Transfer: 2023 Summer Transfer Rumors and Discussion - Closed Window Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
This thread should last us until the window opens.

How much total business (incoming and outgoing) do we think Chelsea does? I think we break a billion.
Probably. Inevitable that we see at least ten sales, and there is already some Lavia + GK buzz.

Azpilicueta, Mendy/Kepa , Koulibaly, Chalobah, Pulisic, Havertz, CHO, Lukaku, Ziyech, Aubameyang, RLC all seem more likely to depart than stay. Can’t imagine that there is much more than 200MM in sales there given contracts, wages, form.

Cucurella, Kante, Kovacic, Gallagher, Chuk & D Fofana (loans), Zakaria/Felix decisions… all also not clear. My guess is that they will set a high price on Gallagher and tell teams to meet it or they will keep him as a squad option.

Last edited:

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Yeah, I think they are definitely going to push for Lavia. I've seen reports that pressure won't be added to Potter until he has a full pre-season, which makes sense. Going to be a lot going out the door too. Gallagher was previously discussed, but RLC and CHO seem like certainties to go too.

Peen

Oct 6, 2013
Yeah, I think they are definitely going to push for Lavia. I've seen reports that pressure won't be added to Potter until he has a full pre-season, which makes sense. Going to be a lot going out the door too. Gallagher was previously discussed, but RLC and CHO seem like certainties to go too.
I wonder if Chilwell strongly considers the recent City links if we don’t make CL.

It would be a downgrade, but there is a certain Canadian LB who is a Chelsea fan who could come in?

Rumors are they also want to make a commercial signing and that would probably fit the bill if Chilwell departed. No idea where a commercial signing would play at this point, unless an ST is available. Osimhen does not scream commercial.

luiginb

Aug 23, 2007
Barcelona
Azpilicueta, Mendy/Kepa , Koulibaly, Chalobah, Pulisic, Havertz, CHO, Lukaku, Ziyech, Aubameyang, RLC all seem more likely to depart than stay. Can’t imagine that there is much more than 200MM in sales there given contracts, wages, form.
I think you're low balling here, I'm sure you can get at least 250 for all those guys. Some of them still have value, are young-ish etc, plus there's like 11 of them. Guys like Gibbs White go for 30 mil in the Premier League.

Peen

Oct 6, 2013
I think you're low balling here, I'm sure you can get at least 250 for all those guys. Some of them still have value, are young-ish etc, plus there's like 11 of them. Guys like Gibbs White go for 30 mil in the Premier League.
Maybe? I see the group of Koulibaly, Azpi, Auba being worth 10MM each at most. I think the rest of the players are pretty easy to come up with estimated values for.

Really the big confusion one would be Lukaku, considering he has only played 400 minutes.

1675281829003.png

King Makar19

Dec 5, 2019
Auba is worth 0$. You might pay a team to take him.
Koulibaly Wage are insane..he has 0 value.

problems with Chel$$$ea guys are the wages they are and and they are all flop struggling in mid-table.

They also paid insane amount for big IF or 1 week wonder... big risk there.

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
Probably. Inevitable that we see at least ten sales, and there is already some Lavia + GK buzz.

Cucurella, Kante, Kovacic, Gallagher, Chuk & D Fofana (loans), Zakaria/Felix decisions… all also not clear. My guess is that they will set a high price on Gallagher and tell teams to meet it or they will keep him as a squad option.

There’s a bunch of guys who are worth something. But they’re also going to run into the fact that some won’t want to go to places who want them, and other clubs know they have to sell. You can’t just flog off 15 dudes without taking a major wash on some.

3-4 of those on that list they might be lucky to just find a taker for their salary.

Peen

Oct 6, 2013
There’s a bunch of guys who are worth something. But they’re also going to run into the fact that some won’t want to go to places who want them, and other clubs know they have to sell. You can’t just flog off 15 dudes without taking a major wash on some.

3-4 of those on that list they might be lucky to just find a taker for their salary.
Well let’s go through those guys name by name.

No question Azpi will have takers in Spain as a veteran backup. Almost went to Barca and has had links with both Madrid clubs as well.

Chalobah has had interest in Italy, is not on big wages, and is reportedly ok with moving on if the opportunities aren’t there.

Mendy is on low wages. Kepa’s are high but i don’t think he has ever opposed taking a paycut. My guess is its Mendy who goes because he wants big wages and term and we don’t want to give him that.

CHO, reads roughly the same as Chalobah. Bigger wages but prefers opportunity.

Havertz / Bayern.

Ziyech wants out.

Pulisic has had a decent amount of murmurs. I don’t know why anyone would want someone who cries when he doesn’t start and is super injury prone, but if you think you can get 2020 bubble Pulisic 24/7, I guess it makes sense? He’s had links in Italy & with Newcastle. I guess there is the marketing aspect.

They won’t demand enough for RLC to be prohibitive.

Koulibaly, Auba, Lukaku are the ones where I agree - it will be tough unless they are basically frees and told they will be banished to the reserves.

My guess is Lukaku gets another loan.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
I'd love for Kai to go to Bayern, but I'm not sure they'll ante up more than ~40M. Their interest seems to be more in getting a bargain than necessarily getting Kai.

Peen

Oct 6, 2013
If we are to sell Kai, I'm not sure we'd get anything more than a bargain though.

Havertz has only been linked to City & Bayern and both were not strong links either.

And given his style of play and position, I’m not sure how many more teams will emerge (if any) as strongly interested.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Tbh I haven't read a more strangely jealous comment here in years. Your team is in first place and you're spending time shitting on other teams signing great players lmao.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Might be dramatic from Naylor in regards to their being a fracture between clubs but we shall see come the summer.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
But Klopp says he isn’t too loyal…

This may not look bad on the surface, but this is going to look real bad very soon

I would say 80/20 that Liverpool signs him after botching a Bellingham deal.
That is extremely generous. He’s not coming to Liverpool. Jude isn’t either

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad