2024-25 Roster…too soon?

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Frost and Farabee are very much in play from speculation

Both found ways into Torts doghouse with Frost and Brink (Another kid in doghouse) both benched early in final game of season. With Farabee, Briere implied being disappointed in his season and him needing to take next step in development and be better

Clowns,, An organization of clowns!

Hawks should be on phone looking to get both in deal

Reactions: dreadpirateroberts

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
Erik Johnsons contract was awful for Colorado, he was still making 6mil as a 3rd pair dman for their cup win though. That's a scenario with a higher cap, the cap% could be close to that and we have Jones being similar in talent near the end of his deal.
No one's saying you can't win with a garbage contract on your team.

Northernhawk

Feb 22, 2020

Attachments

• 79064497-2441-4C32-BF91-47ED789069CA.png
    79064497-2441-4C32-BF91-47ED789069CA.png
    548.3 KB · Views: 2

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
He was awful in Seattle away from Panthers and cant stay healthy

No thanks

Want someone who has track record of being capable at NHL level

Bring back Lankinen or sign a guy like Nedeljkovic instead

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
He's played for a lot of pro hockey teams.

Binghamton Senators
Elmira Jackals
Ottawa Senators
Evansville Icemen
Wichita Thunder
Belleville Senators
Brampton Beast
Springfield Thunderbirds
Manchester Monarchs
Florida Panthers
Seattle Kraken
Coachella Valley Firebirds

I'd consider signing him and waiving him to Rockford just to add two more to the list.

Hattrick Kane

Oct 8, 2018
It’s too bad that dumbass Stan gave Murphy a modified no trade. Jets defense looks like a disaster next year and that would be a good spot to send him, but guaranteed he’d block it.

cassac

Sep 19, 2013
What about Darcy Kuemper? Had a down year and Lindgren seems to have taken the net.

Capitals are probably looking to cut salary and Kuemper is signed three more years at $5.25 million. Could be a better backup option than Soda and I think the Capitals would have to sweeten like the Leafs did with Mrazek.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
What about Darcy Kuemper? Had a down year and Lindgren seems to have taken the net.

Capitals are probably looking to cut salary and Kuemper is signed three more years at $5.25 million. Could be a better backup option than Soda and I think the Capitals would have to sweeten like the Leafs did with Mrazek.
Can't see the Caps giving away assets at this point. They're going to be looking to rebuild.

cassac

Sep 19, 2013
Can't see the Caps giving away assets at this point. They're going to be looking to rebuild.
Maybe not but they still have to put a team around Ovie that will feed him pucks.

Caps main focus right now is getting him the record.

dreadpirateroberts

Nov 14, 2018
Seven Seas

Yeah, I'm not willing to do that unless they offer a significant sweetener. 3 years left at $5.25 mil is no chump change

BHawk21

Mar 21, 2022
Stamkos saying he wants to stay in Tampa and winning is a priority. He aint coming here and probably not leaving unfortunately.

UFAs that interest me
Stephenson Kane Domi Demelo Hakanpaa Marchessault Toffoli Henrique Duclair Pavelski Schultz Brossoit Nedeljkovic Stolarz Samsonov

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
Mrazek cost the Leafs a first (got a second back) for two years at $3.8 mil. Figure that Caps would have to pay a first, second, and b-level prospect. Somewhere around there.
Moving down 12 spots isn't much though.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
I would think bringing in 3 years of Keumper blocks guys like Gajan and Commesso from getting quality starts in a year or two no? Or are they 3 + years away anyway?

dreadpirateroberts

Nov 14, 2018
Seven Seas
I would think bringing in 3 years of Keumper blocks guys like Gajan and Commesso from getting quality starts in a year or two no? Or are they 3 + years away anyway?
I think it definitely blocks Commesso as he should be up with the club full time by 2025. Gajan is probably spending at least 2 years in college, if not 3, then spending at least a year in Rockford

Reactions: x Tame Impala

Beukeboom Fan

Feb 27, 2002
Chicago, IL
Visit site
Stamkos saying he wants to stay in Tampa and winning is a priority. He aint coming here and probably not leaving unfortunately.

UFAs that interest me
Stephenson Kane Domi Demelo Hakanpaa Marchessault Toffoli Henrique Duclair Pavelski Schultz Brossoit Nedeljkovic Stolarz Samsonov
Couple of points/questions:
1) What's changed in Duke's game since he's been here?
2) Samsonov - can't handle him when he's not on his game.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Nothing has changed, he is still as streaky as ever

Duke was horrific in playoffs and TB fans seem happy to see him and Dumba go

As for Samsonov if Hawks are looking for a guy to sign on 1 yr deal he is best bet since he will be looking to bounce back. We do have recent success with goalie who was destroyed by Toronto fans/media and recovered (Mrazek)

And Samsonov on 1 yr deal doesn't potentially block Commesso if he makes strides this coming year

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad