Speculation: 2024 and 2025 big UFAs

Who should be prioritized in re-signing?

• Gustav Forsling

Votes: 61 83.6%
  • Brandon Montour

Votes: 17 23.3%
  • Aaron Ekblad

Votes: 6 8.2%
  • Sam Reinhart

Votes: 49 67.1%
  • Carter Verhaeghe

Votes: 50 68.5%
  • Sam Bennett

Votes: 21 28.8%

• Total voters

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
:mad:

Ok, how about Fat Pat? He's 11th on the trade bait board. Maybe he can be the villain who lived long enough to be the hero? :laugh:

Ekblad would not want to share the party platter my dude.

The fitness level OEL touted about would definitely go down the shitter along with the egg rolls and taco bell Pat and Aaron would be shittin lmfao

WaitingForThatCab

#1 Nick Cousins Fan Account
Mar 11, 2017
Pat Maroon looks cooked and our fans can't stand him. Then again, we did trade a 1st for Ben Chiarot.

Prominence Problem

"Some may never live, but the crazy never die."
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..

TotalHomer

Jan 3, 2022
Ekblad would not want to share the party platter my dude.

The fitness level OEL touted about would definitely go down the shitter along with the egg rolls and taco bell Pat and Aaron would be shittin lmfao

Yeah the team fitness would take a hit :laugh: Pat would introduce his diet to Ek who would have his career derailed permanently. Get one playoff run out of both and then ship them off in the summer.

Desert Panther

Resident Lurker
Jun 23, 2002
Frisco, TX
Visit site
Also the better cap flexibility move may be to keep OEL and let Montour walk.
OEL isn't going to get 6 years like Montour would and I'd hope in a few years we graduate some D prospects or have cap/ability sign some free agent D if need be.

OEL for 3-4 yrs X $4.5 mil may be better than Montour for 6 yrs X $5.5 to 6 mil?
For the extra mil, I think I'd rather resign Monty.

1) OEL is 32 (vs 29 for Monty) so the term is a wash.
2) I also think Monty is already a better defenseman that OEL who's on the downward swing of his career and showing a signs already of a few defensive holes even while playing a more sheltered role since Monty and Ek returned.

The big difference here is if Monty's 73pt season was an outlier or the new normal which is almost impossible to determine given his injury and the late start this season. Now if Monty's camp asks for $7-8mil, I completely agree we have to let him walk at that price.

Corey Perry available again. Zito should get that shit head on the team if he can still play.

I can see it now. Perry running around the ice in practice chirping guys like Shoresy.

"Hey Mackie, tell yer mom to stop calling me late night, Lundy's mom is gettin' mad!"

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
For the extra mil, I think I'd rather resign Monty.

1) OEL is 32 (vs 29 for Monty) so the term is a wash.
2) I also think Monty is already a better defenseman that OEL who's on the downward swing of his career and showing a signs already of a few defensive holes even while playing a more sheltered role since Monty and Ek returned.

The big difference here is if Monty's 73pt season was an outlier or the new normal which is almost impossible to determine given his injury and the late start this season. Now if Monty's camp asks for $7-8mil, I completely agree we have to let him walk at that price.

That's fair, they're both good defensemen in their own right.
Don't think Montour comes close to 70pts again but 50ish seems plausible and in his wheel house of ability with PP time.

Just more looking at term and cap flexibility with some big deals ahead in Forsling, Reinhart, Montour and then Verhaeghe and Bennett due the following year too.

Once Bob and Ekblads deals are gone, Zito should have a fair bit of room to remodel the defense and figure out goaltending situation with Knight or finding a more proven #1G

CHGoalie27

Don't blame the goalie!
Oct 5, 2009
SoFLA
Fat pat would be like a cancer walking in the dressing room. Don't foresee him being well liked on this team.
Unfair my dude, everyone that's ever played with him, that's shared an opinion of him, seems to love him.

We would love him. He's the exact type of heft we need for the good spring time fight. And if not him, one like him.

TotalHomer

Jan 3, 2022
I can see it now. Perry running around the ice in practice chirping guys like Shoresy.

"Hey Mackie, tell yer mom to stop calling me late night, Lundy's mom is gettin' mad!"

peukku.png

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
I like the Roslovic idea. The 3rd line needs an offensive injection. I like the idea of Perry 3 years ago, but I'm not sure he has the offense anymore to be a 3rd liner on a contender. Zetterlund and Tarasenko would be ok too . P Kane is still my first choice though.

CHGoalie27

Don't blame the goalie!
Oct 5, 2009
SoFLA
Who doesn’t love Shoresy? I was watching some Shoresy clips and I spit out my drink and choked. So many clips that could be used for Perry!!!!
Was it Shoresy or Letterkenny when he gave the shout out to the Boca Town Center Cheesecake Factory?

Anyway, am I stupid for thinking we can be ok without any deadline moves?

Reactions: violaswallet

WaitingForThatCab

#1 Nick Cousins Fan Account
Mar 11, 2017
Was it Shoresy or Letterkenny when he gave the shout out to the Boca Town Center Cheesecake Factory?

Anyway, am I stupid for thinking we can be ok without any deadline moves?

You're not stupid. I don't think this team desperately needs anything at the deadline, given what the asking price will be for what we need (a guy who can score goals) and what the team's capital looks like (nothing).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad