Transfer: 2023 Summer Transfer Rumors and Discussion - Closed Window Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
In todays laughing at Everton edition, Andre Ayew (on a free) is the latest to turn them down. Everyone knows they are a mess

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
1675357344458.png

Reactions: Blender

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
I just saw Everton's transfer window, yikes, even with Dyche I think at this point they are one of the ones that get relegated, yes?

Bloom made his desires known from the start. He was not going to sell until the summer, end of story. Brighton does not like to have departures in the winter, they go into each season with a plan and want to see it through. Caicedo is a big part of those plans.

The Trossard sale is an exception but it's one that was made possible by the rise of Mitoma. There is no real replacement for Caicedo in midfield so the club felt like they needed to stay firm.
That's fine if he wasn't going to sell, but I don't really see how putting in a bid caused a fraction between clubs. Arsenal doesn't need to read Bloom's Twitter to make a decision on players they want. That's my two cents, BHA is acting sort of irrationally, Chelsea also came in with a bid.

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC
Boehly was remote in this instance, but you are right that it is unforgivable.

It's Chelsea we're talking about. There is absolutely zero justification for a club of that magnitude not to have a all hands on deck approach and human personnel assigned to every single potential transfer, especially something as close/a done deal like Ziyech to PSG was. They're clowns and PSG have every right to diss them over it.

Reactions: Peen

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
I just saw Everton's transfer window, yikes, even with Dyche I think at this point they are one of the ones that get relegated, yes?

That's fine if he wasn't going to sell, but I don't really see how putting in a bid caused a fraction between clubs. Arsenal doesn't need to read Bloom's Twitter to make a decision on players they want. That's my two cents, BHA is acting sort of irrationally, Chelsea also came in with a bid.
Chelsea also backed off after Bloom made it clear he didn't want to sell where as Arsenal put in another bid.

My guess is three things are true:
1) Bloom was annoyed/frustrated with Arsenal's continued pursuit of the player
2) Naylor was being a little dramatic with his tweet, but the sentiment is kind of true
3) We don't know the wholes story and the communications between the two clubs.

Reactions: S E P H

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
There’s also a significant amount of unofficial communication that happened (as it does with all transfers).

Clubs pretend it doesn’t happen and don’t want to talk about it since it’s technically a violation of rules, but it still happens all the time and I assume Arsenal was a bit too strong with that stuff for Brighton’s liking.

Reactions: cgf

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
There’s also a significant amount of unofficial communication that happened (as it does with all transfers).

Clubs pretend it doesn’t happen and don’t want to talk about it since it’s technically a violation of rules, but it still happens all the time and I assume Arsenal was a bit too strong with that stuff for Brighton’s liking.
And just going off of the reports about Mudryk, it makes sense a similar thing happened with Caicedo.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Apparently there was an agreement as a lesser fee for Enzo to join in the Summer, and he would've been paid the Chelsea wages while at Benfica the rest of this season, but Enzo refused and wanted to join Chelsea immediately.

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
Apparently there was an agreement as a lesser fee for Enzo to join in the Summer, and he would've been paid the Chelsea wages while at Benfica the rest of this season, but Enzo refused and wanted to join Chelsea immediately.
Rui Costa has confirmed every single report that has come out from England. One poster here knows more somehow, though. Maybe even Rui Costa is wrong.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Came across an interesting article describing that Chelsea are winners and losers out of this. They're winners for all the quality players they added, but losers because they showed desperation due to the amount they spent. Teams will know this and will demand a fortune the next time they interact with them. The other aspect is player issues with not only how they treated Ziyech, but how they signed all these players and then signed all these other players. They make the argument that players will be more reluctant to join them in the future due to being thrown off as castaways a transfer window or two later.

Reactions: maclean

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
Came across an interesting article describing that Chelsea are winners and losers out of this. They're winners for all the quality players they added, but losers because they showed desperation due to the amount they spent. Teams will know this and will demand a fortune the next time they interact with them. The other aspect is player issues with not only how they treated Ziyech, but how they signed all these players and then signed all these other players. They make the argument that players will be more reluctant to join them in the future due to being thrown off as castaways a transfer window or two later.

I think a lot of it depends on how the rest of the season goes. If they go on a tear through the end of the season and look like everything is clicking I don’t think teams will be able to demand they overpay. However if they continue to struggle teams will know they’re super desperate and they’ll get the same treatment United has (deservedly) for years where as soon as they pick up the phone the price goes up by $20M cause teams know it’ll get paid.

Reactions: S E P H and Peen

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
I meant the tweet lol. What did it say?
LOOOL opps

Well basically Messi/PSG negotiations aren't done yet and Messi's camp wants to wait to see how the seasons shakes out before deciding on anything. ON other hand PSG is still first priority(?) and that their the only team RIGHT NOW in direct talks with Messi. In the same interview he says Barcelona is his home and when retiring thats where he will live. He also said he's taking his WC gear currently in Argentina with him to Barcelona in March.

Reading the tea leaves I gotta think he's waiting what can his friend Xavi do in the summer and if Barca is an option. Early days but im hopeful.

Reactions: The Abusement Park

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
I have been hearing this stuff for years since Chelsea has been turning over high numbers of players for years. Hasn't come true yet.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
I have been hearing this stuff for years since Chelsea has been turning over high numbers of players for years. Hasn't come true yet.
Barca apparently dont even pay their players and Lewa,Kounde and Raphina still came running... some posters just dont get it. Never will never have.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
I actually agree with you, not sure if the author is anti-Chelsea, but there was a lot of hopeful jump-to-conclusion type of stuff that I read (it's on the TheScore under transfer winners and losers if anybody wants to cheque it out). I am pretty sure I've heard this before concerning Chelsea and other teams and it never happens. I think a bigger issue for me is that I get Chelsea is rich, but they are most definitely not as wealthier as with Roman or Citeh/PSG/Newcastle. Not sure how many times they're going to be able to spend multiple hundred million every year (or potentially hit by FFP sanctions).

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
I actually agree with you, not sure if the author is anti-Chelsea, but there was a lot of hopeful jump-to-conclusion type of stuff that I read (it's on the TheScore under transfer winners and losers if anybody wants to cheque it out). I am pretty sure I've heard this before concerning Chelsea and other teams and it never happens. I think a bigger issue for me is that I get Chelsea is rich, but they are most definitely not as wealthier as with Roman or Citeh/PSG/Newcastle. Not sure how many times they're going to be able to spend multiple hundred million every year (or potentially hit by FFP sanctions).
I'm guessing this spending spree is intended to be a one off, and from here it will be a more steady spend. They are essentially trying to completely turn over the squad in 1 window to better align with how they want to play. Though who knows, maybe Boehly wants to go full on FM sugar daddy owner. :laugh:

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC
Players aren't going to turn down Chelsea because of the way they spend and sell because players bet on themselves and are going to have confidence to start and stay starting. Not to mention that Chelsea is one of a handful of elite clubs across the world. Players aren't going to hold their nose up at that option.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad