Red Sox/MLB 2023 Regular Season - 154-8 still possible - Adam Duvall suffered fractured wrist, no timetable set for his return

Status
Not open for further replies.

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
they've set the home openers for both BOS/WOR; (weather dependent);

BAL/BOS Thursday 12:30 on NESN (Game is 2:10);

Friday: Syracuse opens Worcester's home schedule on NESN (4 PM);

AA Portland starts 4/6/23 @ Hadlock vs. Binghamton (AA-Mets)

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
Screenshot_20230329_034423_Chrome.jpg

Also. @Fenway do we have enough spots for fantasy baseball now? Hopefully we do!

Reactions: EverettMike

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
I'm excited for tomorrow.

I'm not going to be unrealistically optimistic but I am a lot higher on this team than the national experts seem to be. The interesting thing is that all the mlb.com and espn talking heads think we're easy last place finishers, but the sites that use statistical models to project (fangraphs, fivethirtyeight) are actually much more forgiving and put us at .500 or slightly over and within striking distance of the last wild card - and I think if they're that close by August they're buying in at the deadline to improve the roster down the stretch. I think that they could rally behind the "nobody believed in us" banner kind of like 2013 (but don't get me wrong, I don't think they're winning the division or the World Series) and outperform expectations.

Don't want to say they'll definitely make it but I do think they'll be in the race fighting for a WC spot all year. Not to put too much stock into opening day but with things in the AL East looking so tight this year it'd be nice to get a good jump start over the Orioles with the 3 games at home.

Reactions: sarge88

Mr Cartmenez

May 15, 2009
Mannheim
I am stoked for the new baseball season in general, not only the Red Sox. Curious to see how the new rules change the flow of the game. And if everything goes accordingly, they may finally get the robo ump in for next season.

Concerning the Red Sox W-L record, it's difficult task for this team. They lost a lot of close games last year due to a bad bullpen and also had many injuries on top of that. The SP-depth alone should come a long way over a dragging regular season.

If I were a betting man, I'd say above .500, probably slightly...85. Not enough to make the PS.

Reactions: CDJ and EverettMike

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
Bullpen should be much improved, Lineup should be solid, it's the rotation that's the question mark.

If Sale, Paxton, Kluber are healthy and effective, 92 wins, yeah. If they get shut down for the year in June with shoulder soreness and post a 5 ERA when they are pitching, 70 wins. I suspect in the end it's not going out on a limb to assume they end up somewhere in between those two extremes. Like one of those three pitchers is good, one is half-and-half, and one is just null.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad