Blue Jays GDT: 2023 v2 | Sun, Apr 16 | vs TB | 1:30pm ET/10:30am PT | McClanahan vs Manoah

Status
Not open for further replies.

MK78

Apr 8, 2023
I agree that he should probably tone down the showmanship. Just let his pitching do his talking for him. I remember before his playoff game last year he was so cocky in the media and he ended up getting pummeled. It's just a bad look man.

whatever though... a series win against this tampa team is a very positive sign.
Yeah, he's not some 10 year vet with 2 cy-youngs under his belt and a couple rings, where they earned the right to trash talk if necessary.

Still a young pup on his entry level deal. I think his early success got to his head a bit. Maybe some humility and respect for his opponents is in order.

HockeyThoughts

Delivering The Truth
Jul 23, 2007
Mississauga
Yeah, he's not some 10 year vet with 2 cy-youngs under his belt and a couple rings, where they earned the right to trash talk if necessary.

Still a young pup on his entry level deal. I think his early success got to his head a bit. Maybe some humility and respect for his opponents is in order.
..Or maybe he's just in the midst of a slump and having trouble finding the strike zone.

TheTotalPackage

Sep 14, 2006
I'm not the least bit concerned about Manoah like some are. But I agree that he should just take a deep breath and settle down a bit. He doesn't have to go balls to the walls 100 miles per hour each time he is out there every fifth day. It's a loooonnnnggg season. Temper the enthusiasm and simply throw the ball across the plate. Lots of time to get amped up when winning, and winning big games (down the stretch, playoffs...).

Reactions: hockeywiz542
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad