 7. I love Tichachek but am really curious if he crack an NHL roster in his career consistently. NHL coaches love big dumb bodies on their third pair. So he has to crack Top 4. That is one hell of a leap. Today, if we had to pick one.. I'd take Spacek over Tichachek.

Youth will be interesting to see.. who's young at camp?lol Spacek, Tichachek, Rychlovsky, Zabransky and ??? I see a lot of old guys.lol

martygod12

Oct 27, 2019
Totally agree.. they are very good 20 minute a game defenders... so 7 out of 10. I did this while drinking coffee!lol 2 years ago, Simek was a 7 too. I figure Jiricek can get to a 9 with time. Svozil an 8. Spacek a 7. I love Tichachek but am really curious if he crack an NHL roster in his career consistently. NHL coaches love big dumb bodies on their third pair. So he has to crack Top 4. That is one hell of a leap. Today, if we had to pick one.. I'd take Spacek over Tichachek.

Youth will be interesting to see.. who's young at camp?lol Spacek, Tichachek, Rychlovsky, Zabransky and ??? I see a lot of old guys.lol
Tichacek could crack a couple seasons, but not everyone needs to be in NHL he can be a top Euro D we need those too. At least he will be available every year lol.

Malek, Kondelik, Kantner, Galvas, Kodytek (guys 24-25 I would say they are not old yet), more experienced guys sure, but also not that many very old guys like 33+ .. most of the guys are under 30 I would say or 30-31 ..

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad