2024-25 Roster…too soon?

BHawk21

Mar 21, 2022
Leafs will get more than that in value for Marner. Murphy has close to negative value. Just trade them Jones straight up, and get the hell out of that contract.
Your saying Jones 6 years at 9.5 is a better value for Toronto than Murphy at 4.4 for 2 years? Im not saying your wrong just think a lot of people would disagree.

Last edited:

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
Your saying Jones 7 years at 9.5 is a better value for Toronto than Murphy at 4.4 for 2 years? Im not saying your wrong just think a lot of people would disagree.
He's 5x the player Murphy is, fills a big need for them, and doesn't have injury issues. They already have 3 or 4 Murphys on their team. May have to eat a 1-2 million of Jones contract just because of the length, but I think Toronto would prefer him, for sure.

Reactions: dreadpirateroberts

BHawk21

Mar 21, 2022
He's 5x the player Murphy is, fills a big need for them, and doesn't have injury issues. They already have 3 or 4 Murphys on their team. May have to eat a 1-2 million of Jones contract just because of the length, but I think Toronto would prefer him, for sure.
well thats a huge difference..

OTC

Jul 11, 2018
Would love Necas if the price is right. Being concerned about trading 2nds for a good young player like Necas is ridiculous.

He’s going to cost more than that though.

I like the idea of Teuvo and one of a Stephenson/Marchessault
Another interesting player is Dakota Joshua from Vancouver. He stepped it up this year, big body. Vancouver is not signing all their UFA's.

BHawk21

Mar 21, 2022
Reichel and 2nd for Marner signed 8x10
Draft Demidov

2026-2027 Cup

Sam Bennett UFA-Bedard-Marner
Demidov-Nazar-Moore
Savoie-Greene-Hayes
Slaggert-Ludwinski-Dach
Rolston

Korchinski-Jones
Vlasic-Rinzel
Del Mastro-Allen

Saros UFA
Commesso

I have changed my mind on Marner. I think they hawks should go try and get him if the trade price is right. Hes going to cost 10 million but these quality players dont come around often. It would be our Panarin move.

Last edited:
Reactions: GreatDayforHockey

kmwtrucks

Mar 11, 2014
Another interesting player is Dakota Joshua from Vancouver. He stepped it up this year, big body. Vancouver is not signing all their UFA's.
hi shooting % is 21% so he is probably going to get paid like a 3rd liner but end up more like a 4th liner. I would rather pickup LLYA mikeyev who is overpaid and a 2025 2nd for 2025 4th

BHawk21

Mar 21, 2022
Its time to think about Marner.

Kurashev-Bedard-Marner
Reichel -Nazar-Arvidsson
Hall-Dickinson-Anthansiou
Slaggert-Donato-Foligno

Reactions: GreatDayforHockey

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
I think the Leafs will just run Marner back without an extension, to give him another chance, figure out if they can "replace" him with Easton Cowan who is a good Junior player right now. They know they'll lose any Trade, especially since he'd just pick his destination, and just get worse next season without their draft pick (top 10 protected, but they wouldn't dip that far). Also other perspective is that it's not a situation where he's demanding out and saying he won't extend, he'd probably sign an extension at a rate that works for him, so the Leafs aren't in a no win situation there and can assess their options.

Everyone in Toronto is mad right now. They'll settle down in a month, talk themselves into a new Coach might make the difference and then just more or less run it back again. The one guy they might try and boot out the door a year early is Tavares.

dj Mahoney

Apr 11, 2021
We should go after Ufa Dakota Joshua hard , offer him 17 million for 4 years . He seems to be turning into a perfect power forward , just what we need .

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: Pez68 and Pertti

Malaka

you know, **** it, let’s just not think so much
Mar 3, 2020
www.youtube.com
We should go after Ufa Dakota Joshua hard , offer him 17 million for 4 years . He seems to be turning into a perfect power forward , just what we need .

Power forward @ ~4x4

MRW:
1715820853833.png

HawksDub89

Apr 17, 2019
Reichel and 2nd for Marner signed 8x10
Draft Demidov

2026-2027 Cup

Sam Bennett UFA-Bedard-Marner
Demidov-Nazar-Moore
Savoie-Greene-Hayes
Slaggert-Ludwinski-Dach
Rolston

Korchinski-Jones
Vlasic-Rinzel
Del Mastro-Allen

Saros UFA
Commesso

I have changed my mind on Marner. I think they hawks should go try and get him if the trade price is right. Hes going to cost 10 million but these quality players dont come around often. It would be our Panarin move.

That package isn’t getting you Marner, and that isn’t a cup team.

More than likely some of those prospects won’t pan out. This isn’t nhl 24

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.

Unless Marner discusses a contract extension with the team trading for him, he isn't going for a whole lot on the market. Not many teams can fit an 11mil player into their cap, and pretty sure he has a NMC.

I could see Toronto trading him for a top goalie+, or a solid Dman.

HawksDub89

Apr 17, 2019
I could see Toronto trading him for a top goalie+, or a solid Dman.

I don’t disagree, but that’s different than Reichel and a 2nd. That’s pretty useless to Toronto right now.

I’ll be very surprised if it isn’t a hockey trade. (A good goalie or a top 4 D, like you mentioned)

BHawk21

Mar 21, 2022

Marner has a NMC and holds the cards by resigning. Hes a 1 year rental that costs to much for contenders to pickup. Toronto either holds him for the year and competes again risking him for nothing or trys to make a trade with whatever team/teams he would be willing to resign with.

The return would be minimal and Toronto could look to do it because they want space. (your right i thought I put 20th not 2nd)

Last edited:

HawksDub89

Apr 17, 2019
Marner has a NMC and holds the cards by resigning. Hes a 1 year rental that costs to much for contenders to pickup. Toronto either holds him for the year and competes again risking him for nothing or trys to make a trade with whatever team/teams he would be willing to resign with.

The return would be minimal and Toronto could look to do it because they want space. (your right i thought I put 20th not 2nd)

They keep him if that’s the best offer.

Zero chance he gets moved for that.

Go throw that trade offer up on the main board lol.

BHawk21

Mar 21, 2022
They keep him if that’s the best offer.

Zero chance he gets moved for that.

Go throw that trade offer up on the main board lol.
Go throw up the Debrincat to Detriot for the 26th overall and Kubalik.

I agree Toronto doesnt trade him if its not enough and loses him for nothing the year after but they might just want the space if they know they can get Reichel 20th and go sign Montour/Skjei/Roy/Pesce and Teravainen/Toffoli/Stephenson/Kane or somthing.

20th+ for Ullmark/Saros/Jarry/Thompson/Varlamov/Hill

Knies-Matthews-Teravainen
Robertson-Tavares-Nylander
Reichel-Domi-Bertuzzi
Jarnkrok-Kampf-McMann

Rielly-Montour
McCabe-Lilgegren
Lyubushkin-Edmundson

Varlamov
Woll

Last edited:

Ad