Blue Jays GDT: 2023 v2 | Sun, Apr 16 | vs TB | 1:30pm ET/10:30am PT | McClanahan vs Manoah

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Kikuchi and Berrios, arguably the two worst arms on the team pitch gems against a red hot Rays lineup.

Cy Young runner up and all around elite level pitcher Alek Manoah gets absolutely blasted

In conclusion, baseball can be stupid and it makes my head hurt.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Definitely concerned about Manoah now. Hopefully it’s just a slump and nothing more.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
It has to be the pitch clock as someone suggested or like i said, some type of injury.

I don't believe it's his weight. Pitchers are the one position where a bit of heft can actually be beneficial. IIRC CC Sabathia said losing weight like he did actually f***ed with his delivery/timing so he put it back on. Plus Manoah doesn't look much bigger than he did last season anyway.

Manoah starts next against the Yankees in the Bronx. He usually eats them for breakfast so if he gets smacked there then i think it's time to panic.

Games in which Alek Manoah failed to complete 5 innings:

2022 - 0 in 31 starts

2023 - 3 in 4 starts

Reactions: hockeywiz542

Puckstuff

May 12, 2010
Milton
If Bass and Richards could finish this game It would be nice. Don't want to be using any of the top 4 guys tonight.

MK78

Apr 8, 2023
Something is definitely up with Manoah this early in the season. Too bad I was hoping he'd figure it out and they had a chance to sweep the Rays.

But the bats are quiet too you ain't gonna win many games 1-0.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Something is definitely up with Manoah this early in the season. Too bad I was hoping he'd figure it out and they had a chance to sweep the Rays.

But the bats are quiet too you ain't gonna win many games 1-0.
Hard to get much of anything going when McClanahan is as dialed in as he is rn.

Optimist

Wendel and I
Feb 16, 2015
Ontario Canada
Manoah is his own worst enemy. Before his first pitch he walks down the dugout engaging with everyone like it's game 7 of the world series. Then he fist bumps a couple of kids before dancing and prancing his way to the mound. Next he picks up the ball and does a pirouette. Then he plunks the batter in the back with the first pitch of the ballgame and proceeds to load the bases with none out. And this guy is our #1? Just get out there and pitch without all of the fanfare. He's starting to remind me of Jack Campbell. Too high when things are going well and too low on himself when they are not. That was embarrassing.

canucksfan

Mar 16, 2002
British Columbia
Visit site
The loss itself is not a big deal. Won the series. However, Manoah is starting to be a concern. One plus, his velocity was fairly good today. At least from what I saw. Slider isn’t good though.

MK78

Apr 8, 2023
Hard to get much of anything going when McClanahan is as dialed in as he is rn.
Sure, but he only pitched 6 innings. in the 3 innings of relief Jays only managed 2 hits. Bats went silent today.

Not saying you have to score 10 runs every game, but 1 run is pathetic for this team.

Morgs

#16 #34 #44 #88 #91
Jul 12, 2015
London, ON
Manoah is his own worst enemy. Before his first pitch he walks down the dugout engaging with everyone like it's game 7 of the world series. Then he fist bumps a couple of kids before dancing and prancing his way to the mound. Next he picks up the ball and does a pirouette. Then he plunks the batter in the back with the first pitch of the ballgame and proceeds to load the bases with none out. And this guy is our #1? Just get out there and pitch without all of the fanfare. He's starting to remind me of Jack Campbell. Too high when things are going well and too low on himself when they are not. That was embarrassing.

'Fun is actually bad'

fancy lad

Nov 22, 2021
I agree that he should probably tone down the showmanship. Just let his pitching do his talking for him. I remember before his playoff game last year he was so cocky in the media and he ended up getting pummeled. It's just a bad look man.

whatever though... a series win against this tampa team is a very positive sign.

horner

May 22, 2007
He gets to ramped up .
Calm down Manoah just pitch

Reactions: Optimist and klmdg

KingAlfie11

Nov 3, 2021
Maybe the problem is that SN fell in love with Manoah, and now he thinks he's the best thing since sliced bread. In my opinion Gausman is the real ace, Manoah needs to focus more about pitching and less about everything else. Still a good weekend though 2 out of 3 versus TB pretty good.

Reactions: ktownhockey

GoonieFace

Jun 24, 2013
The Matrix
Not sure this has anything to do with it. He’s just struggling with his command, not because he fist bumped a couple of kids

Amadeus

Stand Witness
Jun 21, 2004
Toronto
Good thread. The control issues are concerning but should be relatively easy to fix.

But if his slider is trash.....oof. Hopefully he figures it out soon

He's lost a few ticks off his fastball. He was consistenly at 93 ish but I remember his fast ball ball used to consistently at 95 while tailing down to 93 post the 5th inning.

It's making his pitch pretty hittable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad