2024 7-Round NHL Mock Draft 1.0

My Cozen Dylan

Feb 21, 2014
Jacksonville, FL
If we're revisiting rules, can we look at tweaking the four picks minimum requirement to three? Maybe it's just me, but I feel like I'm always a team that has less than a starting seven and bumping up into that requirement more than I'd like.
I put that rule in place because I'd have people who lost interest and would trade one pick for five just so they could be done. And it was aggravating.

Rare Jewel

Patience
Jan 11, 2007
Leaf Land
I'll take the Bruins.

If anyone turns up and wants them, though, they can have them.

:bruins

Shopping Goaltender Linus Ullmark.

Mostly looking for top 6 forwards.

Last edited:
Reactions: My Cozen Dylan

My Cozen Dylan

Feb 21, 2014
Jacksonville, FL
:nhl

Let's go ahead and get started. If someone would like to volunteer to take the Kings at some point today, that would be great.

The Draft Lottery has been conducted.

:wild

The Minnesota Wild have won the Draft Lottery and will select 1st overall.

:sharks

The San Jose Sharks have won the second place lottery and will select 2nd overall.

The Draft Clock will begin Monday, January 22nd, at 8 a.m. ET. @Teemu is on the clock and can select at any time.

Reactions: WhatTheDuck

My Cozen Dylan

Feb 21, 2014
Jacksonville, FL
:sabres
SABRES RELIEVE DON GRANATO OF HEAD COACHING DUTIES; CRAIG BERUBE NAMED 21ST HEAD COACH IN FRANCHISE HISTORY

May 1, 2024​

BUFFALO, NY – The Buffalo Sabres announced today that the team has relieved Don Granato of his duties as head coach. Subsequently, Craig Berube has been named the 21st Head Coach of the Buffalo Sabres.

Berube comes to Buffalo with eight years of Head Coaching experience in the National Hockey League, making him the most experienced coach to join the Sabres bench since Lindy Ruff. His resume includes playoff appearances in five out of eight seasons, highlighted by when he took over a last-place Blues team and led them to a Stanley Cup Championship in 2019.

“Today is an exciting day for the Buffalo Sabres organization,” said the Sabres GM. “We have a young and talented group here in Buffalo, and we know that Craig has the experience, mindset, and coaching style that our players need to become a perennial contender in this League. We thank Don Granato for his contributions to the Buffalo Sabres over the last three-and-a-half seasons and wish him the best moving forward.”​

Last edited:
Reactions: WhatTheDuck

My Cozen Dylan

Feb 21, 2014
Jacksonville, FL
:sabres

SABRES, FLAMES AGREE TO SEVEN-PLAYER TRADE

June 28, 2024​

BUFFALO, NY – The Buffalo Sabres announced today that the team has acquired forward Blake Coleman and defenseman MacKenzie Weegar from the Calgary Flames in exchange for forwards Peyton Krebs, Jiri Kulich, and Viktor Neuchev, defenseman Henri Jokiharju, and a fourth-round pick in the 2024 NHL Entry Draft.

As part of the trade, Calgary will retain 38.78% of Coleman’s salary and cap hit ($1.9M AAV).

Coleman (5’ 11”, 199 lbs, 11.28.1991) joins the Sabres following three seasons with the Flames, where he tallied 141 points and 175 penalty minutes in 245 games. Before his time in Calgary, he spent parts of six seasons with the New Jersey Devils and Tampa Bay Lightning, where he won two Stanley Cups. Prior to turning pro, Coleman spent two years in the United States Hockey League and four years with the NCAA’s Miami Redhawks. The Plano, Texas native was drafted in the third round, 75th overall by the Devils in the 2011 NHL Entry Draft.

Weegar (6’ 0”, 206 lbs, 01.07.1994) comes to Buffalo after spending two years in Calgary, where he tallied 79 points and 86 penalty minutes in 163 games. Before being traded to the Flames, Weegar spent five seasons with the Florida Panthers. Prior to turning pro, he spent two seasons with the Halifax Mooseheads of the Quebec Major Junior Hockey League. The Nepean, Ontario native was drafted in the seventh round, 206th overall by the Panthers in the 2013 NHL Entry Draft.

“We are thrilled to add Blake and MacKenzie to our group,” said the Sabres GM. “It became clear to us last season that our lineup was in desperate need of physicality and veteran leadership, and these two men exemplify those qualities. It was a hefty price to pay, but we felt we could afford it given the strength and depth of both our NHL roster and prospect group. We wish Peyton, Henri, Jiri, and Viktor all the best in Calgary.”

The 2024 NHL Entry Draft begins tonight at 7 p.m. on ESPN. The Sabres hold the 7th overall selection.​

Reactions: McMozesmadness

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
:stars
Future Considerations

:canes
Ryan Suter
2025 DAL 3rd Round Pick

@uncleben to confirm.

We are pleased to move on from Suter and allow him to maintain his ironman streak. He was going to be bought out this offseason; instead this alternative was found.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
:nhl

Let's go ahead and get started. If someone would like to volunteer to take the Kings at some point today, that would be great.

The Draft Lottery has been conducted.

:wild

The Minnesota Wild have won the Draft Lottery and will select 1st overall.

:sharks

The San Jose Sharks have won the second place lottery and will select 2nd overall.

The Draft Clock will begin Monday, January 22nd, at 8 a.m. ET. @Teemu is on the clock and can select at any time.
I quit. :sarcasm:

On a more serious note:

:sharks are looking to make trades. Mostly looking to move Sturm, Ferraro, Blackwood, Kunin but really anyone can be had.

Reactions: uncleben

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
Ducks trade block:

Listening on these older vets: Gibson, Fowler, Killorn, Strome, Vatrano (if the price is right). Willing to retain on Fowler (2 years at 6.5M) and/or Vatrano (1 year 3.65M) if there is real value coming back
- Willing to move Zegras but only in exchange for another young high end NHL player. Not selling off for lesser pieces or in any rush to move him
- Dealing with a bit of a logjam of AHL F prospects, would like to move one or two of the following in exchange for picks: Jacob Perreault, Brayden Tracey, Sasha Pastujov, Josh Lopina
- RFA F Max Jones has been tendered a QO but is available for a pick

Duke16

Apr 14, 2015
Ontario
:leafs

Maple Leafs acquire McBain from Coyotes

The Toronto Maple Leafs have acquired forward Jack McBain, Arizona's 2024 2nd round pick (#44), and Arizona's 2024 4th round pick (#109) from the Arizona Coyotes in exchange for forwards Noah Gregor and Alex Steeves, Toronto's 2024 1st round pick (#20), and New York's 2024 3rd round pick (#78).

@flyersdad to confirm

"The Maple Leafs are excited to add a young Toronto-born middle six forward to the mix in Jack McBain while maintaining the same quantity of 2024 picks heading into the Draft. We wish Noah and Alex the best of luck in Arizona."

flyersdad

Jan 23, 2018
:leafs

Maple Leafs acquire McBain from Coyotes

The Toronto Maple Leafs have acquired forward Jack McBain, Arizona's 2024 2nd round pick (#44), and Arizona's 2024 4th round pick (#109) from the Arizona Coyotes in exchange for forwards Noah Gregor and Alex Steeves, Toronto's 2024 1st round pick (#20), and New York's 2024 3rd round pick (#78).

@flyersdad to confirm

"The Maple Leafs are excited to add a young Toronto-born middle six forward to the mix in Jack McBain while maintaining the same quantity of 2024 picks heading into the Draft. We wish Noah and Alex the best of luck in Arizona."
Confirmed

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
with the third pick the Chicago Blackhawks select from Michigan St. D Artyom Leshunov
IMG_7639.jpeg

@WhatTheDuck your up

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad