GDT: 2023 Running Preseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Youngguns80

A worthy goal is easy to defend
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2021
Ohio
Was it tweaks to what they had planned with Babcock, or to Larsen's system?
Multiple interviews Babcock said he didn’t continue to review last year’s film because it wasn’t good. He had said they were watching film to take systems from the best team’s, but also to run what is right for their personnel. He said for instance we can’t run Edmonton’s PP because we don’t have those players. He implied the defensive coverage, forecheck and PP were going to be different.

That is why I was afraid of Pascal and too much continuity (more of the same).

Again it’s early but this is not promising to see the same system.

Reactions: CBJWerenski8

tunnelvision

Jul 31, 2021
I sure hope this evenings stream is higher quality than what seems to be a stream with Tourette’s Syndrome
It's freezing so constantly it's hard to focus and tell much from the game... that said, not impressed with Boqvist's play in own zone so far, Blankenburg and Jiricek have been better overall.

Seedtype

Aug 16, 2009
Ohio?!?!
I wonder if the streams problem is that they have the quality too high? But they're still on early broadband, heh.

VT

Jan 24, 2021
Slovakia
It's freezing so constantly it's hard to focus and tell much from the game... that said, not impressed with Boqvist's play in own zone so far, Blankenburg and Jiricek have been better overall
It is the first Boqvist's game, Jiříček played two in Prospect and one in Friday. Besides it is only preseason.
I did it from pittsburghpenguins.com
But it is for the US and maybe Canada. But now is all O.K. But thanks.

DoingItCoolKiwi

May 23, 2017
despite the solid play on the game tying goal. jiricek does not look NHL ready just yet. I say that confidently.
Agreed, but I recall he also started last season looking pretty shaky. Maybe he'll be different player in a month

thebus88

19/20 Columbus Blue Jackets: "It Is What It Is"
Sep 27, 2017
Michigan
The “systems” and “statistics” don’t play the games, the players do.

Brutal play by Berni. Also, both he and Jiricek didn’t do (much of) anything to tie the guy up or defend on the rebound. Overall, like Bjork, not impressed with Berni.

Looks like Jiricek is gonna need more time. Skating, conditioning, and defense I don’t think is there yet. It’s gonna be a bit until Mateychuk-Jiricek is anything like Werenski-Jones from a few years ago.

2nd goal definitely looked like it went off something. I’m somebody who doesn’t excuse every “tipped”/“deflected” shot like some do in regards to the goalie, so I think you can still get a stop there as it wasn’t going to fast. Greaves still did look good, IMO.

Nobody can tell me Foudy/Bemstrom should not be in the starting 12 over guys like Robinson and Kuraly. And Danforth should probably be looked at as no higher than a 4th liner. Voronkov looks good and adds a physicality/net front presence we haven’t had in awhile. I actually wonder what a Voronkov-Olivier winger tandem would look like, though I’d rather Olivier not play very often.

ThirdPeriodTurtle

Jul 13, 2022
Finland
Lol at the geoblocking. At least here in Finland I don't think there's any legit ways to watch the games, Viasat seems to be showing some replays of the 2022-2023 season instead of the preseason games, because why not, and the local betting sites don't have streams up. I guess this is a good wake up call to NOT hope that NHL.com would take more control of streaming, I bet they could come up with the most backwards scheme possible...

But thanks all for the comments on the first game, I was happy to see Sillinger score but disappointed when it was Owen, lol. Quite excited for the second game to see the first two lines and see if anybody on the bubble or fringes makes a claim for a roster spot.

Seedtype

Aug 16, 2009
Ohio?!?!
I always thought it was weird they would geoblock Europeans. How many people are gonna watch a random NHL preseason game? Especially since it's literally arena cam quality, heh.

Reactions: MoeBartoli

ThirdPeriodTurtle

Jul 13, 2022
Finland
1-0 CBJ Texier from Fantilli from Laine. Seemed like Laine wanted to pass to the blue line but Fantilli took it, ran with it, and Texier puts in the rebound. Laine's pass looked too fast to be meant for Fantilli but I'll gladly be proven wrong...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Lecce vs Udinese
    Lecce vs Udinese
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $100.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Czechia vs Switzerland
    Czechia vs Switzerland