Red Sox/MLB 2023 Regular Season - 154-8 still possible - Adam Duvall suffered fractured wrist, no timetable set for his return

Status
Not open for further replies.

Donnie Shulzhoffer

Rocket Surgery
Sep 9, 2008
Foxboro, MA
Time for some changes. Thinking the coaching staff is an issue. Cora hotseat as well.
Ummmm.

You said not to judge anything until after 40 games.

"They can share them whenever. I’ll probably give it until 40 games. It’s a 1/4 of the season, about 2nd week of May.

We’ll have a better read by then."

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
Ummmm.

You said not to judge anything until after 40 games.

"They can share them whenever. I’ll probably give it until 40 games. It’s a 1/4 of the season, about 2nd week of May.

We’ll have a better read by then."

Ah you’re right. My stupid fan was coming out. No changes needed yet.

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
I have some unfortunate news for you

I know

E5OuITBWYAE-C6C.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: CDJ

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
I am baffled by how some can be enamored by Bloom and see this terribly constructed roster and blame Cora.
It comes in stages. First we stopped hearing how great of a GM he is. Now we blame Cora. Next step will be finally throwing in the towel and admitting what is painfully obvious. Chaim Bloom is in over his head.

Reactions: Mr Cartmenez

Mr Cartmenez

May 15, 2009
Mannheim
I am baffled by how some can be enamored by Bloom and see this terribly constructed roster and blame Cora.

It makes no sense. The manager in baseball has limited influence. Or is anyone trying to convince me that Arron Boone is a great manager just because he manages the powerhouse NYY?

I actually think Cora made several key mistakes over the past several years, but he's a smart guy and capable to learn from his mistakes. He's respected around the league and by his players from what we know. And there really aren't any replacements on the horizon.

The issue is Bloom. The roster is terrible. He signed a big time FA in Trevor Story who wasn't really fitting the timeline of this team (and additionally will have wasted the most important 2-3 years of a high priced free agent on last or second to last place teams). And I am saying that despite coming off of the ALCS. He clearly changed the approach because he bought the 2021 campaign, which he shouldn't have. He, like most other GMs, fell in love with post-season heroics by his players. He could have moved Hernandez when his value was at an all time high after that post-season. And if you are now saying that no GM would have done that on a team having made the ALCS...then why did he weaken the team by trading Renfroe for basically prospects (he bought them by taking on JBJ) and basically picked the wrong OF to get rid of?

At no point did Bloom impress me with his moved and approach. He traded Benintendi when his value was the lowest of his career for a meh return (even at that time). He not only did NOT trade Barnes when his value was sky high, he extended (!) him when there were red flags with the sticky stuff which should be even more obvious to "baseball nerds" than old school GMs.
He doesn't value defense nor obviously any other fundamentally good baseball. And despite being at work for about 4 years and trying to rebuild the team, it's one of the oldest rosters in baseball. What the hell?

If any GM-discussion gets shifted to the owners and that poor signings and decisions are only made by them and Blooms hands are forced, then by that logic the GM also cannot make good moves, because none of that would be his call.

IveGotToBeMe

Jul 1, 2012
RI
I agree with everyone regarding Bloom. That said, for all the Cora naysayers out there, they aren't completely off base. He did not really "manage" much last year and I can see this year turning into the same but I am holding out hope until Memorial Day.

Also, for everyone that is saying it's not Cora's fault, I think that's being somewhat naive. Yes, he has to manage the hand he was dealt but if he's just going to sit back and watch it go to $hit, anyone can do that. At some point he needs to "lean into it" a bit.

Reactions: RoccoF14
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad