Racing: 2023 NTT Indy Car Series (Schedule in post #1)

hockey diva

RIP Pred303
Sponsor
May 17, 2010
Beleriand
I need to find a feed, I am out on town visiting a friend who has no cable or streaming services. Hoping for good weather and a great race.

Louskoolaid89

We're back!
Oct 14, 2017
What an absolute shitshow of a race.
I like a wild shitshow over fuel strategy. Just as long as nobody gets seriously hurt I'm good. Most Indy races are low on the carnage meter. Besides those street races like Nashville,Long Beach and St.Petersburg.

AintLifeGrand

Burnin Jet-A
Apr 8, 2009
GreatestSnowOnEarth
What an absolute shitshow of a race.
You must not be used to passing coming from F1... It was a modern classic. Go back to f1 thread

I like a wild shitshow over fuel strategy. Just as long as nobody gets seriously hurt I'm good. Most Indy races are low on the carnage meter. Besides those street races like Nashville,Long Beach and St.Petersburg.
Listen , if they had ended under yellow people would have bitched as well. I'm 50/50 on the third red flag, but the fans deserve every chance to end the race under green. If the race had gone yellow after O'Wards crash it likely would have finished under yellow, and Newgarden would have won.

The fastest driver won the greatest race in the world, the pinnacle of motorsport in a memorable and exciting final 50 laps of the race.

F1 aint got shit on Indycar.

KevFu

May 22, 2009
Phoenix from Rochester via New Orleans
Red flagging was the RIGHT call, they just red-flagged the last time a lap too late.

You saw the cars come down through the safety vehicles on both sides at start/finish on 198... which made NO SENSE on any level. They should have gone straight into the pits.

A. for safety, not driving through a debris field, and not endangering the safety crews.
B. because they should have been red flagged already and not come around another time before hitting the pits.

THEN they could go 199 under yellow and race lap 200 to the checkered.

Even the street courses, if they get through the first three turns it's usually clean all day.

Yellows breed yellows. Once there's one yellow late, it's gonna be carnage because there's no reason for anyone to NOT go for it.

Reactions: adsfan

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
Even the street courses, if they get through the first three turns it's usually clean all day.

Yellows breed yellows. Once there's one yellow late, it's gonna be carnage because there's no reason for anyone to NOT go for it.

...As Detroit shown.

hockey diva

RIP Pred303
Sponsor
May 17, 2010
Beleriand
As much as I enjoy having an Indy race in my home city, the Music City GP also has a lot of carnage that messes up the flow of the race.

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
I saw the qualifying at Road America, where the track was repaved and has a lot of grip. Unfortunately, if you put a wheel off of the road, you are likely to spin out. Colton Herta is on the poll.

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
Interesting the Preds per capita are the most well represented fanbase in this thread
I grew up about 100 miles from the Indianapolis Motor Speedway. I remember going to Pole Day around 1967 when the Turbines were running with their distinctive "whoosh" at 170 mph. Parnelli Jones, Mario Andretti and maybe Jerry Grant (?) driving for the STP team and Andy Granatelli with the all red cars. My brother used to say that they were "good for 195 laps". Mario won in a conventional car in 1969. I was at the 1970 and 1971 races that Al Unser (Sr.) won. One year, it should have been Mark Donohue in his dark blue Sunoco car, but something broke about lap 175. His stopped car was left near the track and somebody wrecked into it and destroyed it. That is why cars get towed off.

I also witnessed Eldon Palmer drive the Pace Car into the photographers stand. After that, Jim Rathmann, the 1960 Indy winner, was the driver of the Pace Car for years. Only former pro drivers were used after that infamous wreck.

I think that 23 cars qualified, mostly early, then a long stretch of "practice", then a few more cars during "Happy Hour" when the front stretch shadows cooled the track through Turn 1. We were parked about midway down the Backstretch in the infield. There must have been 100,000 fans.

Reactions: hockey diva

hockey diva

RIP Pred303
Sponsor
May 17, 2010
Beleriand
Going to the Music City GP on Sunday. Thankfully, they shifted the start time to around noon Which makes it much easier for me to go.

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
As much as I enjoy having an Indy race in my home city, the Music City GP also has a lot of carnage that messes up the flow of the race.

Not today, which messed up some teams strategy of waiting for a yellow.

I find that to be ironic. Even the three car accident near the end was pretty mild.

I will be interested in seeing the Indy Cars racing down Broadway next year.

Of course, I will be watching it from Milwaukee.

Reactions: hockey diva

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad