2023 QMJHL Draft

TJHKY

Aug 10, 2021
Just as a start, throw some big names from Quebec and Maritime.
Quebec:
Zachary Morin
Nathan Lecompte
Benjamin Amyot
Alex Huang
Shawn Carrier

NB:
Landon Paul
Zachary Wheeler
Liam Kilfoil
Zachary Rushton

NS:
Luke Sinclair
Jacob Rhyno
Lane Sim (Jon Sim's son, may consider go to OHL)

PEI:
Austin Walker

NL:
Did not see enough games

Last edited:

Prospect Tracker

Dec 11, 2018
Quebec
Quebec:
Zachary Morin
Nathan Lecompte
Benjamin Amyot
Alex Huang

NB:
Landon Paul
Zachary Wheeler
Liam Kilfoil
Zachary Rushton

NS:
Luke Sinclair
Jacob Rhyno

PEI:
Austin Walker

NL:
Did not see enough games

Definitly need to add Shawn Carrier to that list.

Reactions: TJHKY

Prospectsfinest

Jan 24, 2020
To me it's early to pick who will get drafted and what round at this point, so I'll keep it easy and pick my 2007 team NS. Some are debatable but all deserve to be here at this point.

Luc Legere f Halifax
Cole Chandler F Bedford
Tucker Makinen F Bedford
Jacob Rhyno F Dartmouth
Drew Keiver F Dartmouth
Landon Garber F Western
Luke Foley F Kings
Lane Sim F Pictou
Logan Roop F Pictou
Luke Sinclair F Cape Breton
Rory Pilling F Cape Breton
12th fw ?
Connor Malana or Jack Hayne for me

Drew Allison D Bedford
Connor Foston D Sackville
Max D'arcy D Dartmouth
Owen Conrad D Pictou
Brady Peddle D Nova
6th defence?
Jake O'Connor or Kingsley Austiun for me

Nolan McLauchlan G Sackville
William Stonehouse G Cape Breton

Again things will change and I could name another 10 kids that would be fine at the bottom end of this team. Rhyno, Foley, Sim, Sinclair, Pilling, Conrad and Peddle have the chance to go high though.

Reactions: Norton01

Wintersun

Jan 15, 2013
Montreal
To me it's early to pick who will get drafted and what round at this point, so I'll keep it easy and pick my 2007 team NS. Some are debatable but all deserve to be here at this point.

Luc Legere f Halifax
Cole Chandler F Bedford
Tucker Makinen F Bedford
Jacob Rhyno F Dartmouth
Drew Keiver F Dartmouth
Landon Garber F Western
Luke Foley F Kings
Lane Sim F Pictou
Logan Roop F Pictou
12th fw ?

Drew Allison D Bedford
Max D'arcy D Dartmouth
Owen Conrad D Pictou
Brady Peddle D Nova
6th defence?

Again things will change and I could name another 10 kids that would be fine at the bottom end of this team. Rhyno, Foley, Sim, Sinclair, Pilling, Conrad and Peddle have the chance to go high though.

I'll say it as I have it.

Among the players listed, these are in my first 3 rounds right now:

Chandler, Rhyno, Sim, Keiver, Foley, Sinclair, Pilling, Allison, Conrad, Peddle.

With Peddle, Conrad, Rhyno being first rounders and with Keiver and Foley in the mix as well. Just personal opinions and we're a long way out.

Would add Nolan Stevens as the 12th forward easily personally. Maybe Kane Clark as well.

I feel quite strongly about this NS class. A lot of good players to keep an eye on. Obviously, some of them may fall out or others may jump real high as well.

Reactions: Teaspoon salami

Prospectsfinest

Jan 24, 2020
Pretty much agree on all fronts. Keiver is extremely intelligent and a great passer, and he's finally starting to catch up size wise. Stevens is a bit of a sleeper, he's been over shadowed by some very good players on his own team, but his skating has improved a lot over the last couple years to close the gap some. Kane Clark is another very smart player that has been under sized the last couple years....I can see him being a sneaky pick if he doesn't grow next year, that could blossom into a solid player.

Rhyno and Conrad to me are locks for first round and that's a lot to say being over a year out. Probably another 6 are in the mix depending on the next 16 months of growth and improvement.

Haven't seen Kilfoil or Paul since Covid hit, but they were extremely good before that and I'd be surprised if they are not first round as well. Haven't seen Wheeler or Rushton this year but they are there too.......Could be a strong Atlantic Canadian showing from 2007 depending on the NCAA committs.

TJHKY

Aug 10, 2021
Add few names from PEI
Jordan Shaw
Kayden McGuigan
Ryan Dwyer
Brian Zhang
Will Murphy

Last edited:

TJHKY

Aug 10, 2021
Rafael Cloutier played under age in prep school, is looking good.

HockeyScout2

Feb 26, 2022
To me it's early to pick who will get drafted and what round at this point, so I'll keep it easy and pick my 2007 team NS. Some are debatable but all deserve to be here at this point..

This might be a dust thing to say, but I played novice advanced with a couple of the guys on this list. Can't wait to hopefully see them get drafted in the coming years

HockeyScout2

Feb 26, 2022
for Ns Lane Sim might go OHL like his brother and father, Jacob Rhyno is also OHL eligble as he was born in ON, and Luke sinclaire might go NCAA route like his father.

peter26

Jan 6, 2013
Quebec:
Zachary Morin
Nathan Lecompte
Benjamin Amyot
Alex Huang
Shawn Carrier

NB:
Landon Paul
Zachary Wheeler
Liam Kilfoil
Zachary Rushton

NS:
Luke Sinclair
Jacob Rhyno

PEI:
Austin Walker

NL:
Did not see enough games

Add Bélanger from Albatros to this list. One of the most impressing 07 I've seen so far.

Really liked Huang too.

TJHKY

Aug 10, 2021
Caleb Desnoyers small size player
Play really good in U15 league.

Norton01

Mar 31, 2022

Luc Legere f Halifax
Cole Chandler F Bedford
Tucker Makinen F Bedford
Jacob Rhyno F Dartmouth
Drew Keiver F Dartmouth
Landon Garber F Western
Luke Foley F Kings
Lane Sim F Pictou
Logan Roop F Pictou
12th fw ?

Drew Allison D Bedford
Max D'arcy D Dartmouth
Owen Conrad D Pictou
Brady Peddle D Nova
6th defence?

Agree with most of your picks here but would suggest;
12th fw Drew Muise Western (great size, hard worker, two way player)
6th D Dawson O'Connell Western (great skater, natural hockey smarts)
G Cohen Stoddard (saw more shots than any other goalie in the league, acrobatic saves, great rebound and puck control)

After watching this team this year, and it was a tough year, these are the players that stood out and on any other team, would have had standout seasons and better stats to support the work they put in.

TJHKY

Aug 10, 2021

OHL has Misa for Exceptional Status.

No player from Q gets ES soon.

Lap2000

Sep 7, 2019
Cape Breton
Not always the best way to develop. Seen a few fails in the past (Sean Day, most recently). Wish this kid the best.
Sean Day - not sure I'd classify it as a failure. He's a Jan born kid, who was 6' 2" at 15 - a few days later and he'd have been in the draft in any case. He ended up being drafted and has a played a few NHL games. Sean Day was not seen as generational, by real hockey people back then, just ready for the OHL - hence his 4th draft position. If that is a fail, I'd hate to write your exam :). Misa will likely be #1 and his story is different.

Reactions: Teaspoon salami

Prospect Tracker

Dec 11, 2018
Quebec
Sean Day - not sure I'd classify it as a failure. He's a Jan born kid, who was 6' 2" at 15 - a few days later and he'd have been in the draft in any case. He ended up being drafted and has a played a few NHL games. Sean Day was not seen as generational, by real hockey people back then, just ready for the OHL - hence his 4th draft position. If that is a fail, I'd hate to write your exam :). Misa will likely be #1 and his story is different.
We're talking exceptional status here. The player that receives that privilege should at least get drafted 1st round in the Show. And he should at least be in the league at 24 years old in my opinion.

He's still a pretty good hockey player but no one will convince me that he had developed as expected. He's not the only kid at 6'2" and 15 years old born early. All the others play Midget.

Last edited:

SWNBhockey

Apr 22, 2021
Anyone catch any of the HNB Cup this weekend in Fredericton? Start of the tryouts for the U16 Canada Games team.

Missing Kilfoil, Paul and Wheeler but everyone else from the NB 07 group was there.

hockeypro05

Apr 25, 2022
Anyone catch any of the HNB Cup this weekend in Fredericton? Start of the tryouts for the U16 Canada Games team.

Missing Kilfoil, Paul and Wheeler but everyone else from the NB 07 group was there.
Red Team was dominant with top forwards : Alex Thibault, Zacharie Michaud and Zachary Boudreau

strong showing on defense : Ryan Adams and Jameson George

and Olivier St-Onge was a strong showing in net.

cjhockey

May 9, 2022
Top nl 2007 kids
Donald hickey-g oha u15
Jack marnell-d oha u15
Ryan Dawe -d St. John’s Hitmen u15
Ty peddigrew-f tricom thunder u15
Noah boland- f St. John’s Hitmen u15
Will carrol -f tri com thunder u15

Reactions: RantAndRoarNL

Ad

Upcoming events