2023 QMJHL Draft

SWNBhockey

Apr 22, 2021
Peddigrew looked good last weekend at the U15 Atlantics in SJ I thought.

HNB 2007 Canada Games Team, development Festival list was out today no real shockers that I see on that list that were left off.

Good start to things on that team with Kilfoil, Wheeler and Paul. There will be a lot of guys fighting for a few available slots on that team I think.

I believe the Hockey PEI camp starts this weekend.

TJHKY

Aug 10, 2021
Is Tynan Lawrence 2008 year born? Looks like he is underage in New Brunswick Canada Games Team

I think it will happen. I watched Him at NL hpp a coupe of weeks ago and he was pretty dominant. Ty peddigrew also looked really good.

cjhockey

May 9, 2022
I think it will happen. Watched him at NL HPP camp and he was pretty dominant Ty peddigrew up front was really good too.

Reactions: CanHockeyInfo

cjhockey

May 9, 2022
But time will tell big year for these kids. Not sure where both will play next year hopefully it’s in the Maritimes with a good coach.

Reactions: QcObserver21

hkyNS

May 3, 2022
Halifornia, NS
Luke Sinclair, Lane Sim and Cole chandler are also good prospects.

Nolan Wilkie and Luke Foley are good considering their lack of good teammates.

Norton01

Mar 31, 2022
Luke Sinclair, Lane Sim and Cole chandler are also good prospects.

Nolan Wilkie and Luke Foley are good considering their lack of good teammates.
Luke Foley is a solid prospect, is big, strong, hard shot, good skater. Wilkie doesn't play a two way game. Good hands, questionable conditioning, and bad habits. Both teams (Valley and Western) had strong players but couldn't put it together due, in part, to undisciplined play. I find it odd to call out the other players on these teams in saying "lack of good teammates". Both teams had solid prospects on both Fwd and D, and goaltending was outstanding. I do however, agree with Sinclair, Sim, Chandler.

Lap2000

Sep 7, 2019
Cape Breton
Luke Foley is a solid prospect, is big, strong, hard shot, good skater. Wilkie doesn't play a two way game. Good hands, questionable conditioning, and bad habits. Both teams (Valley and Western) had strong players but couldn't put it together due, in part, to undisciplined play. I find it odd to call out the other players on these teams in saying "lack of good teammates". Both teams had solid prospects on both Fwd and D, and goaltending was outstanding. I do however, agree with Sinclair, Sim, Chandler.
Not sure I agree with your assessment on the Valley and Hurricanes. Valley and Hurricanes finished at the bottom of the league. Goaltending stats were also at the bottom of the leagues in all measures. Observationally, they did not standout in the games I saw. Interesting you saw that the goaltending was outstanding - by what measure, I'd like to know more.

The Valley team does have some decent prospects aside from the Foley - but more so 08 prospects - as opposed to 07. Foley is very physically strong for his age group and when he decides to use it he is near the top in his age group in NS. His IQ can be outstanding at times. If he shows he can depend on his IQ as folks catch up size wise he will have great potential.

Norton01

Mar 31, 2022
Not sure I agree with your assessment on the Valley and Hurricanes. Valley and Hurricanes finished at the bottom of the league. Goaltending stats were also at the bottom of the leagues in all measures. Observationally, they did not standout in the games I saw. Interesting you saw that the goaltending was outstanding - by what measure, I'd like to know more.

The Valley team does have some decent prospects aside from the Foley - but more so 08 prospects - as opposed to 07. Foley is very physically strong for his age group and when he decides to use it he is near the top in his age group in NS. His IQ can be outstanding at times. If he shows he can depend on his IQ as folks catch up size wise he will have great potential.
I'd say the Western Goalie tandem stood out in that they kept their teams in most of the games they played. Additionally they faced, by all accounts, more shots than any other goalies, often being outshot 3-1. Not all success is reflected in the stats especially given the poor stats keeping in the league. Western was last in league play, however their second year goalie, Stoddard, was awarded league 1st Team All Star. The Western 1st year goalie, Muise, was selected to the U14 Team NS roster. That's pretty high praise and recognition for a tandem coming from a last place team.

I'd agree with your assessment of Foley. When motivated and focused he can be the best player on the ice. I expect he'll show strongly in U18.

Lap2000

Sep 7, 2019
Cape Breton
I'd say the Western Goalie tandem stood out in that they kept their teams in most of the games they played. Additionally they faced, by all accounts, more shots than any other goalies, often being outshot 3-1. Not all success is reflected in the stats especially given the poor stats keeping in the league. Western was last in league play, however their second year goalie, Stoddard, was awarded league 1st Team All Star. The Western 1st year goalie, Muise, was selected to the U14 Team NS roster. That's pretty high praise and recognition for a tandem coming from a last place team.

I'd agree with your assessment of Foley. When motivated and focused he can be the best player on the ice. I expect he'll show strongly in U18.
Ah right. I had Valley in my head when I was commenting on goaltending. Great information on the Hurricanes tandem.

hockeygod33

Jun 5, 2022
To me it's early to pick who will get drafted and what round at this point, so I'll keep it easy and pick my 2007 team NS. Some are debatable but all deserve to be here at this point.

Luc Legere f Halifax
Cole Chandler F Bedford
Tucker Makinen F Bedford
Jacob Rhyno F Dartmouth
Drew Keiver F Dartmouth
Landon Garber F Western
Luke Foley F Kings
Lane Sim F Pictou
Logan Roop F Pictou
Luke Sinclair F Cape Breton
Rory Pilling F Cape Breton
12th fw ?
Connor Malana or Jack Hayne for me

Drew Allison D Bedford
Connor Foston D Sackville
Max D'arcy D Dartmouth
Owen Conrad D Pictou
Brady Peddle D Nova
6th defence?
Jake O'Connor or Kingsley Austiun for me

Nolan McLauchlan G Sackville
William Stonehouse G Cape Breton

Again things will change and I could name another 10 kids that would be fine at the bottom end of this team. Rhyno, Foley, Sim, Sinclair, Pilling, Conrad and Peddle have the chance to go high though.
I would definitely put Logan Quinn for defence in there very smart minded d man. Also very big. Preformed well at the HNS Canada games phase 1 camp

Last edited:

Prospectsfinest

Jan 24, 2020
Yeah he’s my eighth, and funny thing with evaluating 14 year olds, a year later he could be top 3 of that group.

hockeygod33

Jun 5, 2022
After watching the Canada Games camp for NS in Dartmouth last weekend here are my top players for the 2023 QMJHL draft

F Foley
F rhyno
F pilling
F sim
F Sinclair
F roop
F Hines
F Chandler
F Malana
F Garber
F Clowater
FStevens

Weren’t at Camp but still in my top 12 F
Kivier
Legere

D conrad
D peddle
D quinn
D Foston
D Austin
D Allison

G McLauchlan
G Stonehouse
G Stoddart

Prospectsfinest

Jan 24, 2020
Good list. Dropped D’arcy for Quinn and I can see that. D’arcy has size and he’s a decent skater but if he can’t dominate U15 with them advantages now how will he be in two years. Hockey sense may be an issue down the road. Still like him now though.

Up front you dropped Makkinen and once again there are a handful of guys that could be on the last 3-4 spots and you added them in his place.

We will see in a few months who can step it up at U18.

hockeypro05

Apr 25, 2022
After watching the Canada Games camp for NS in Dartmouth last weekend here are my top players for the 2023 QMJHL draft

F Foley
F rhyno
F pilling
F sim
F Sinclair
F roop
F Hines
F Chandler
F Malana
F Garber
F Clowater
FStevens

Weren’t at Camp but still in my top 12 F
Kivier
Legere

D conrad
D peddle
D quinn
D Foston
D Austin
D Allison

G McLauchlan
G Stonehouse
G Stoddart

Anybody as a list like this for NB and PEI players

hockeygod33

Jun 5, 2022
Good list. Dropped D’arcy for Quinn and I can see that. D’arcy has size and he’s a decent skater but if he can’t dominate U15 with them advantages now how will he be in two years. Hockey sense may be an issue down the road. Still like him now though.

Up front you dropped Makkinen and once again there are a handful of guys that could be on the last 3-4 spots and you added them in his place.

We will see in a few months who can step it up at U18.
Some other notable players that could be in and out of that list

Fmakinen (like you said)
F Schlender
F marmulak

D Lindsay
D Merryweather
D Darcy
D Jake o connor

Prospectsfinest

Jan 24, 2020
Schlender was one of the most improved if not the most improved player throughout the year. The first of the season I found he worked hard but accomplished little, well the longer the year went the more he accomplished. Good for him, I love when hard working kids get results, he jumped a lot of spots on my personal list.

hockeygod33

Jun 5, 2022
Schlender was one of the most improved if not the most improved player throughout the year. The first of the season I found he worked hard but accomplished little, well the longer the year went the more he accomplished. Good for him, I love when hard working kids get results, he jumped a lot of spots on my personal list.
Definitely one of the most improved players for sure lots more out there that have improved a lot as well. Is there any other players you have seen improvement from??

Reactions: ccmribcore

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad